All reviews the river fish henry's fork west yellowstone honeymoon suite a bit overpriced deer heads two queen beds nice balcony first floor log cabin minute drive dave lodge pillows park moose
Reviewed July 16, 2018

As someone who works as a travel consultant and travels 100+ days a year I would suggest you all KEEP ON DRIVING! Don't stay here. It was $182.00 per night and wasn't safe. (Keep in mind I just stayed at the Springhill Marriott in in Jackson Hole the week prior for $199 per night). This isn't the Marriott and they should stop price-gouging tourists!

There was NO air conditioning, NO heater, NO SMOKE ALARM (against code), NO fire door (also against code) the door was a hollow core door similar to what you would have on a closet. The lock wasn't secure, and NO chain to even give you a false sense of security. COLD shower. There were missing light bulbs in the bathroom. The attention to detail was poor at best with lights being installed upside down, exterior lights inside, terrible tile job, dirty window blinds, three remotes for the t.v. and bad reception. WiFi didn't work great either. Highway noise and the view was a view of the wall and if I went outside my room, then I could see across the street and then the river. The bed was mediocre at best. The rug was cute but a trip hazard and the towels were soft but that's all it had going for it.

I asked the gal at the front desk to have the manager call me but he didn't. He instead told the gal that he would give me an upgrade for $30 more. This doesn't seem to make sense to me considering I was already frustrated and the hotel isn't up to code.

The manager should have given me a free night and apologized profusely. But he chose not to. I asked for the manager, Brandon Wheeler, to call me and he didn't until after I was already checked out and I missed his call. I called him back but he doesn't seem to ever be available to take calls.

I have contacted the Fire Marshall and left a message about the lack of code items. After checking around town, it seems that this building was to be condemned but they managed to somehow "fix" it. Hopefully, my call saves someones life.

I wouldn't recommend this to hotel to anyone. They simply don't seem to care about your safety or making things right. There are several camping cabins in the area that would have been a better and safer place to stay. Just KEEP ON DRIVING and don't be fooled by the pretty flowers out front!

Room Tip: Drive on past.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Nicole T
Jenifer B, Guest Relations Manager at Angler's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

First of all I'd like to say that we are so very sorry that your stay in Island Park was a fail on the part of the hotel especially. However I'd like to ask you to please retract this review and post it to the proper hotel. This is NOT the Angler's Lodge you have pictured here. The pictures you have posted are of the RIVER LODGE also in Island Park Idaho, but across the highway about 1 mile away.
While both locations are owned by the same owners they are separate businesses.
The river lodge is a new remodel and still a work in progress, where as the angler's lodge is a 20 year old business and running like clockwork. They are not the same location.
We appreciate all feedback whether it is negative or positive. Every employee will see this review, we will make sure of it. The owners have seen it, all managers have seen it, and we are working to resolve ALL the issues at the RIVER LODGE....across the street.
However for the sake of accuracy I am asking you to place this review on the right page.
I also apologize that you where unable to speak to the general manager at the time of your stay.
If you have any further suggestions,or complaints I'd love to handle them with you personally. You have my full attention. jb.anglersloge@gmail.com My name is Jenifer and I am happy to discuss this with you ASAP.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

We loved the view. We had the end room so I'd say a much better view than the middle units. The beds and pillows were not the best but all 4 of us slept ok and didn't wake up in pain. The front desk staff didn't seem very forwardly interactive for this smaller venue, which I'd expect a bit more of. It definitely was overpriced for the room, staff and amenities, but being so convenient to Yellowstone West entrance is how they charge so much. Their restaurant has a great menu and we ate here two nights and enjoyed both meals, but pricey, however was vacation so we expect paying a bit more when traveling. WiFi doesn't work hardly at all in rooms, you have to sit in lobby to get decent signal, and don't bother getting their complimentary breakfast unless you just want a waffle. We saw two waffle irons and a bowl of shelled eggs that I have no idea what that was for, and you had to hunt someone down to ask, so we found somewhere else nearby to eat.

