“Fly Fishing adventure”

Henry's Fork Anglers
Ranked #7 of 14 things to do in Island Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Henry's Fork Anglers is located on the banks of the world famous Henry's Fork of the Snake River. Henry's Fork Anglers is a full service fly shop offering the angler a full complement of flies, fly fishing tackle, and clothing. Known the world over for its prolific hatches, challenging trout and spectacular scenery, the Henry's Fork fishery has no equal and with over 30 years of angling experience, Henry’s Fork Anglers has established themselves as the premier fly shop!Henry's Fork Anglers also provides guided fishing trips on the Henry's Fork, South Fork of the Snake River, Madison River, Yellowstone National Park, and on numerous area lakes.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The staff at the shop were knowlegable and friendly. Help me with questions and purchase of some gear.

1  Thank Shane W

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Highly recommended guides for a surprisingly technical fishing spot. Local knowledge is critical to success on these waters. As such, plan your trip and timing carefully - and, most importantly, choose guides and outfitters who are keenly interested in your success (rather than your price-point or comfort).

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I fished with the Henry’s Fork Anglers this August for two days, and I can’t say enough how happy I was with this outfitter. From the persons who answered the phone /email, to the store manager, to the fishing guide, everyone was very courtesy and friendly.

My guide Alex is so very knowledgeable about the area fishing. When we first met on the first day of fishing, he explained to me the fishing conditions of the nearby waters, and we decided together that we would fish half day at a private lake, half day at the Box Canyon, and one day inside the Yellowstone National Park. And I was not disappointed at all. The private lake gave me the opportunity to catch some trophy-sized rainbows, whereas the Box Canyon gave me a taste of the legendary Henry’s Fork fishing. I was especially impressed that Alex walked the boat down the canyon ‘slowly’, in order for me to cover as much water as possible. One the 2nd day, we drove into the Yellowstone Park and hiked into the Lamar River Valley. Alex led me to a few good holes full of Yellowstone cutthroat. He must have changed files at least 50 times that day, in order to find the right one that the fish would hit. Again, I was very impressed by his professionalism. I had also learnt a lot from him as he patiently taught me different techniques on the water. Not to mentioned, I caught a bunch of beautiful fish on both days.

The store at the outfitter also stocks with a lot of area souvenir and fine fly fishing equipment.

Overall, I highly recommend the Henry’s Fork Anglers and Alex. I look forward to fishing with them again since I didn’t get to fish the ranch this time.

4  Thank katieling