“Nice!”

Desperado's
Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Ketchum
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Voted "Valleys Best Mexican" again in 2013! "We create authentic, delicious Mexican dishes that respect your desires for a healthy meal without compromising flavor. Offering fresh ingredients (locally sourced when available), high quality, regionally sourced meats, daily specials, vegetarian selections, and 3 kinds of salsa made daily. We use non-hydrogenated oil with a dedicated chip fryer. Owner/Manager Jim Funk started Despo's in 1983. Specials every day, Wednesdays you can count on Texas Tacos. Celebrate Meatless Margarita Monday every week with 20% off all Veggie menu items and 20% off Margaritas!
Hailey, ID
“Nice!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'm not even a big fan of Mexican cuisine, but I love me some Despo's!!! Good price, very consistent! And awesome service! My top dishes are Carne Asada burrito wet-red, veggie quesadilla, tortilla line soup. And when it's on the special board the tacos el pastor cannot be missed! These are so good I order one even if I'm not hungry! This is California style Mexican food at its finest up I. The Idaho mountains!

• Visited September 2013

San Francisco
“Ameri-Mex”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The food is predictable American style Mexican. Nothing much ethnic here, but if you have a bunch of hungary skiers or kids you may like
it!

• Visited August 2013
James F, Owner at Desperado's, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We like to be predictable in the way that one can always find fresh, regional and local products at Despo's with a Mexican flavor. We like to be predictable by highlighting veggie items every Meatless Monday, and Texas Tacos every Wednesday. We work hard to make sure our flavors are always enjoyable while sourcing natural products to insure healthy choices and that our servers are always sincerely pleased to see you and in that way we like to be predictable. I apologize that you find our predictability a negative in some way and we would love the chance to talk with you the next time you're in town to see what it is we can do to make your experience a more enjoyable one. Thank you for taking time to express your opinion and we look forward to serving you again.
idaho
“always a favorite”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

family is here, i don't want to cook, so we all go to despos..there is always something to please everyone in the family. everything is fresh, not too overly sauced, fresh salsa, good beer and great portions.
thanks, jim, always a favorite.

• Visited September 2013
James F, Owner at Desperado's, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Lucky us that you didn't feel like cooking! Thanks so much for bringing the fam to Despo's AND for posting such a great review. We sure appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon!
Meridian, Idaho
“Our favorite”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

My family and I go to Despos every time we are in Ketchum. The food is delicious and service is great. This is not a fancy place, but very clean and comfortable. We have had multiple dishes and they are all superb! On our drive over from Boise, we are all looking forward to eating here! We highly recommend going when you are in the area.

Visited July 2013
James F, Owner at Desperado's, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Angie R., thank you so much! We sure do appreciate your review and are grateful for your return business. You have our promise that we will strive to live up to your post each and every time you come to Despo's. Can't wait to see you on your next visit - ask for Funk so I can thank you in person!
“I'm having withdrawls...”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I haven't been here for ages, but I have never found a better chili relleno or tortilla soup. I have ordered these at other places and I have left disappointed and unfufilled. We live in Colorado and I wish I had my own plane just so that I could get lunch here anytime. Sun Valley does not have a shortage of wonderful eateries but Desperados is number one! Desperados is a must and I would reccomend making the trip to Sun Valley just for the food here.
Great! Now my mouth is watering!

• Visited July 2012
James F, Owner at Desperado's, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Attempting back flips right now to express gratitude for your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. We can't wait for your return- please come back and visit soon. Again...Muchas Gracias!