“The Best Way to Start Your Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bluebird Day Cafe - CLOSED

The Bluebird Day Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Fun and Casual Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch restaurant. Come in and find out what the locals are raving about! Great food, interesting Craft Beers and Wine. Enjoy our famous Bottomless Mimosas on our Sunny Deck, seasonally.
Boise, Idaho, United States
“The Best Way to Start Your Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went to Blue Bird for the first time! Amazing experience. I got a mix of different items on the menu and they didn't see to have any issues with doing it. In Fact the waitress was very helpful. It was quiet, quick and comfortable. I would totally recommend this place for anybody, this quent essential Sun Valley! A total must for connoisseurs of good breakfast!

Love It! Do It!

• Visited February 2013

Florida
“Not good.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I really don’t understand why there are so many good reviews. Unless it is because breakfast is MUCH better than lunch. We went for lunch and were VERY disappointed.

The “ambiance” (if you can call it that) felt “run-down”…dark, uncomfortable.

The menu seemed somewhat limited. I ordered a tuna melt sandwich on toasted sourdough bread. The bread did not appear to be toasted and I said so to the waitress. Her response was that it was toasted but that it was VERY white bread. Really??? In spite of being a tuna “melt”, the cheese was not melted (or even hot). My husband had the half sandwich and soup. He said it was “alright”.

Neither of us will return. Nor, do we recommend this restaurant for lunch.

On the positive side, the service was good and cheerful, but then this seems to be the case throughout Ketchum… everyone seems nice and friendly.

• Visited January 2013
“Nice, simple and warm, just like a hood solid Idaho woman should be.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Simple and to the point of just good quality comfort food. Nothing to rave about, though I think the chowder was undersold. The atmosphere was a little bland, but the menu made it even and the service was warm and attentive. For a quick basic mid ranged lunch, this is a solid score.

Eagle, Idaho
“Wonderful breakfast spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Not only was this easily accessible on the local (free) bus but the food was fantastic The waitress kept our $15 bottomless mimosas coming and the food was one of the best breakfasts we've had in a long time! The sweet potato/Italian sausage/egg hash was unique and flavorful. Husband said the huevos rancheros were good. The kids were happy with their pancakes (w/huckleberries), egg, and bacon combo. We'll definitely be back next time we're in the Sun Valley area!

Sun Valley, Idaho
“Amazing Breakfast & Lunch Spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The positive reviews of The Bluebird Day Cafe are spot on! I had dined at this location when it was Moose Girls back in the day so when I walked in for the first time I was so pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere has improved drastically! There is no longer a cramped feeling and in fact it is so open and I really like the decor.

My husband and I recently dined here for breakfast and were provided some of the best service one could ever expect during a meal out from Katie. I am sure all of the servers are great but I would say she is exceptional at her job!

The food was absolutely delicious as always, everything is cooked perfectly and I may be wrong but I feel like they have more variety on their menu than the other local breakfast/lunch spots.

Lastly, I must mention the bottomless mimosas. It is not often that you order a mimosa and get asked "what flavor"? I can admit that I have tasted more than one flavor and they are all delicious!

I would highly recommend dining at the Bluebird Day Cafe, and while you are at it ask for Katie!