“Great experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
West Yellowstone
“Great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Food better than expected and show was very funny. The show with dinner is better than what is available in West Yellowstone but didn't stay at the inn.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kuala1313

“Play was great but the food was AWFUL!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We took a large family group to the dinner and show as part of a family reunion...For dinner and the show, it was about $30 bucks a ticket, which is a bit pricey for families, but we wanted to do something special. Several people in our group had been there before, and said the food and show had both been excellent, so we weren't concerned about spending the money for a nice evening out. We were terribly disappointed! The food was absolutely AWFUL! Our dinner choices were prime Rib or chicken...and they both were practically inedible. Just about the only thing good on our plate was the baked potato. As dinner wrapped up, it made me sick to see all the half eaten dinners being removed from our table (and who doesn't finish their Prime Rib?? It truly was THAT awful!). I felt terrible, as there were several families there who had splurged in taking the entire family out, and had invested well over $100 in tickets, and didn't even get a meal they could finish!

The play, however, was very good. It was well written, witty, and performed by a talented cast. I still feel the quality of talent and production value are a few steps below the Playmill, in West Yellowstone, about 30 minutes up the road, but Macks Inn Dinner Theater is a newer theater, and over the years they have been able to attract better talent and produce a better show than when they first started. If I were reviewing just the show, I would give a better rating, but the dismal dinner that we paid so much for makes me look upon the whole experience poorly.

My recommendation: Skip the dinner (they are so inconsistent in the kitchen, that you may have the best meal ever, or something not worth eating, and I say it's not worth the $$ to take that risk), and just catch the play, which really was great. or better yet, catch the Playmill up the road, which I have been to many, many times, and NEVER disappoints!

• Visited July 2014
Modesto, California
“Fun and Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We have been going to Mack's Inn Theater for several years. We attended the other night to see Lucky Stiff. The food was tasty, but I hope next year they will bring back the ice-cream for dessert. The play was quirky, but fun to watch. Christian Busath is back in the area and is performing as the eye doctor. He's a funny guy. He has many funny videos on YouTube. If you want something different to do, go to one of the shows. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014