Lewis-Clark Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Clearwater 12 Motel(Kamiah)(Great Value!)
$73
Rodeway Inn(Lewiston)
$59
Gateway Inn(Grangeville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewskoa campgroundnez perceswimming poolwould stay againroom was cleangrassproperty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 26, 2012

New Owners.
Clean rooms...lousy beds.
Satellite TV...1 channel.
WiFi......doesnt work 99% of the time. When I asked about it...I got the deer in the head lights look.
Other than that...I will return to the Motel 12 up the road.
Not as much character but for the same price...eerything works.
Including the free breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay else where.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank michael m
Reviewed July 26, 2012

"We do business with a lot of people. If you don't like it, you're welcome to leave!" That's what the owner, Todd, told me when I commented on his lack of professional conduct concerning the reservation mess we experienced at the Lewis-Clark Resort in Kamiah, ID this past July, 2012.

On the positive, the pool looked clean, the buffet food was pretty good - tender chicken and pork ribs, tough beef ribs - but tasty. Surprised the price we paid did not include a dessert, but still, portions were generous.

Our experience: Shortly after the first of the year, I phoned L-C Resort to make reservations for a large group event we would be attending in July 2012. Friends had attended last July, 2011, and advised we reserve early so as not to be near the road - it was really noisy and offered no afternoon shade. So, during the day, I called and spoke with Todd, the owner. I was assigned site #48. He then changed that because another member of our group had already been assigned that one. I was then reasurred several times that site # 49, next to 2 other members of our group, would be reserved for me and my husband.

Upon check-in the gal behind the dest told us, "We don't reserve sites!" and that the "maintenance man" sometimes answered the phone - at night - and sometimes reserves a specific site for someone, but "it's not their practice". Not happy abouy this turn of events, 2 parties from our group went to their reserved sites, and 2 of us went to pick new sites. (The second party's site became unavailable while we were checking in - someone else had pulled into it without stopping at the office to check in first. )

When the gal behind the desk told us that our, #49, site was now occupied by a 'month-to-monther', but that we were welcome to choose from a limited number of other aparently 'open' sites along the road, or by the pond (pond = mosquitos) we went out to do just that. NOTE: The entire row was empty with the exception of site 51, and most recently, 47. OWe found that our originally assigned site was NOT occupied, bit while we were out of the office, a third party in our group, whose 'reserved' site WAS occupied, had returned to the desk, reported that their site was occupied, and THEY were then given OUR unoccupied site, #49.

I soon learned that it was the owner, Todd, himself, NOT the the maintenence man, who had made my reservation (he remembered my name!), AND that it was also Todd, the owner, who assigned ALL 4 MEMBERS OF OUR GROUP SPECIFIC SITE NUMBERS!!!! One member of our group had made reservations a YEAR in advance, and had even called back a few times just to make sure there was room near them for the rest of us.

Shall I go on about the overwhelming smell of sewage, the puddle in the lane that appeared after emptying our holding tanks and never went away during 4 days of 105* heat, or our friend's inability to empty their holding tank because their port was full . It's a GOOD THING he looked before pulling the plug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And a 5th party had a similar 'reservation' mess with the L-C Motel room. It was supposed to be ground floor, handicapped - NOT. Fortunately, the people in their room were moved out and she was not forced to try to manage the stairs.

What we learned: Don't count on a specific site (or room), just pull into a shaded site when you arrive, then go check in. Stay away from the road - logging trucks start about 4 a.m. Don't count on dumping, do it somewhere else. Be careful - the trees are old cottonwoods. The owners have the place up for sale -it's old, has seen better days, I don't know what the maintenance man does, and they don't really seem to give a rip., Maybe it's because ... they do business with a lot of people, and if you don't like how, or what, they dish out, "You're welcome to go somewhere else,"

If you just take a minute to look, there are several NICE places to choose from all up and down that beautiful river - several right on its banks. :)

Room Tip: Go somewhere else - there are other nicer places to choose from.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank MLSunnyLight
Christine83536, Front Desk, Authorized User at Lewis-Clark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Lewis Clark Resort is under new ownership. As such we appreciate the feedback. While we can not change past experiences we do strive to ensure our guests enjoy their stay. Lewis Clark Resort will take into consideration your comments and make every possible action to improve our guest experience. We invite you to visit the resort again.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife and I stopped here on a tent camping trip a couple of weeks ago. We had been on the road all day and were trying to find a state or federal campground in the area. We ran out of daylight and just pulled in here about 8 pm. The owner was immediately at the office door to let us in and was very friend helpful. He set us up with a nice spot for our tent for $10! This included showers. The RV/camping area is a grassy, cottonwood stand that is very pleasant. The owner even put together a bag of ice for our cooler at no charge for the next day. Bathrooms and showers were rustic but clean. (It is a campground). We would stop here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business