We stayed in a one bedroom unit on the 3rd floor. The unit was like a small apartment with a great kitchen that was fully stocked with everything you needed to cook meals (granite countertops, even!). Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Even the sofa bed in the living area was comfortable for the kids. The lodge is a condo time share, but the staff never bother you to invest. Each unit is individually owned, but our unit was great. I peeked into other units and they all looked the same as far as decor, so that is great as the quality of the furniture was superior to any other place I have stayed at.
The kids (6 and 11) enjoyed the indoor water park very much. The Flowrider was a hit for all, with all of us able to body surf. The staff at the waterpark was great and very friendly. It is smaller than the Great Wolf Lodge's waterpark, but the kids didn't seem to mind.
The other activities here in the summer (winter is skiing) is the gondola ride to the mountain. It leaves directly from the lodge and is a wonderful ride. We went for the bar-b-que at the top and really enjoyed the meal (get one of the ribs and one of the chicken and share!). They also had disk golf and geocaching available at the top, but the weather was not cooperating for us so we just enjoyed the scenery. We also did a mine tour at the Crystal Gold Mine. It was a little pricey ($42.00 family) but we enjoyed it anyway. Got to pan for "gold" and could hardly pull my husband away. Great priced gifts at their gift shop. We might have to come back in the winter and try skiing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our year-round resort is conveniently located in Kellogg, Idaho just off I-90, 70 miles east of Spokane and 30 miles east of Coeur d'Alene. Home to some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the Northwest, Galena Ridge Golf Course and Silver Rapids, Idaho's largest indoor waterpark. At Silver, the family fun never ends whether you enjoy snow tubing, skiing or snowboarding during the winter months or golfing, mountain biking, hiking, gondola rides or a variety of family activities during the summer. Make Morning Star Lodge the base-camp for your next family adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Silver Mountain Resort Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Mountain Morning Star Hotel Kellogg
- Silver Mountain Resort Lodging Kellogg, Idaho