“Terrible service!! Terrible management!! No parking!! Will not go back, not worth the money I paid!!”

Silver Mountain Resort Lodging
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I along with our three boys and two girlfriends spent the day snowboarding, we actually had a somewhat fun time even though the runs were icy. The staff throughout the resort is rude and lazy! We reserved a room which was hell to even find, the desk clerk acted as if we were inconveniencing her! Parking sucked! The waterpark closed too early and going down one of the slides as we came to the end we were whipped around and jolted to such an abrupt stop with little water in the pool that our bodies collided with such force that I ended up having to see a Doctor who then said I had internal bleeding in my leg!! What a fun ride!! I hope small children aren't allowed on this slide. Could use some new management or @ least brush up on their management skills!! Will not stay & play@ waterpark again!!

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Kriiss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tri-Cities
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here while skiing with my family. The apartments are well equipped, and homely. The water park was fun and clean. Warning: Internet is hard wired not wi-fi.
Supermarket ( Yokes) close by, so stock your fridge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Clancy, MT
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We don't take a ton of big family vacations, so our annual trip to the indoor waterpark at is always VERY anticipated :) We were disappointed that there is a three night minimum during the days around Christmas, and we did not have that in our budget, so the Christmas trip is somewhere else. However, for a VERY fun weekend away, this place is great! The kids were entertained all day - and without video games or TV's! We will definitely plan our trips earlier in the future like we have in previous years...unless Silver Mountain changes their 3-night minimum ;)

Room Tip: Restaurants seemed to close early for a "resort" on a Saturday night so be sure to plan fo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Grangeville, Idaho
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My family and I (14 members) recently stayed at the Morning Star Lodge while visiting Silver Mountain Resort. Most of us have stayed here a couple of times before, so we already knew what a great stay it was going to be. We rented a one bedroom loft with an additional one bedroom suite attached, and another one bedroom studio in order to accommodate all of us. I reserved our rooms well in advance, and thanks to Sherrie and Becky, everything was in order upon check-in. I commend both of these ladies not only for their professionalism, but there outgoing friendliness. They went out of their way to answer all of my many questions and help me to reserve just the right rooms for my family's stay. When we arrived, Sherrie checked us in very quickly and without any issues.

This facility and the rooms are exceptionally nice, and are always very clean and nicely decorated. No matter which side of the building you are on you have views of mountains and trees. The beds are extremely comfortable, and the bathrooms are large with super nice towels. The kitchens contain all the dishes, pots, and utensils you need to prepare a meal for your family. Each room has either a private patio or balcony. There are also hot tubs located at each of the buildings with gas barbaque grills. All of the buildings are just a short distance to either the indoor waterpark, village gondola, and the village shops and restrauants.

We always thoroughly enjoy our stay at the Morning Star Lodge and highly recommend as your next vacation spot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were heading back into Idaho and had a few days to spare so decided to stay here again so the kids could have some fun in the waterpark.. From the moment we walked in the doors we had nothing but wonderful service. I had so many people ask me if I needed anything during our 2 day stay that I thought I was a special guest. The kids absolutely loved the water park and not having huge lines to wait in. They also did the private surf lessons in the morning and the gentleman that did the teaching was very good. The only draw back is there isn't a lot of food choices right at the hotel but the pizza place was good and the food at the waterpark was reasonable and not to bad either! There is a McDonalds and Subway close but not walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank doodlebugakj
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My family (2 adults, 3 kids) stayed for 2 nights in a loft condo. It was the best get away of the summer for us. We spent 2 days at the water park which was great fun for everyone. there were minimal line ups for the various slides, lots of areas to sit and relax for all of us and the food was good.
The condo was perfect for the 5 of us with a full kitchen and beds for everyone. We purchased a packaged which included water park passes for everyone for both days. The entire stay wasn't what I would call a cheap trip but it was worth it.
We would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were driing through and were caught late in the day with no reservations. As this was the only place with vacancy within a 20 mile radius we were stuck. What a disappointing experience..they only restaurant was Noah's Canteen..it's basically a burger joint but the prices and menu descriptions lead you to believe you are getting something a lot nicer. We almost cried when they set down the depressing looking meails in front of us. The check-in staff were actually teenage robots. The room was difficult to find (thank goodness it was July and not January) and our card keys did not work in the outer door so we had to wait for someone to come along to let us in. I don't remember the last hotel I stayed where they didn't have WIFI, free or for a fee but this place does not have it. There is no insulation between units so we got to experience Girls Weekend next door. Said enough?

Room Tip: Don't choose a room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kellogg
FairBridge Inn & Suites Kellogg
#1 of 1 in Mullan
No photo provided
Lux Rooms
#3 of 3 in Wallace

Been to Silver Mountain Resort Lodging? Share your experiences!