“Stay there about 10 times a year”

Best Western Sawtooth Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jerome
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great Warm Staff. Clean Rooms and Extremely Comfortable beds

Hotel is always being maintained and updated.
Our Company's #1 Place to stay when we are in town which is about 8 times a year

Modern amenities. Flat Screens, Computers and WIFI, Beautiful pool area, Jacuzzi and exercise room with flat tv. Open Snack room for hot tea , drinks....

Room Tip: Try the Suites.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
sawtoothinn, Manager at Best Western Sawtooth Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear "Stay There About 10 Times A Year",

Thank you for choosing to continually stay at the Sawtooth Inn in Jerome, ID when you visit the area! I am glad your company found us and that you have noticed our amenities and continual upgrades. The upgrades are done upon requests and suggestions of our regular guests as well as Best Western requirements based on surveys from guests like you. We want to be able to provide everything you are looking for in a hotel on a business or leisure trip to the Magic Valley.

I understand how valuable your time is, and appreciate your great review of the Best Western Plus Sawtooth Inn!

Nicole Spencer - Assistant General Manager

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Had a great relaxing stay at your Best Western Plus Sawtooth Inn. The Omelette Bar for Breakfast is the BEST!! the Pool is sparkly clean and warm enough for leisure swimming. Used the exercise room too! The rooms were roomy, clean and felt modern. Had a nice stay. Nicole at the Front Desk was a great person to make you feel welcome and like you'd come home.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
sawtoothinn, Manager at Best Western Sawtooth Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear "Great Stay",

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Plus Sawtooth Inn! I am glad you had an opportunity to enjoy some of our most loved amenities and hope you have just as great of an experience on a return trip to the area!

Asst. GM

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We loved your motel. The rooms were clean and very nice. The only problem we had, was in the are where food was served. There were so may flies that it was uncomfortable to eat. They were everywhere on all of the tables. This problem was in the conference room area, not where breakfast was served.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
sawtoothinn, Manager at Best Western Sawtooth Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear 'Our Trip to Jerome',

The housekeeping staff here at the Sawtooth Inn takes great pride in their work and I appreciate you noticing how clean our sleeping rooms are! I apologize for the flies in the Conference Center. The hotel is located right in the middle of dairy country and the Fall flies are horrendous for a few weeks each year. Unfortunately your event was held during that time and our caterer was cooking fresh orders on the bbq, which required the patio door to be opened continuously. I thank you for your constructive criticism and we will work on a way to alleviate the flies in the future during this time of year.

Asst. General Manager

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have made the trip from Oregon to Colorado many times to visit family, and usually have stayed at the Best Western Burley Inn as a good half way point. While happy with Burley, we tried the Sawtooth Inn in Jerome for a change, and sorry Burley, you have lost us to Jerome. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and the great features. A nice desk with a comfy desk chair, armchair, sofa, two vanities, etc. I use a CPAP for Sleep Apnea, so a plug hand to the bed is a big consideration. I was happy to find a bedside table both sides of the bed with plugs in the base and a switch I can reach without getting out of bed!
Breakfast was good and featured eggs on order for a scrambled mix or omelets.
The one big drawback, a one cup coffee maker in the room that produced a weak imitation of coffee.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear 'A Great Find',

I am glad you enjoyed your accommodations in the Deluxe King room at the Sawtooth Inn. That room type also features the added amenities above a standard King room of a pillow top mattress and larger flat panel TV. Thank you for taking the time to also express your gratitude for the made-to-order egg service we provide in our Full Hot Breakfast. I apologize for your dissatisfaction with the one-cup coffee maker in your room. If you do choose to stay with us again please note that we feature Douwe/Egberts regular and decaf. coffee available 24 hours in the lobby.

Asst. General Manager

Reviewed August 13, 2012

While working in the Sun Valley, Fairfield, Gooding, Burley, Declo, Albion area, I chose to stay in the mid-point which was Jerome. The receptionist at the desk was great and showed me how to do some additional things on my laptop, when I was having some difficulty. The room was really nice, and had I not brought my own pillow, there were many pillows on the bed with a note that additional types of pillows available at the front desk. I enjoyed the pool and hot tub when I returned to the hotel in the evenings, and the breakfast was really good since you could order how you wanted your eggs or omalet. The room was quiet, and my entire stay was really a nice one. They have hot beverages in the lobby 24/7 (good coffee), the pool/hot tub is open 24/7. If you were here on vacation, the Shoshone Falls and Shoshone Ice Caves aren't far away (I took my son there when he was young, and he really enjoyed them). I know I saw a sign for "Rock City," so I'll have to return some time when I'm not working to check it out. If you forget anything or need to replenish your food/ice/supplies, there is a Walmart and Dollar Store just down the street from the hotel. Suggestion: Ask for a ground level room, since there isn't an elevator (I'm glad I did).

