I stayed here July 4th 2011 week on an exchange. Good solid exchange. Good place to
base to see Yellowstone, and Tetons. I read with interest the reviews trashing this resort. It is dated but impeccable maintained, clean, and staff very friendly. I stayed in
unit 141. Modern kitchen and bath. Golf course on site is not a Nickolas/Palmer class but there is so much to see and enjoy in the area that should not be a concern. No WIFI in the rooms...so if you positively absolutely have to have a WIFI fix- walk down to the clubhouse. Don't expect a Latte. Be advised no matter where you go it is 2 hours. Only 22 miles to W. Yellowstone and the Park. Go to Boondocks restaurant, Buffalo Bills in
W Yellowstone, Mesa Falls and Sawtelle mountain (right across the street) you can see
3 states from the top of the mountain. Drive to Jackson and enjoy the Tetons.
This resort if a Silver Crown resort, and I recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Park Village Resort is an amazing paradise! Just 20 minutes from Yellowstone it is a gateway to incredible activities. The 9-hole golf course is breathtaking with both mountain and meadow views. Awesome driving range that looks out over the meadow and onto the mountains where antelope literally play! The Island Park area is a Mecca for fishing, boating, hiking and animal watching with every type of fresh water trout fishing. You can see moose, elk, deer, bear, antelope, etc. Plus with just a short 20 minute drive you can enjoy Yellowstone National Park during the day and return to the comfort of the resort in the evening. In the winter there are over 500 miles of groomed snowmobile trails making it a snowmobiler's paradise. There are miles of trails in the winter too for cross-country skiing and snow-shoeing. Snowmobile, ski, or snowshoe in and out of your front door here at your all season playground and gateway to Yellowstone. All rooms come fully furnished with full kitchens, fireplace, cable TV and DVD players. 1 And 2 bedroom condos available. *Units are 2 story, cannot guarantee a downstairs unit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelPower and getaroom.com so you can book your Timbers Condominiums at Island Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Park Village Hotel Island Park
- Timbers Condominiums At Island Park Idaho