FairBridge Inn & Suites Kellogg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Wallace Inn(Wallace)
View Hotel
Fort Hemenway Manor(Saint Maries)
View Hotel
Bennett Bay Inn(Coeur d'Alene)
View Hotel
Japan House Suites(Coeur d'Alene)
State Motel(Coeur d'Alene)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desklobby and breakfast areaenjoyed the hot tubbreakfast sandwichsilver mountain resortplace to staystaff was very friendly and helpfulclean roomsfirst floorroad tripgondolasmithtrailseattlefairbridgeterritruck
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I echo the recent comments about this motel: very overpriced for what it is. We were driving to Montana from Oregon, and looking for a quiet reasonable motel to stop for the evening. Unfortunately, there was a big race in Coeur D'Alene and not a motel room to be had, so we were forced to drive a little further to Kellogg to find something for the night.

It's been a long time since I've stayed in a place where you could hear a pin drop in the next room. The ice maker down the hall sounded like it was in our bathroom. The people in the room directly above ours were early birds (4:30am) and their moving about made the walls shake. The front desk people were very nice, but management should be ashamed of charging such exorbitant rates for such a poor quality facility, cheap furnishings, small room. The king mattress was terrible: sagged and very uncomfortable. We checked out extra early since neither one of us got much sleep and it was pointless to stay in bed listening to all the noise.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fartoobusy
alexhartrmh, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Kellogg, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the comment here, on trip advisor. This kind of feedback allows the hotel to continually approve itself. We recently changed names, and have out brand new beds in all of rooms. Sometimes however we cannot control the level of noise other guests make. When I travel I always request a top floor, away from ice machines as I know they get used at different times of the day. Also our price fluctuates like most hospitality companies (eg airlines) according to when you make your reservation, and when you arrive. I can assure you we were the best value in town the weekend you stayed and always strive to have the best value for our guests. I would love to have you try us again sometime so I can prove to you that your experience was not the norm for our hotel.
Best Regards,
Alex Hart
Guesthouse Inn & Suites Kellogg

Reviewed March 11, 2010

I have stayed at this property from the time it was Super 8 thru Baymont and now the Silver Vallely Inn. Rates are way too high for the class of property. Breakfast was so so. Walls of the property are very thin. Can hear every squeak from the next room. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone with teens. Only positve is it is next door to the Silver Mountain Gondola......We will stay in Coeur d'Alene next time.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lad240
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I have stayed at the Baymont on several occasions and have been met with smiles and very helpful people. The management staff was very friendly and the amenities were always great. My last time staying there, the Hotel was in the process of changing it's name, some of the staff was still there but the desk manager was new. I am surprised at how Corporate she was. I didn't feel the same warmth and don't recommend staying there. this time around.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2009

This is an easy and short review. The hotel is just what you would expect. It is a mid-range stop-along-the-highway hotel with everything you need and nothing you don't. Basic accomodations with easy I-90 access. Nothing wrong with it, nothing great about it. Basic standards counted for and acceptably presented.

The only note is that the pool has very generous hours (a good thing) and the owner/manager turned out to be very friendly and much more helpful than one would expect from a roadtrip-class hotel. Not just the usual minimum wage front desk staff that can't even point you towards the nearest Wendy's. This guy knew the area and was happy to share.

This hotel will never be the dream, honeymoon getaway. But is more than acceptable for a short stay or a stop along I-90.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I booked our room by contacting the hotel directly. Family members were staying onsite also as it was Thanksgiving weekend. I notified the hotel about our dog when I made the reservation, they informed me of a $5 dollar pet fee as well as a $20 refundable damage deposit. Later I noted my $60 room charge plus a $30 separate charge in my account. I contacted the hotel's manager to discuss the $30, she said $25 dollars would be refunded in 30 days and that I was mistakenly charged for TWO pets (thus the extra $5). Thirty days later the $25 charge had not been refunded. I emailed Baymont's main site and again called the hotel in Kellogg. The manager was not available and the front desk person reversed the $25 in excess charges which credited the next day! No explanation was given for the manager's inaction... My advice - watch the extra charges and do not keep valuables in your room.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
silvervalleyinn, Front Desk Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites Kellogg, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2009

The Silver Valley Inn has recently obtained new owners and management. We apologize for any inconvenience the previous management may have caused. The owners of the Silver Valley Inn are the same couple that built the hotel themselves, the Schuemans. Their son is now the general manager and the Schuemans created a motto for the Silver Valley Inn stating "When you're here, you're family".

Our staff is very committed to holding true to this statement as we now ensure a proper check-out with our guests and go over the room bill before departure. Any incorrect incidental charges brought to our attention are gaurenteed to be reversed within 5 business days.