“Way Better Than I Expected”

Mack's Inn Playhouse
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Island Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Mack's Inn Playhouse is a summer stock dinner theatre located in Island Park, Idaho. In 2008, Andrew & Julie Durrant, began a lease on the building and changed the name from Mack's Inn Dinner Theater. The couple launched the theater into a new, fresh direction. The Playhouse offers family friendly musical spoofs. All food is cooked on site and meals offered include Prime Rib or Chicken. Past shows include: "Less Miserable;A Whole Lot LESS Miserable", "Butch Cassidy and the SUN Burnt Kid", "Phantom of the Grand Ole Opry", and "HOME School Musical". In 2012, the Durrant's packed up and moved to St. George Utah and started a year round dinner theatre called "Rattlin' D Playhouse". In May 2013, Lisa and Jeff Carter from West Yellowstone relocated the Pinecone Playhouse to occupy the space. Pinecone Playhouse at Mack's Inn continues to offer the very best in family friendly entertainment. Join us for live music and lots of laughs!
Farmington, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Way Better Than I Expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

At the encouragement of a friend, I bought tickets to one of the 2 shows that play at the Mack's Inn Playhouse, a spoof about Glee Clubs. You have the choice of buying a prime rib or chicken dinner along with your ticket, or just a ticket to the show. I bought the show only. It looked to me that most bought dinner which looked and smelled great. Anyway, the evening began with singing some patriotic songs and I was thinking I was in for a very long and boring night. But after a few songs the show began with a very funny comedy routine then the show itself. I loved the evening and so did my kids who were 10,12, and 17 years old. We laughed and filled up on homemade cinnamon rolls which were amazing and very fairly priced at $2 each. I will definitely be visiting the theater next year.

Orem, Utah
“A delightful night at the theater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Mack's inn play house is pure fun. I saw both shows and both show were so funny. There is something for everyone. And behind all of the creative silly songs is a group of really talented actors, which made it all the better. I also had the dinner and it was great, but the best part are the giant cinnamon rolls.

Idaho Falls, Idaho
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Hilariously good fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We attended Home School Musical and about died laughing! The owner wrote this play and it was just incredible. I haven't laughed so hard in years! We took 4 adults and 6 kids ages 3-16 and we all enjoyed ourselves. The meal was great, with incredibly large portions, no worries about going hungry here. The staff were all so friendly and nice in helping serve and clean up the meal. I can't wait to see their other show. I would highly recommend it!
J Josephson

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great family fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We love this place! This was our second year going and we are planning on going next time we are up there! Good clean fun for the whole family! Dinner is excellent! Best prime rib! The size of your plate! This is a must do when in the island park area! Whole staff will go out of their way to make sure you are happy!

1 Thank Katie O