“Beautiful nature setting with so much to do!”
other travelers have booked this property
River's Edge Cabin-The perfect location for your reunion with family, friends or a corporate retreat
River's Edge Cabin near Yellowstone National Park, Island Park Reservoir, Mesa Falls, Henry's Lake Comfortable, open living area with big views of the river!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Comfortable, open living area with big views of the river!
Cozy fireplace with new stone wall and mantle.
BYOF (Bring your own firewood)
Another view of living area.
TV has Dish satellite and we also have Wi-Fi.
Dining room is open to the living area and main deck.  Kitchen is on the other side of stairs.
Large Cabin Kitchen.  There is also a walk in pantry with sink, and second microwave.
Queen bed in main floor master with full ensuite bath. You can see the river from your bed.
Family Room, pool and air hockey, gas fireplace
Remodeled ensuite bathroom for main floor master bedroom.
1st floor updated bathroom, tub and shower
Upstairs master with king bed, ensuite half bath, and it's own private deck overlooking the river
Second floor master bedroom's private deck. Relax and enjoy your own private space.
2nd floor bedroom with 2 queen beds
2nd floor bedroom, queen bed.  The door leads to another deck that overlooks national forest
Deck with forest views.  Closest door leads to library area.  Deck receives great afternoon sun.
Boat launch is just1/2 mile from the cabin.  Popular for fishing, boating, swimming and water skiing
Lower Mesa Falls
About 30 minute drive from cabin.
Upper Mesa Falls
30 minutes away
Local resident, Molly the Moose.  Viewing her grazing from the safety of the deck.
This area is a fly fisherman's paradise.
There are many options nearby for horseback riding.
Firehole Falls in Yellowstone NP.
The west entrance to Yellowstone NP is the closest to see Old Faithful.
Yellowstone National Park
Elk bugling in Yellowstone
Book your fall stay now!
Lower Falls of the Yellowstone
Mammoth Hot Springs is not to be missed!  They're in northwest corner of Yellowstone National Park.
Sunrise from the main deck at River's Edge Cabin in Island Park, Idaho.  Reserve your stay now.
See rescued animals at the Wolf and Grizzly Discovery Center in West Yellowstone.  Open 365 days.
Wolf at the Discovery Center is West Yellowstone.  We were lucky enough to hear a pair howling!
The Old Faithful Inn is a work of art.
A beautiful September day in Yellowstone NP.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Shannon D
Riverton, Utah
“Filthy Dirty”
Reviewed January 18, 2016 for a stay in July 2015

We stayed at this cabin for our family get together, it was filthy dirty. The cabin itself was older but very nice. I loved that it was right by the river and the view was amazing. The problem was when we arrived it was filthy dirty. The floors had not been cleaned the bed were not made and some of the sheets had not been changed. The worst part was the bathrooms. All 4 of them were really dirty. The worst one was in the bedroom upstairs. It had a paper strip on it like the rest, that said it had been cleaned but from what I cleaned up there was no way it had been. There were no cleaning supplies so we had to go to the store and buy them. It took us all afternoon of our vacation to get it cleaned so we could stay. We also had a visit from a mouse so while buying cleaning supplies we bought a mouse trap.

We contacted the owner and sent her pictures. She said she was sorry and would refund our cleaning fee which she didn't.

On a brighter note. Once the cabin was cleaned we enjoyed our stay. We love Island Park. It is so beautiful and so much to do there. I would consider going back to this cabin if I had a guarantee that it would be clean.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the river
Liked least: How dirty it was
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jan 29, 2016
I wish to respond to this very disturbing rating. As owners, we do everything possible so that our guests enjoy a wonderful vacation in our cabin. Nothing is perfect 100% of the time unfortunately but I am just a phone call away if problems arise. Our guests’ comfort is of utmost importance to us.

When guest arrive it is important to tell us immediately of any issues relating to the cabin so that we can take care of them. If we are not told upon guests’ arrival, we have no way of knowing if the problem existed before the new guest arrived or some time after they arrived.

We want our guests to have a wonderful stress-free vacation/reunion and we work hard to make that happen. If we are not given the chance to make our guests happy, or the guest refuses our offer to make things right it is very hard to have a happy guest.

I looked through my email string for this stay and found I was not notified the day of the guests’ arrival and thus I was not given the opportunity to send someone back to re-clean the cabin. I am usually very diligent in letting guests know they must contact me immediately upon arrival if anything is amiss. In fact, when guests call for the code to the door the day of their arrival I remind them to call me if anything is broken or the cabin is not cleaned to their satisfaction as soon as they arrive and I will take care of it.

In this case, I got a call a day or two later with photos that were date stamped/taken on the 21st, two days after the arrival date. While the gentleman was perfectly nice on the phone when he told me there was a problem with the cleaning, he did not want me to send housekeeping back to the cabin, saying they had cleaned it the day before. I did offer to return the cleaning deposit but he said it was not necessary. I told him that if he changed his mind he should let me know. I am not privy to guests’ addresses unless they send it to me with a request.

Regarding mice, please remember that you are in the mountains. There are critters everywhere and they can get inside cabins. Sometimes they get in through very small openings and we are not aware until someone sees them or signs of them, and other times renters leave doors open and animals come inside. When we were told about the mouse, I called an exterminator immediately. A professional came out to remedy the problem.

