“Great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Seattle, Washington
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had a great dinner and they were very accommodating to having young children with us. We all enjoyed the meal.

Visited July 2013

Seattle
“Great food, frustrating service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

First the good: The food was EXCELLENT! Starting with our Manhattans, which were as good as we’ve had anywhere. The appetizer was over the top: An avocado and lobster chilled concoction that was fabulous! The lobster actually had flavor and tasted fresh. We both loved it. The house salad, which we split, was also very good: a mixture of greens with walnuts and real bacon bits in a ranch dressing. My spouse, who always orders the dressing on the side, enjoyed it every bit as much as I did. Her Ahi was cooked to perfection. I was in the mood to try their Curry dish and was very impressed, not only with the presentation – the curry was served in a clay pot over a flame to keep it warm – but the flavors over the jasmine rice were delectable. Very highly recommended if one is in the mood for curry. I chose the beef tenderloin but it is also available in chicken, shrimp or vegetarian. While we were pretty full I did ask to see the dessert menu out of curiosity and have to say the prices were steep enough to keep us from exploring. I suspect if they dropped the prices a couple of bucks, they’d sell more.

Now the not-so-good: Our service was surprisingly poor for a restaurant of this intended quality. Perhaps it was because we were seated on the rooftop and they had to split wait-staff between the main floor (which had very few patrons) and the rooftop (fairly full). But we ended up spending more time discussing the service than we did the food – not a good sign. It seemed we could never find our server when we needed her; she just wasn't on the roof. And then there was the episode when a server (not our waitress) tried to place our salads in front of us before we had received our appetizer. He was insistent that it was our salad and we were more insistent that we wanted our appetizer first. We prevailed but it was strange (to their credit, when they did deliver our salads, they were clearly fresh and not the previous ones). We had to flag down a different waitress to ask for a wine menu and by the time we received our order of a bottle of Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc, we'd completed our appetizer and were almost finished with our salad. But then when our waitress brought the "Duckhorn" Sauvignon Blanc, I was very disappointed that it was actually a bottle of Decoy Sauvignon Blanc. Though made by the same winery, it is clearly not the same quality wine. Surprised they would allow a mistake like that to remain on their wine list. The main meal was served without issue and was excellent as noted above. Dessert menu was requested but too expensive for exploration. Then another bizarre episode occurred as we awaited our bill. A server (not our waitress) tried to serve us a Tuna Poke appetizer! Were it not for all the other mistakes and frustrations it would have been amusing, instead it highlighted the problems they were having with their service.

So do I recommend B? I would have to say Yes based on the food: it really is good if a bit expensive for Ketchum. But be prepared to be frustrated with the service.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in Ketchum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant after a day of mountain biking with 6 people. The atmosphere on the roof top was great. Our group loved every dish they had. Salads were fresh and the main dishes were well presented and tasted great. Our group ate mainly fish, but the wok dishes and meat dishes served nearby looked great. Key lime pie for desert was the perfect ending. We definitely recommend this restaurant and will be back.

Visited July 2013
Idaho
“Great food and wonderful service in Ketchum atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The sea bass was terrific as was the presentation. Our server Kortni was exceptional. We would definitely go here again. Very friendly place. We avoided the heat and ate downstairs. More of a party atmosphere upstairs though.

• Visited June 2013
Sun Valley, ID
“One of our favs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have gone to B's many times and have always been very happy. This is a very classy place (white tablecloths!) in a very casual, mountain town. Sadly, tonight we had a bad experience and I just wanted to write and tell people to avoid the Asian short ribs. I have never had this experience before. The ribs were much too chewy. I honestly couldn't chew them enough to swallow them. The waitress was lovely but said that it's just this particular rib and the way they are cut. I'm sorry, but for $29 that was a lousy reason. The noodles were fabulous and thankfully I was full after having those. I suggested that she have the staff taste the ribs that were left on my plate, but I noticed that they just tossed them. I fully expected a discount on my dinner since $29 for noodles is highway robbery but nothing was done to compensate us. I thought maybe even a dessert (especially since it was my husband's birthday) --- NOTHING! Local restaurants need to treat their local clients with a bit more concern. I want this restaurant to make it, but they need to listen to their customers and be more sensitive. (PS.... they still have not invested in any shades for the windows so be prepared to be fried by the sun!)

• Visited May 2013