“Great breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Camano Island, Washington
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were passing through Kellogg and needed gas and breakfast. Several locals recommended Sams as the only place to go for breakfast, which is served all day. We were pleased to find that they had parking to accomodate our truck and travel trailer. Service was excellent; fast and friendly. Breakfast was delicious and the portions were huge. The prices were great especially considering the quantity and quality of the food. We do not get to this area very often, but when we do return, we will hit Sams when we need a good meal.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Steve H

Spokane, Washington
“A step above the traditional diner/cafe”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

fast friendly efficient service, large helpings, good food , interesting décor A great spot for a good meal at a reasonable price.

Visited July 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Come hungry!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went here for breakfast because it was recommended by the manager of our hotel. I'm glad she told us about this place. It was decorated in the "Hwy. 66 diner" style and lots of fun. Our server was extremely friendly & helpful. And the omelet......???? It was what they call the Garbage Can Omelet - huge and full of veggies, ham, sausage, etc. We split the omelet and it was more than enough! Plus it was delicious. Great breakfast.

• Visited July 2014
Billings, Montana
“Good Food, Locals Eat Here”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We had heard about Sam's Restaurant in Kellogg, ID from friends who live in Oregon, although they could not remember the name of it. They only knew the location and that it had a Route 66 theme. They raved about the Reuben sandwich. We had not planned on spending the night in Kellogg, but as our plans changed, we were looking online for somewhere to eat dinner. The search not only brought up Sam's Restaurant, but it was rated pretty high on the list. We gave Sam's Restaurant a try. When we entered we saw the Route 66 décor and realized we had stumbled into the same restaurant that our friends had recommended.

I ordered the Rueben sandwich based on my friend's recommendation and because I usually order a Rueben sandwich at many restaurants. My wife ordered the chicken-fried chicken.

While we waited for our food we realized the food was going to be good because more and more locals came in for dinner. The waitress knew them all be name.

Both meals were more than enough to fill us. My Rueben was very good with lots of flavor from the tender corned beef, the tang of the 1000 Island dressing, some "bite" from the sauerkraut, and Tillamook Cheese to hold it all together. The side of french fries was so large I barely ate them all. I usually eat french fries without sauce or ketchup, but I did try a bit of ketchup. Their ketchup tasted very sour and I think it had spoiled or had become somehow adulterated. I did not like it and did not eat any more of it.

My wife did not care a lot for her meal. She said she thought the white gravy was not home made, but tasted like canned food service gravy. The server was friendly, but not overly so. She kept our water glasses full which is a service I very much appreciate while dining.

Our two meals rang up at $20 not including tip. For the food quality and amount, I thought the cost was quite reasonable.

The restaurant also serves ice cream, pies (I read one review that thought they were store-bought), and soft serve ice cream cones.

I would eat here again but I would not go out of my way to stop in Kellogg just to eat at Sam's. However, when driving through Kellogg, Sam's Restaurant would be a much better meal to eat than the fast food joints we all frequent too much.

• Visited June 2014
North Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stopped by on our way out of town and had a great breakfast. My husband had an omelette and I had the cinnamon French toast - very tasty. They were very crowded - most likely because the food and service are great.

Visited June 2014