“always a favorite”

Desperado's
Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Ketchum
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Voted "Valleys Best Mexican" again in 2013! "We create authentic, delicious Mexican dishes that respect your desires for a healthy meal without compromising flavor. Offering fresh ingredients (locally sourced when available), high quality, regionally sourced meats, daily specials, vegetarian selections, and 3 kinds of salsa made daily. We use non-hydrogenated oil with a dedicated chip fryer. Owner/Manager Jim Funk started Despo's in 1983. Specials every day, Wednesdays you can count on Texas Tacos. Celebrate Meatless Margarita Monday every week with 20% off all Veggie menu items and 20% off Margaritas!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

family is here, i don't want to cook, so we all go to despos..there is always something to please everyone in the family. everything is fresh, not too overly sauced, fresh salsa, good beer and great portions.
thanks, jim, always a favorite.

James F, Owner at Desperado's, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Lucky us that you didn't feel like cooking! Thanks so much for bringing the fam to Despo's AND for posting such a great review. We sure appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family and I go to Despos every time we are in Ketchum. The food is delicious and service is great. This is not a fancy place, but very clean and comfortable. We have had multiple dishes and they are all superb! On our drive over from Boise, we are all looking forward to eating here! We highly recommend going when you are in the area.

James F, Owner at Desperado's, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Angie R., thank you so much! We sure do appreciate your review and are grateful for your return business. You have our promise that we will strive to live up to your post each and every time you come to Despo's. Can't wait to see you on your next visit - ask for Funk so I can thank you in person!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I haven't been here for ages, but I have never found a better chili relleno or tortilla soup. I have ordered these at other places and I have left disappointed and unfufilled. We live in Colorado and I wish I had my own plane just so that I could get lunch here anytime. Sun Valley does not have a shortage of wonderful eateries but Desperados is number one! Desperados is a must and I would reccomend making the trip to Sun Valley just for the food here.
Great! Now my mouth is watering!

James F, Owner at Desperado's, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Attempting back flips right now to express gratitude for your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. We can't wait for your return- please come back and visit soon. Again...Muchas Gracias!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great Mexican with a flair. Chips and salsa and margaritas to start---Wonderful! I had the grilled red snapper special and my husband had the chicken burrito! Food was fresh,service prompt and friendly. This was our first experiences at the Despos but we will be back. Not the typical Mexican!

1  Thank Cathy W
James F, Owner at Desperado's, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

We are so glad you ventured into Despo's, and just as happy you took the time to post a beautiful review. Thank you so much and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Despos has excellent Mexican food, great service, and good portions. One of my favorites after a long mountain bike ride north of Ketchum.

James F, Owner at Desperado's, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Our sincere gratitude for posting an excellent review! We are thrilled you come to Despo's after enjoying the trails - such an amazing way to see this beautiful valley.