Room Tip: Ask for a ground level room, since there isn't an elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
sawtoothinn, Manager at Best Western Sawtooth Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear "A Good Night's Sleep",

Thank you for your very accurate listing of the amenities the Sawtooth Inn provides, as well as activities to do in the area! We are definitely centrally located for anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in the Magic Valley for business or leisure.

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 11, 2012

The BW Sawtooth Inn is an average, new-ish Best Western. The room was adequate, quiet and comfortable. The staff were competent. The location is convenient, just off Interstate 84.
The problem with Jerome, Idaho, is that there is no decent dining in town. Best bet: stay at the Sawtooth Inn (for the price), and back track to Twin Falls (5 miles or so) for a varied spectrum of franchise and local restaurants.

Room Tip: Second floor, away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear "No place to eat",

I agree that if your heart is set on a franchise restaurant meal your best bet is the short drive in to Twin Falls. However, we do have a variety of fast food restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and about 5 sit-down locally owned restaurants in Jerome which include: Chinese, Mexican, American Cafe, and BBQ. There is a map at the 24 hour front desk of all Jerome restaurant locations. I apologize that the customer service and amenities at the Sawtooth Inn were not at a level of your satisfaction and hope you give us an opportunity to improve upon this in the future. Happy and safe travels!

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My 92 year old mother, myself, and sister in law had planned a trip starting in Portland, OR and onto Glacier Nat'l park, Yellowstone and sites along the way. The next to last stay was to be at Jerome, ID, at the Best Western Plus Sawtooth Inn. When we arranged the trip we specified that it must be a ground floor with at least two beds and a sofa. That was so done. About half way through our 13 day trip my sister in law called all the hotels ahead to make sure our rooms were as planned. She was assured all was well and correct. The day we were to arrive we called ahead as we were going to be later (about 6:30 pm) to check in and told the room was as planned. When we arrived, hot, dusty and tired I went to the front desk and was told, right on the spot, no preliminaries, that she (clerk) hoped it was okay but it was a second floor room. I said no way, it was booked a month in advance and because they have no elevator it had to be and was booked as a first floor room. She was so sorry but said there was no indication that we had that as what we needed. I explained, to no avail, that my elderly mother is not able to climb a flight of stairs and that the desk person had made a mistake. No, the order for the room did not specify first floor only. Why, I might ask, did she say right off the top that hoped we wouldn't mind a second floor. I question that, when my sister in law had called several days before to make sure we had the first floor accomidations that had been planned through the travel agent, with us there in her office. She had made that call to all of our planned stays as we had a slight, but fixable problem at our second nights stay earlier in the trip. The desk person who had answered her call assured her we had first floor accomidations and no problems what so ever.
The upshot of this was the clerk called two motels while I waited and said no others had accomidations available. However, there was an older motel just down the street and she called and sure enough they had a room available on their first, and only floor. We went there and the room was clean enough, two beds, turned out the shower was broken and the carpet not clean, as one of us had to sleep on the floor on the air mattress we had brought along. The clerk in that motel gave us the "truckers" rate as the motel was referred by the very near by Best Western. All very fishy.y. I am positivley sure that the room that had been reserved a month before had been given away as we were late to arrive and then they only had an second floor room to offer. All this made for an uncomfortable night in the motel that we did stay in and were up and out of there first thing in the morning. It is too bad, as we were looking forward to a good night in the Best Western, but will never again book a room in any of their hotels, no matter how lovely and clean they are.
When I spoke with the travel agent who had booked everything for us she said sadly this is becoming a more common practice. All this leads me to wonder what the two phone calls we made ahead accomplished? All the other motels we stayed at on our trip were outstanding, most especially the two different Oxford Suites we had the pleasure of staying at.

Room Tip: even though you make plans ahead of time with a travel agent or online or phone, don't assume th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Judy H
sawtoothinn, Manager at Best Western Sawtooth Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

It sounds like a huge misunderstanding and I apologize for the role the Sawtooth Inn played in it. Unfortunately we do not have an elevator (which is not required in Idaho for a hotel with 2 floors) and due to this issue we like to let all guests know at check-in that that is the case and we will help with luggage if requested. We do our best in accommodating every guest request possible and am sorry that somehow your required request slipped through the cracks. The only way I feel we could remedy this situation is to provide to you with a better experience the next time you stay with us, but it sounds like you have decided not to ever stay in a Best Western hotel again. There are many amazing Best Western properties and my only request is that you do not base your decision of their level of service on your bad experience at the Sawtooth Inn. I am so glad you had a much better experience during the rest of your trip.

Asst. GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerome
Comfort Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Twin Falls Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Twin Falls
Hilton Garden Inn Twin Falls
#3 of 14 in Twin Falls

Been to Best Western Sawtooth Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!