Room Tip: End room has better view. Loud creaky floors so upstairs would be less noise.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all your feedback.
Wifi is the thorn in my side up here, but it's the mountains and wifi is spotty at every single location up here. It's natures fault...lol.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Stayed here on a bicycle tour. Friendly staff and an OK restaurant in the building. Roomy rooms and acceptable furnishings but very noisy. Shower water from adjacent rooms was a roar and every footstep could be heard. Good WiFi. Breakfast OK but there was no milk for cereals, etc. Very pricey but the entire area is a seasonal one so don't expect a good value this close to Yellowstone Park or such good fishing.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at Angler’s Lodge over the past 10 years or so on our way to utah from Montana several times a year as it sits right at half way between Billings and Provo and it sits on Henrys Fork river. We stayed twice this week. We have seen many changes at this property over the years and our opinion today is that it probably needs new owners.
The property is ok but needs updating and after owning a small motel for several years myself It’s easy to see that the owners here have unfortunately lost interest these days.
We met the owners several times and they are the nicest people but seem to have lost interest in running the hotel as it probably should be run.
This is not a negative review as I believe the property is quite booked in the summer months and has many great reviews as you’ll see, it also has had difficulties keeping staff probably because of its slightly isolated position.
I know the restaurant has been opened and closed many times again due to keeping staff.
The owner does live right close to the property so it’s not like there’s no one there but at least in the winter months your on your own.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Montanaaussie
Reviewed September 27, 2017

Prepaid three nights, but left after two!

I just wish we'd read the reviews first - don’t know where to start with the many wrong things about our stay here. Some people might call the Angler’s Rest quirky; I say the management just couldn’t care less. So many little things that individually a real hotelier might tolerate, but finally all accumulating into an avalanche of overpriced amateurism! We moved rooms after our first night, but the second night was barely any better.

Why was the bed mattress more than three feet six inches off the floor, so high you’re actually afraid of falling out of bed?! Why were the sink plugs incapable of allowing water to escape? (They were broken, but no-one had ever bothered to check them). Why is all the plumbing so old and noisy it can be heard in adjacent rooms? Why was it almost impossible to regulate the shower water-flow & temperature? Why could we hear the guests in the next-door room frolicking in their hot tub, after 10pm at night? Why is the insulation so bad you can hear other guests speaking and walking around their rooms, opening and closing drawers & closets? Why was the security door-chain broken on each bedroom? Why even bother having one (not two individual) poor bedside lights, that it’s impossible to even read a book by? Why did we – and other guests - need Alan Turing (Google him) just to work the TV remote control? Why was ice for the guest rooms just heaped into an outside bin, rather than from a proper dispenser?
Also we were warned it was only continental breakfast - but without any croissant or bread rolls??? Fair enough, but the food was extremely sparse, we had to ask for cutlery and the butter was solid frozen lumps that even a knife wouldn’t initially penetrate. Then there was no jelly, peanut butter or marmalade. We told there was none available - because they were still awaiting a truck delivery!!! Really?? On Idaho Highway 20, not even in winter, but during September! That was "The End", even though we knew we’d be losing our money, we checked out after two nights, even though we’d already paid for three.

Believe it or not, checking out a day early made my partner and I feel really happy, it was such a relief to leave! I suggest the owner actually spends some nights in the rooms, observing all that gone wrong over the years. People don’t pay money to hotels, and then tolerate less comfort than in their own homes.

On the upside, the view of the river was spectacular – but the Almighty was responsible for that, nothing to do with the Angler’s Lodge!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
25  Thank ScottishBoxcarRiders

We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was unpleasant. Although it's been almost a year since your stay i'd like to let you know, and anyone reading this review that we take all reviews seriously and work hard to fix any issues our guests find. So here it is a year later and I'd like to take a moment to tell you what we've done.
First of all the crazy high bed....we tossed that in the burn pile. It was the only bed in the entire hotel that tall. We bought it because of the the beautiful hand carved bear bed posts, but rest assured no one will ever have to climb up it again.
Sink plugs have been replaced.
The plumbing is not something we've ever had a complaint about, but have looked into.
We have worked on the water flow and temps of water and have had no further complaints.
Security door chain's in all rooms have been checked and replaced if needed.
lights are in working order, many new and brighter.
The TV was an ongoing issue last year but has been fixed with new receivers and remotes.
Ice machine has and always has been up to code, that is a matter of preference, but we are okay on that one.
Continental breakfast at the time was due to a chef leaving. It was temporary, and much better now.
I think you'll find that all complaints you've listed have been taken seriously and corrected. There is always room for improvement and we strive to be the best we can be.
I would like to give you and other guests staying anywhere a bit of advice. When you have a bad hotel experience ask to talk to a manager at the time of your stay. Insist on it. I can't speak for every hotel and every manager, but at the Anglers Lodge our managers are dedicated to helping our guests have a fantastic experience. We appreciate the opportunity to correct any problems at the time the problem arises. We want your stay with us to be positive, but we cannot do our very best job unless we are alerted to issues as the occur. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your feedback.