“Horrible”

Lakeside Lodge & Resort
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Island Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: With a full commercial kitchen, led by our experienced Chefs, we offer fine dining as well as the best burgers and bar menu in town. After eating, join us in the Lakeside Bar, where all your flavors of beer, wine and spirits are offered in a rustic friendly atmosphere. Listen to one of our many live music performances and cut it up on the dance floor. Or sit by the fire on our peninsula and take in the views of Jefferson and Sawtell peaks, both higher than 10,000 feet above sea level, as the sun sets behind them. Finally, retire to one of our 6 cabins tucked privately away in the pines, or in one of the eight economical hotel rooms next to the main lodge. Our Luxury Cabin can accommodate large groups in a very beautiful and private setting on the lake front. We offer numerous room variations, from king size beds and Jacuzzis perfect for a couples getaway, to rooms with multiple full size, queen sized beds and lofts for the family. All rooms are equipped with a fireplace, satellite TV, and wireless internet for your comfort and convenience. Secluded RV spaces and Camping sites are also available here at Lakeside.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I felt like I walked into a scene from deliverance. No one at the desk, checked in at the bar. Dirty, scary. Cabins are dark and dreary. It was very unnerving

3  Thank Karen B

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I just saw a review from July 5, 2011 and had the same experience on July 6, 2013.

We waited 2 hours (NO JOKE!!!) with 8 hungry kids. The waitress did bring us crayons for the kids to play with, but then 1:45 hours later came to the table to tell us they were out of pizza.

My biggest complaint is the management -- if you're going to tell patrons you're out of food 1 hour and 45 minutes after seating, you would think the management would comp a dinner, or an appetizer, or something, right?

They do nothing to right this bad experience. The food (when it finally came) was mediocre at best. I ordered a hamburger and I didn't get my food until 2 hours later.

The waitress said they were slammed with 3 large groups, and over the holiday weekend, they only ordered so much food and weren't planning on large groups.

Give me a break -- if that's the case, then tell us in stead of having us wait 1:45 hours to be told you're out of food.

Finally, the dogs. I don't know what the management is thinking but there were patrons (and I believe staff/cooks) that have dogs in the restaurant. I saw 3 dogs in the dinning room while I waited 2 hours for my food... and I'm talking huge dogs (not lap dogs).

It's totally disgusting to have animals in the dinning room. And these weren't "seeing eye dogs". This is another example of a lazy management with poor standards.

I didn't want to eat my food thinking about what the kitchen was like.

I agree with the other reviewer -- this is where the locals go. I'm guessing they care more about their friends who hang out at the bar with their dogs.

I have no idea about the "lodge" or rooms. I would NEVER stay here after eating at this restaurant.

3  Thank dpbdmd
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I annually make a few trips to the Greater Yellowstone area and frequently stop in Island Park. Last summer I dropped in to Lakeside upon hearing of new ownership/management. The new staff was incredibly friendly and made my friends and I feel right at home. The facilities were more clean than in years past. Atmosphere in the Bar was spot on and the food was the best I've had in I.P. to date. The chef recommended the Ribs and they did not disappoint. Highly recommend stopping in to Lakeside if you travel through the area.

2  Thank arthur a
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Love the new friendly owners and the staff they have. Great room! Great food! Great time was had by all!

3  Thank Ann O
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My family has owned a cabin in Island Park for about 67 years now and of all the years I have been visiting with them, I have never even known about Lakeside until this year. So I took some friends and family and we drove out to have a nice meal one evening and I was absolutley astonished by what we were greeted to. The minute we walked in we were acknowledged by a very young lady who was very sweet and warm to us. She seemed to be the only waitress that night but even as busy as she was she still made sure we were taken care of right away. She brought us menus and asked for our drink orders and in no time we were being served. There had to have been about 5 other tables who had just sat down but this little lady was working hard to make sure everyone of her tables was taken care of. We ordered our food and got it in no wait time at all. The food was very scrumptious, on top of the way it was presented looked amazing and mouth watering. Our waitress checked on us more times than she should have been able to with as busy as she was, and even was able to share some good insight about what places she has loved to visit in Island park and which places she would reccomend for a good walk. She also reccomended the chicken fried steak, and a chicken pasta that was to die for. The manager was also helping her clean off tables and also took time out of his way to stop and check on us, which in most places you don't see at all. All in all this was a breathtaking experience between the waitress, the food, the owner, and the veiw. I would go back over and over just to experience it again. A wonderful place to be and relax.

2  Thank Ella W