“Outstanding food at Smiley Creek Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Smiley Creek Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ketchum
Smiley Creek Lodge
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Ketchum
Eagle, Idaho
“Outstanding food at Smiley Creek Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We ate dinner there and had the most outstanding food. We chose lake trout with capers, pork chops, all served with delicious apple mashed potatoes and cooked vegetables. The children's menu included entrees that come with either french fries or veggies. Our six year old's chicken strips were delicious and since she chose vegetables, she was served with raw carrots and celery sticks. Great service! This lodge is located at the south end of the Sawtooth Valley and is the first restaurant/hotel you encounter after you go over Galena Summit from Ketchum into the Sawtooths. This lodge has a beautiful log decor and is tastefully decorated. Four star dining in the Sawtooths!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LeslieKSmith

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Smiley Creek Lodge, would never have ventured here except my daughter has taken a job with the Sawtooth Fish Hatchery. We needed a place to stay Memorial Day Weekend so we could visit. Smiley Creek was recommended by a friend. I expected a cabin, for the price, to be like the forest service cabins. Bunk bed and futon with a small table. Took our sleeping bags to sleep in. What we walked into was paradise in the beautiful mountains. The cabin was bigger than I ever expected. The 2 beds were amazing and the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The cabin, spotless! Adirondack chairs on the deck invited me to stay forever and read while enjoying the amazing view of the mountains and smell of the forest. They don't have bathrooms but the shower house is just a few steps away with a modern toilet and plenty of hot water! The lodge offers an amazing menu of delicious food and giant, to die for, cinnamon rolls! Only wish I could have my coffee before 8am and after 8 pm. Ha. For all of us that can't bear to not be connected, the lodge does have a wifi hotspot! On top of all this, the staff are the nicest, friendliest people I've met. Always ready to help. And, lots of hiking, kayaking and fishing available. 26 miles from Stanley on the highway to Sun Valley. About 3 hours from Boise.

• Stayed May 2013
Cream Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

The food was excellent, people were friendly, location superb. Especially enjoyed the milkshakes. Great stop between Redfish lake and Ketchum.

We didn't spend a night so no idea of lodging.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Falcon67pw
Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I took our 2 grandson's up to the Stanley, ID area for the 4th of July. We drove past Stanley to Smiley Creek Lodge and ate lunch there. The food was really good, and even better were the people who work there. They were kind, friendly, very helpful and good to the kids! We ended up renting one of their little cabins for the night. The price was excellent, beds comfy, room very clean. I left the windows opened most of the night for that mountain air that I love. The bathrooms and showers were away from the cabins, and shared, but, they were clean and the hot shower felt wonderful after a long day. Fireworks are at Stanley, as are other ammenities, but we found just about everything we needed right at Smiley Creek. The girls who worked the night shift at the restaurant made a sandwich for me even when they should have closed and gone home. I can't tell you how much I appreciated that kindness and time they took to do that for me! Our whole family recommends Smiley Creek Lodge!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank kittycatlane
Vista, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

For starters, the lodge is not actually in Ketchum. It's closer to Stanley, ID. It's in the Sawtooth Valley, which is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. When I made my reservation there were no cabins available, but they had a room over the main lodge, or tepees. The tepees don't have private bathrooms, so that was definitely out. We chose lodge room #2. The picture online doesn't show that it is like an attic room with severely sloped ceilings, and you can only stand upright in the center of the room. There are no frills; bed, bath, clean towels, alarm clock. That's it. No TV, hair dryer, phones, microwave, coffee maker, nada. There is a small fridge, however. The restaurant downstairs had a wide selection of food, reasonable prices and a reputation for serving the best milkshakes for miles. They have a small general store and gas pumps, which is nice as they are quite a ways(30-40 miles) from either Stanley or Ketchum. They are directly across from the little airport so you can fly in if you like. The airport noise is not a factor, as I didn't see a single plane come or go during our 3 day stay. If you need to rise early for an activity, forget about coffee from the restaurant. They don't open until 8 AM.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank kwhalen01
Long Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

If you want something different stay in a Tepee. It has a bed with a heated mattress pad. Very nice. Good breakfast at the diner. I recommend it. Cabins didn't look like much. Again go for the Tepee. Can't tell you what the lodge upstairs was like.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MaxieD
Idaho Spud
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

Simple but comfy accommodations; the rooms are always spotless.
Handy little convenience store and good cheeseburgers at the cafe.
Seems like an all around well-run place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank IdahoSpudBunky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ketchum
BEST WESTERN Tyrolean Lodge
#1 of 10 in Ketchum
Valley Creek Lodge
Valley Creek Lodge
#3 of 4 in Stanley

Been to Smiley Creek Lodge? Share your experiences!