“Exceptional Service and Food”
Review of Vintage Restaurant

Vintage Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 78 Restaurants in Ketchum
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sisters, Oregon
“Exceptional Service and Food”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were a group of 5 women spending 3 nights and 2 days skiing mid week at Sun Valley. We began our dining extravaganza with The Pioneer Saloon on Monday eve, the Ketchum Grille on Tuesday, and Wednesday night we decided to dine at the Vintage. Each night the food and service got better and better!

We were able to get a last minute reservation for this tiny home that has been converted into a fine dining restaurant. We were warned that it would be expensive, but it was soooooo worth it! The food is described on Yelp as "Bohemian." The restaurant is owned by two Mexican brothers. One brother is a CIA certified chef and the other runs the front of the house.

I was tired of drinking mediocre red wine at Pinot Noir prices, so asked the "front house" brother what he would suggest. Next thing I knew he had poured me tastes from at least 5 bottles of bordeaux style wine! Now that is customer service! There was no guessing whether I'd chosen the best wine for the evening.

I ordered the salmon and it was honestly one of the best prepared salmon that I have ever eaten. Moist and flavorful. Everyone in our group raved about the food and the service. We splurged on dessert and when I whined that they had no chocolate dessert (without nuts, which I'm allergic to) a bowl of homemade vanilla ice cream appeared. It was THE BEST vanilla ice cream that I'd ever eaten! Perhaps the shot of hard grained alcohol poured over the ice cream (was it whiskey?) helped to add to my pleasure. The bill appeared and we saw stars, but it was well with the splurge! We will share this find with all of our skiing friends!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank pancakeprincess1961

Freeland, Washington
“A Sun Valley Classic”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This tiny restaurant dishes up some of the best food in the valley. Their rack of lamb is done to perfection, the pecan crusted chicken is always a great choice and they offer nightly specials that make it hard to decide on an order. The Rock shrimp sweet corn tamales are a starter for which they are, deservedly famous. Excellent service, romantic atmosphere; what more could you want in a restaurant? Reservations a must as there are only a half dozen tables and diners encouraged to linger.

• Visited February 2013
Saxonburg, Pennsylvania
“Best in Ketchum”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Had two excellent dinners here during Presidents week. The shrimp/corn tamale appitisers were out of this world, yummy. Had the duck dinner, very good ducky tasting duck. Also had the sea bass specisl in coconut milk sauce, very tasty. The asparagus salad with goat cheese and wintercress was a regular menu item, excellent winter choice salad. Also tried the pecan crusted chicken, mustard sauce the winner, chicken breast perfectly done. Wait staff and owner were extremely accomidating to us, we felt welcomed and privledged, in great compsny with other like minded guests. Wine list is another plus. When ever we are in Sun Valley we will make reservations to eat here!

Seattle
“favorite in Ketchum”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Situated in a historic house, it's very cozy. Service is personable & efficient. Food is always well prepared and portions are generous. The menu changes, but the duck is always offered & irresistible.

Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A family tradition!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The Vintage has been a family tradition for years. The best dining experience in Ketchum and one of my top 5 in the world (includes S.F., Portland, Houston, Wash DC, Australia, Germany, London, & Paris). My choice to celebrate special events...call early for reservations since seating is limited.

• Visited January 2013