All reviewsthe riverfishyellowstone parkwest entrancehoneymoon suitea bit overpricedtwo queen bedsfirst floorlog cabinminute drivelodgeidahopillowscookfireplacemt
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

We were on a boys motorcycle trip and ended up in West Yellowstone. I called out to Anglers for rates based on a previous trip in 2017. The gentleman quoted us for Anglers and their sister property. We decided to head 30 minutes West for a chance to ride into Idaho and eat at Trout Hunter. We got to the desk and a different attendant was at the desk. She quoted us $30 higher for each room. The gentleman and hotels.com were similar in price. I told her what we were quoted and she wouldn’t listen. She didn’t even try to find the gentleman that answered earlier. She treated us like crap, and at times ignored us so she could give a friend a free pop from their $2 fridge.

I talked to the general manager about it when he was in, and his response was “what are you looking for $30 bucks?” No I could care less about the $30... It’s the attitude and lack of quality customer service that I like to know about as a supervisor.

If you are between rooms at anglers and River Bend I’d stay at River Bend it’s nicer. The only drawback is it’s across the highway from the river. The bonus is it’s close to Trout Hunter which has better food than Anglers Lodge.

Stayed: July 2018
2  Thank Travis S
Jenifer B, Guest Relations Manager at Angler's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I am sorry to hear of your poor experience with our staff and manager. I'm sure he didn't mean to come across that way as he is actually a really great guy. If he came across rude in anyway I do extend my apology. I'd like to know who the front desk attendant was at the time of your check in. If you'd like to email me Jenifer at jb.anglerslodge@gmail.com with even a description of her then I can deal with that issue personally.
We appreciate all reviews whether negative or positive. We prefer positive ones, but the negative ones are priceless as they help us as managers to fix the things we may not have seen. We are however happy that enjoyed River Bend Lodge, as that is ours as well.

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Angler’s lodge was quite an unexpected surprise. There’s not a lot to choose from in Island Park, but we made the right choice. Braxton at the front desk was fantastic and helpful. The food at their restaurant was fantastic and the property was tastefully redone.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicholas G
Reviewed July 16, 2018

As someone who works as a travel consultant and travels 100+ days a year I would suggest you all KEEP ON DRIVING! Don't stay here. It was $182.00 per night and wasn't safe. (Keep in mind I just stayed at the Springhill Marriott in in Jackson Hole the week prior for $199 per night). This isn't the Marriott and they should stop price-gouging tourists!

There was NO air conditioning, NO heater, NO SMOKE ALARM (against code), NO fire door (also against code) the door was a hollow core door similar to what you would have on a closet. The lock wasn't secure, and NO chain to even give you a false sense of security. COLD shower. There were missing light bulbs in the bathroom. The attention to detail was poor at best with lights being installed upside down, exterior lights inside, terrible tile job, dirty window blinds, three remotes for the t.v. and bad reception. WiFi didn't work great either. Highway noise and the view was a view of the wall and if I went outside my room, then I could see across the street and then the river. The bed was mediocre at best. The rug was cute but a trip hazard and the towels were soft but that's all it had going for it.

I asked the gal at the front desk to have the manager call me but he didn't. He instead told the gal that he would give me an upgrade for $30 more. This doesn't seem to make sense to me considering I was already frustrated and the hotel isn't up to code.

The manager should have given me a free night and apologized profusely. But he chose not to. I asked for the manager, Brandon Wheeler, to call me and he didn't until after I was already checked out and I missed his call. I called him back but he doesn't seem to ever be available to take calls.

I have contacted the Fire Marshall and left a message about the lack of code items. After checking around town, it seems that this building was to be condemned but they managed to somehow "fix" it. Hopefully, my call saves someones life.

I wouldn't recommend this to hotel to anyone. They simply don't seem to care about your safety or making things right. There are several camping cabins in the area that would have been a better and safer place to stay. Just KEEP ON DRIVING and don't be fooled by the pretty flowers out front!

Room Tip: Drive on past.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole T

First of all I'd like to say that we are so very sorry that your stay in Island Park was a fail on the part of the hotel especially. However I'd like to ask you to please retract this review and post it to the proper hotel. This is NOT the Angler's Lodge you have pictured here. The pictures you have posted are of the RIVER LODGE also in Island Park Idaho, but across the highway about 1 mile away.
While both locations are owned by the same owners they are separate businesses.
The river lodge is a new remodel and still a work in progress, where as the angler's lodge is a 20 year old business and running like clockwork. They are not the same location.
We appreciate all feedback whether it is negative or positive. Every employee will see this review, we will make sure of it. The owners have seen it, all managers have seen it, and we are working to resolve ALL the issues at the RIVER LODGE....across the street.
However for the sake of accuracy I am asking you to place this review on the right page.
I also apologize that you where unable to speak to the general manager at the time of your stay.
If you have any further suggestions,or complaints I'd love to handle them with you personally. You have my full attention. jb.anglersloge@gmail.com My name is Jenifer and I am happy to discuss this with you ASAP.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

We loved the view. We had the end room so I'd say a much better view than the middle units. The beds and pillows were not the best but all 4 of us slept ok and didn't wake up in pain. The front desk staff didn't seem very forwardly interactive for this smaller venue, which I'd expect a bit more of. It definitely was overpriced for the room, staff and amenities, but being so convenient to Yellowstone West entrance is how they charge so much. Their restaurant has a great menu and we ate here two nights and enjoyed both meals, but pricey, however was vacation so we expect paying a bit more when traveling. WiFi doesn't work hardly at all in rooms, you have to sit in lobby to get decent signal, and don't bother getting their complimentary breakfast unless you just want a waffle. We saw two waffle irons and a bowl of shelled eggs that I have no idea what that was for, and you had to hunt someone down to ask, so we found somewhere else nearby to eat.

Room Tip: End room has better view. Loud creaky floors so upstairs would be less noise.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all your feedback.
Wifi is the thorn in my side up here, but it's the mountains and wifi is spotty at every single location up here. It's natures fault...lol.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Stayed here on a bicycle tour. Friendly staff and an OK restaurant in the building. Roomy rooms and acceptable furnishings but very noisy. Shower water from adjacent rooms was a roar and every footstep could be heard. Good WiFi. Breakfast OK but there was no milk for cereals, etc. Very pricey but the entire area is a seasonal one so don't expect a good value this close to Yellowstone Park or such good fishing.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.