“Beyond disappointed!”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Ketchum
Idaho
“Beyond disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

My husband and I had stayed here for our anniversary in April and had a pleasant experience. However, on this visit, it was the worst hotel experience I can remember having. It was my husbands birthday and we checked in at 3PM. Immediately we could hear very loud stomping coming from the room above us. I called the office and told them. They said there were only 2 adults NO children staying in that room. We left and went to dinner and when we came back at about 9PM the stomping was still going on. I called and complained again and then found out there was approximately 3 adults and 3 kids in the room. The office called them and within minutes we had a knock at our door. It was one of the kids. The young child tried to hide but I could see her anyway, I just shut the door and thought hopefully they had been asked to leave. Moments later we had another very loud knock on the door and it was a woman who proceeded to scream at us for shutting the door on the child who knocked and then hid. WTH? Anyway, the woman threatened violence. We asked for the front desk person to call the police. While she was very sweet and knew we were not in the wrong she asked if we would change rooms. Apparently we had no other choice. The new room reeked of cigarettes, the beds were the worst , very bouncy!(also very smelly) and the bathroom was very dirty. We were not offered any compensation. I strongly suggest avoiding this place.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suzq9769

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

Tamarack Lodge was a great place to stay and the employees went out of their way to provide excellent service. Staff was eager to help with recommendations, requests and all of our questions. The location is perfect and the rooms were a great value.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Lafayette, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

When we check in the room, we notice the sink was very dirty. No problem, washed it out ourselves. Next morning at 7 a.m.; after begin blasted awake twice by noisy neighbors with less than adequate sound proofing, we found out quickly why the sink was coated with what we now know is soap scum. Our noisy neighbor above us shower flooded our sink and out into the floor and carpet. The flood coated everything we had on the counter with the dirty shower drain water. We called the front desk; but no one shows up to clean up. At check out we complained but not even a discount on the room was offered.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank riwhite
Colden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

I made my reservation using Lonely Planet recommendation. Found the room lovely, huge in fact. Staff great; helpful. Bicycles available upon reservation. Pool & Spa excellent. Great value. Would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2008

We made reservations to stay the night before a family function.(with a special rate) When we arrived my wife noticed an odor in the room. I took my son to the pool to swim. The smell turned out to be food left by a previous guest 5 days before. Also, when I returned from the pool I noticed the toilet had urine and toilet paper in it from the previous guest. we did notify the front desk and they cleaned the bathroom with sanitizer, (I just had assumed this would have been done before checking in).

We decided we would stay another day but would like another room. The next day my wife went to the office to see about another room, we checked another room and found it to be not much better. My wife tried to speak with the gal at the front desk as my wife is trying to be curtious due to my son being present, the gal was very unprofessional and started yelling at my wife and told my wife to get out of the motel.

Overall it was not a great experiance and would not stay again.

Stayed September 2008
AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

We were booked on the 3rd floor. This lodge has no elevator and no valet service. I was not told this at the time of booking. I suggest people who have problems climbing stairs with luggage not book. The carpet in the room had big stains and had an odor. Of the four staff members I encountered, two were friendly and helpful, two were not helpful and answered questions in a rude manner. Mangement made no effort to address my concerns and was rather rude herself. Room was large and clean, but furniture was old. My overall expierence at this hotel made my trip less pleasant and was definitely not worth the price charged.

• Liked — Not much.
  • Disliked — The Staff and the lack of elevators .
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank DOCUMENTSPLUS
Boulder, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2006

There are many pricey hotels in this area, and we settled on this one after a lot of internet research. Our standard king room ($139) was very large and clean, with fridge, coffeemaker, and microwave (and ski racks for winter visitors). There was a spa and an indoor pool.
Location is right in Ketchum, within easy walking distance to everything.
We would definitely stay here again, but would ask for one of the rooms off the interior courtyard, as our deck view was an alley with parking and traffic.

• Liked — Large nice room
  • Disliked — Deck view, Early maid
  • Tips/Secrets — Recommend room on the inner courtyard
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank lesbriggs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ketchum
BEST WESTERN Tyrolean Lodge
Knob Hill Inn
Knob Hill Inn
#1 of 10 in Ketchum
Wood River Inn & Suites

Been to Tamarack Lodge? Share your experiences!