“A great find”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Island Park
Brooksville, Florida
“A great find”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

After spending the day at Yellowstone we found all the hotels in West Yellowstone were booked, turned out to be our lucky day. Driving down the road we stumbled upon the Angler's Lodge. A friendly desk clerk and beautiful lobby were enough to convince us to give it a try. Ther room was wonderful, complete with a Jacuzzi tub and 4 poster country bed. The bartender was friendly and we had a long chat with the owner. The most amazing part of the hotel was the view of the river from just about everywhere in the hotel. It was very relaxing to sit on the balcony and watch the fly fishermen wade the river. We would definitely stay here again!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 22, if it's available, grab it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I am only reviewing the restaurant.. I was looking for a good meal after a week of eating camp food and fishing The Henry's Fork. There are few restaurants in the area so I gave The Angler a shot this early August evening. When I walked in the restaurant/hotel lobby no one was there to greet or seat me so I helped myself to a seat at their counter style bar. After sitting there for a few minutes observing a child sitting on the floor swatting and playing with flies a "waitress" approached me and asked "Whaddya have" I asked to see a menu, which she obliged by handing me a food stained menu..then she vanished. A couple of fisherman came in and sat down a few feet away from me. The waitress returned and began flirting with the men. Finally she returned to me and allowed me to order a beer, their soup du jour (sweet potato soup) and the Chicken Marsala., all the while she was leaning over and and attempting to grasp my hand. The little fly swatting child at this time got off the floor and walked into the kitchen with fly swatter in tow and returned carrying out three glasses of water over to a table that had just sat down in this eerily quiet restaurant.There was no way he had time to wash his hands prior to to touching their water glasses. The presumed owner/mother of the child then approached the him and sent him on some errand. A few minutes went by and I received my soup which tasted like a mashed sweet potato (actually a yam..yes they are two similar but different vegetables) with nothing else but water added..very bland. after about two spoonfulls I received my main course. The button mushrooms in the Chicken Marsala were black in color (obviously old) and the old freezer burned and undercoooked chicken was rubbery and flavorless and it seemed as if thet just splashed the dish at the end with a shot of cheap marsala. I consumed less than a quarter of my entire meal..no one checked to see if I was enjoying my dinner they just left a bill for me upon delivery of my so-called food. I wanted to put the bill on my credit card but I could not find my server..although I could hear her screaming in the kitchen with their "Chef" I paid in cash still tipping 18 percent.(only because I have worked in this industry as well) and went to use their shoe-box sized restroom on my departure. The restrooom door knob almost came off, the toilet would not flush properly,and their were no paper towels not to mention the strong urine smell . Some of these things could be overlooked but not on a slow evening when it was only 7:30 pm. when I left the building my server was now outside crying and using expletives with the presumed owner/manager (fly-swatter's mother) near the entrance to the building. I was checking the place out for a possible future outing for a large group of my friends who are all fisherman and enjoy good, creative, moderately priced cuisine. There is another bar/flyshop/restaurant just a few hundred yards away that will provide us with a better option this August/September.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank JohnL676767
Clinton Township, Michigan, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2011

No warm greeting. Room was ok, dining service was terrible. We actually had to go into the kitchen every time we wanted to order or needed anything. What was poured out of a Kahlua bottle was an off-brand. Wasn't terrible but not worth the money. We picked it because we thought we'd be dividing time more between Yellowstone and Rigby, but we wish we would have stayed closer to Yellowstone.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite was not romantic.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KRW48038
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I liked the rooms and the hotel. It was cool and what I expect for a visit to Yellowstone and the surrounding area.

Service is blah, front deak wouldn't help me print something off of their computer. Overcharged me for bug spray after freaking out my wife on the potential of massive bug swarms. Which we didn't have happen.

But a fun, rustic cabin like experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Stan H
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Beds are uncomfortable and need replaced. Lodge lobby is nice and there are pool tables available to use at no charge, but rooms are older and have more wear than the pictures show. Water pressure is low. Definitely overpriced. Location on river is beautiful though.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 461KKS
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed June 19, 2011

My husband, two children and I planned a snowmobiling trip to West Yellowstone around thanksgiving.. After a late departure and a long day of driving through bad weather and slick roads, we were exhausted by the time we arrived at Island Park! Rather than continuing on our journey, we decided to stop for the night and continue to West the next morning. Angler's Lodge was the only one who even answered our phone call!! We were pleased with the courtesy we received and the service was outstanding! Deanna helped us book some sleds for our trip and showed us where the best trails were, and we had a blast! She even went out of her way to make sure we had the proper equipment (bibs, helmets, gloves, etc.) There are so many hidden gems to visit in the Island Park area, and in our opinion the Angler's Lodge is definitely one of them!! The waterfront view is absolutely breathtaking! The wildlife is unique - definitely something you don't see everyday if you're from the city! We loved the moose and the swans, and the kids were fascinated to see the neighborhood bald eagle swoop down and catch a fish right before our eyes! We were also pleased with the size and cleanliness of the room! Normally when we go on trips the rooms are never big enough to accommodate our kids and they always feel cooped up, but the room we were booked had plenty of space for them to play with a few toys and actually enjoy themselves. :) The kids also commented on how comfortable the beds were.. I have a feeling they are going to ask for goose down comforters for Christmas! We all had such a great time that none of us wanted to leave! We were so pleased with the Angler's Lodge that we canceled our booking in West Yellowstone and stayed put.. What started out to be a one night pit stop in Island Park turned into our entire trip! I highly recommend this lodge to anyone thinking of vacationing in the area! Best trip we've taken in years, and we will definitely be back again!!! A++++++

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel,
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We just stayed at Angler's Lodge for the first time this weekend. We were participants of the American Dog Derby (dog sled races) in Ashton and believe me, the 20 mile drive to the lodge was so worth it! Deanna was wonderful and the scenery was just beautiful. We actually saw two moose in the river behind the lodge the first morning! The restaurant was wonderful (we ate there two nights). We can't wait to return next year!! Very highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
#10 of 39 in West Yellowstone
Moose Creek Inn
Moose Creek Inn
#14 of 39 in West Yellowstone

Been to Angler's Lodge? Share your experiences!