“Great service, good food, wonderful coffee!”

Hearthstone Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Kamiah
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had just moved to Kamiah a few months before I finally made it over to the Hearthstone...I should have made it there sooner! My sisters were over for a visit and we stopped in and enjoyed a wonderful lunch and some of the best coffee that I have had since leaving Western Washington! The Hearthstone is nicely and comfortably decorated and the service was great! If you've recently relocated or if you're just passing through, it is a well worth stopping by.

There are newer reviews for Hearthstone Restaurant & Bakery

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Whenever we visit the upper Clearwater River area we always make it a point to have at least one good meal at the Hearthstone Bakery in Kamiah. The food is excellent in an region where good restaurants seem to be few and far between. The good food is served by friendly and helpful wait staff.

We own a cabin outside nearby Kooskia and always look forward to treating ourselves and guests to a fine meal at the Hearthstone Bakery. They only serve an evening meal Thurs. through Sat., but it is worth waiting for. The morning of the day we depart the area to return to our home in Oregon, we always make "The Bakery," as it is know by locals, our breakfast stop as we begin our trip.

One of the features of menu items which include bread or other pastries, is the outstanding bakery products baked on site. Their delicious breakfast, including toast made of their cinnamon, raisin bread is outstanding. You have a choice of a wide variety of delicious breads. These bakery products are also available separately from the bakery display case. We often add a loaf of one of these excellent breads to our purchase as we leave the restaurant.

If you pass through, or stay anywhere near Kamiah don't pass up the Hearthstone Bakery. Oh yes, the owners also operate an excellent bed-and-breakfast just outside of town.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We are NOT kidding. It might be the world's best pie of any type ever. The crust is amazing and the filling has exactly the right blend of tart and sweet. We travel an hour just to buy some pies. Amazing!

1  Thank evdriver
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Had a business lunch in one of the separate dining rooms (there can be a fee for room use). This was my second visit here, so I remembered to check the pie/refrigerator display upon entering. I ordered a slice of huckleberry pie when I ordered the turkey sandwich and soup. The bakery side of the restaurant shines through with the selection of breads for the sandwich and many types of pies. When my slice of pie arrived, everyone else ordered pie. Excellent service too.

1  Thank GotPie
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The building is decorated on a Victorian theme with large pillared counter, high ceilings, fans, tin moulded ceiling and even some antique tables and chairs. The food is outstanding especially for a small town of just over 1000 people. The bread is excellent. The serving sizes are huge. The restaurant is open for dinner on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We had dinner and breakfast there and the food was very tasty and very filling (with a lot left over from dinner). The tea is very good and the baked goods looked delicious...we were too full to sample any desserts. For the quality of food received as well as the beautiful setting, the prices were very reasonable...in fact we felt like we got a deal!