“Our Stay”

Silverhorn Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kellogg
Silverhorn Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kellogg
Ione
“Our Stay”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My fiancée and I stayed at this hotel. We were traveling from Spokane to the Silvervalley and we were going to stay in Coeur D' Alane because of the summer time every motel we tried was full so we decided just to go on. We finally came to a motel in Kellogg. We checked into our room which was just a plain room nothing spectacular, but with arriving close to midnight we really didn't need anything to special. The only complaint I had a first was that there were very little available plug-ins. The TV and VCR was plugged into one outlet, the mini fridge and clock was plugged into the other. The only available plug in was clear across the room by the sink. I unplugged the fridge to be able to charge my phone over night. I then plugged it in and tried to put something in the microwave but realized that it wasn’t plugged in. I then unplugged the clock and plugged the microwave in. We checked out by 10:30 which check out was 11:00. Upon checking my bank account on the following Monday I noticed that I was charged an extra $25. I called that night and was told to call back in the morning and speak with the manager. I called back at 7:30 and gave the lady my name. She told me that I was overcharged because there was a power strip cord missing from the room. I told her that there was no power strip cord in the re when we arrived that is why I had to unplug and plug in the appliances. She told me that there is one guy that rents that room on a normal basis and that he left for the weekend and we were the first ones to rent it. So I had to of been us that took it. I again told her that it wasn’t there and she told me that she stripped the room and it was there when she did it. I told her that if I wanted to steal something it wouldn’t have been a power cord that I could have bought for less than the $25 she was charging me for and she said it was $50 and it had a battery power back up on it. I told her that that proves that I didn’t take it because I didn’t even know it was an expensive one. She told me that there was nothing she could do because it was there and now it isn’t!

On the service part of the question I picked not sure because our service turned out great the lady that checked me in was very friendly and kind very bubbly, but the lady that I had to deal with on the phone wasn't very kind at all and wasn't even willing to look into the situation like maybe a made removed the cord or something. I really hate for one bad apple to spoile the bunch but she did it for us and we will not return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 24, 2011

The staff here was very inviting and kind, and my room was clean. However, looking at their website, you would think the rooms are plank floored with modern styling, and my room was anything but. Mind you there really isn't anything wrong with a standard brown shag character if you are aware that is what you are in for, but I do wish they were honest about it in their marketing. Maybe my expectations were too high, though they were based on their marketing efforts, so I'm not sure who's to fault.

It was a functional room for passing through town, but next time, I'd be inclined to throw caution to the wind and try something else. My recommendation of thumbs down would flip to up if they would be honest with their marketing material. If you stay here, and know what you are bargaining for, I'm sure you would enjoy the stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank JimK26
Montana
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I have been travelling back and forth to Montana for many years, several times a year, and I always stay at the Silverhorn. It is an older motel, but quiet and clean. The people who work there are genuinely nice, friendly folks who will make your stay pleasant. They offer free movies and coffee, and the attached restaurant is great for a "close to" homecooked meal or breakfast. I also travel with a small dog, and they allow pets. My little dog knows where her room usually is, and heads there every time. Once they knew I was going to be arriving later when it was cold, and even had the heat turned on in the room so it was warmed up for me. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! I recommend this motel whenever I can. A good halfway point between Seattle and Montana (instead of Spokane or Coeur d'Alene). Not a lot to do in Kellogg, but this motel is just want you need if you seek peace, quiet, cleanliness, and good service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank MTBound
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kellogg
FairBridge Inn & Suites Kellogg
Silver Mountain Resort Lodging
Mullan House
Mullan House
#1 of 1 in Mullan

Been to Silverhorn Motor Inn? Share your experiences!