I have the string of emails to corroborate this response. I am very sorry that you were so dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the cabin. I want you to know that we looked for and hired a new professional housekeeping team and have not had any complaints since. While I am very sad about this rating, I am glad that we were notified about the housekeeper and the rodent so that we could make changes. Again, our guests are our hightest priority and we deeply regret that you had any issues with the cabin, but happy that your stay with us, according the last email I received from your group, ended up being a lot of fun with a lot of wonderful memories.
Gene J
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Beautiful nature setting with so much to do!”
Reviewed September 4, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Wonderful cabin on the Buffalo river. Great proximity to everything. Owners are so very nice and have gone out of their way to make sure we know that there's plenty to do. We stayed five days and every night when my head hit the pillow I was out. We went fishing in the Buffalo River, jet skiing on the reservoir, ATVing on the paths through the park and spent one whole day touring Yellowstone. Had a great time and can't wait to return next year.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace &Tranquility when we wanted but also so much to do when we wanted to.
Liked least: Our trip being over.
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Nov 6, 2015
We really appreciate your review and are so happy that you had a great time. We hope you will return soon.
Celia J
Kaysville, Utah
“Good times in the great outdoors!”
Reviewed August 24, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

This was a great place for the grandkids to enjoy the outdoors. We played in the water, went fishing, canoeing, hiking, 4 wheeling, and horseback-riding. We enjoyed roasting hot dogs and marshmallows in the fire pit. The pool table was a hit. We saw some beautiful waterfalls and lovely scenic views. We would give 5 stars but the house itself could use a little TLC. Naturally it's going to be rustic, because it's a cabin. But there are a few things that the caretakers could take more notice of: i.e. wash out garbage cans between renters; replace burned out lights, repair items such as the guestroom/bathroom plug for the sink (downstairs) that doesn't work; occasionally do a thorough cleaning(wipe down the chairs) and take inventory of what's needed. The kitchen could use a pizza pan and pizza cutter. And you might want to toss out the mangled board games. :-)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The outdoor surroundings/decks/fresh air
Liked least: Haphazard cupboards/drawers
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Families with young children
May 19, 2016
Hi Celia,
We are brand new owners of the River's Edge Cabin as of May 2016.
We have been reading the reviews, and taking note of suggestions by previous guests. Please know that we will be working on correcting items that need attention. We hope you will consider staying with us.

Best regards,
Tom and Amy Urban
Q2232YJan...
Salem, Oregon
“Great, so much fun!”
Reviewed August 19, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

A thank you to Christine, the cabin was just as advertised. My entire family was together able to enjoy each other and the area. The day in Yellowstone Park, taking the lower loop, Old Faithful went off within 15 minutes. Along the route, the Bison were in rutting season, and everywhere. They even block the road crossing the road, and just standing there, as if to say you, cars, are in my area now.
The reservoir was 1/2 mile down the road, enjoyed daily, by the family and 4 children. A nephew brought his boat making the fun ever better.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cabin provided just what my family was all we hoped.
Liked least: nothing
Older travelers Families with young children
Aug 27, 2015
I just wanted to thank you for the review on trip advisor. I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful vacation and we hope to see you up here again real soon.
Christine
Julie H
“Tons of Fun, Great Memories”
Reviewed January 19, 2015 for a stay in September 2014

There were 15 people in our group and everyone had a blast. The cabin was everything we hoped for.
We vacationed at Hebgen Lake when we were growing up but Island Park is hands down more fun. It was almost the end of the season (mid September) when we went this time so there were not as many animals in the park, but it wasn't as crowded.
We did see a moose on the river one morning which was really exciting.The kids spent a lot of time on the river, and riding ATVs. We could walk to a C-Store and nice sports bar/restaurant for a burger or pizza. The setting was awesome. The book the owner put together offered some great ideas on places to see and things to do in the area that we had never done before. I highly recommend this cabin for anyone who wants to vacation in the mountains or visit Yellowstone.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We liked the fact that everyone had such a good time together.
Liked least: Had to leave the dog home as pets are not allowed
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Dee C
Escondido, California
“Great Cabin, Awesome Views with So Much to Do”
Reviewed November 14, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Not only are you near Yellowstone which was fantastic, when you stay here there are tons of things to see and do around the cabin. I'm a fisherman and there is some of the best fishing right in this area. The kids loved the river and proximity to the lake. My parents have a hard time walking and were able to stay in the first floor master suite so that was an added bonus. Some of the bedrooms were small but we all had a private room. No one had to sleep in a loft with everyone else. It was cold a few days since we were there in June but no one seemed to mind. The kids were never bored since it is right on the river, and played air hockey and pool when they weren't outside. The cabin has a flat screen tv and internet access but we hardly used them. Went to Yellowstone twice and some other fun places the owners suggested. Best family vacation ever...no doubt.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being together in such a nice large cabin on a river
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
IdahoIdah...
Idaho Falls
“Family Reunion on the Buffalo River in Island Park”
Reviewed September 18, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

The location of this rental property couldn't have been better for relaxing on the deck, viewing wildlife, canoeing, fishing, hiking, biking, relaxing and enjoying our family.
The bedrooms were a bit spartan, but adequate. Some of the beds need to be replaced, but the living space was perfect for our group of 13 and was large enough for at least another six.
While this property has been added onto at least a couple of times, it had all the comforts we needed for our 91 year old mother and a fabulous shaded deck where we ate most of our meals overlooking the Buffalo River.
We highly recommend this property.

Liked best: Location overlooking the Buffalo River
Liked least: Mattresses need replacing, the bathrooms deep cleaned, and it was a pain to haul our garbage to the landfill
Friends getaway Families with young children
Nov 6, 2015
We always listen to recommendations from our guests and appreciate your input. We want everyone who stays at our cabin to experience a wonderful vacation or reunion and to that end we are updating the beds that need to be replaced for the upcoming season. We are happy that everything else was great and that you had a fantastic time here. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing