“This is why you read TA”

Boondocks Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Island Park
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We are closed for the fall off season! Thank you all for a wonderful 2018 summer, updates will be posted here and on our Facebook!
Reviewed September 6, 2014

First, some info about Boondocks. It's great. A must if you're in Island Park, and probably a must if you're in nearby West Yellowstone. It's no-frills delicious. The space is on the small side and it seems to be constantly busy (a good sign), so allow some time to wait for a table. Their house poppy seed salad dressing is great. Steaks are strong. Cash only.

Now, about Boondocks and Trip Advisor. We were staying in West Yellowstone and not entirely happy with our food options. We noticed we weren't very far from the Idaho border and decided to find dinner over there. The reviews for Boondocks were all very positive on TA, so off we went. We were not disappointed.

This is not a restaurant you'd ever just drive by if you're at Yellowstone - it's a half-hour drive from West Yellowstone. I'm not even convinced you'd come across it if you were staying in Island Park, as it was several minutes away from the main road US-20. Local word of mouth could maybe get you there, but who tells a tourist to drive 30 minutes away to another state for dinner? So thanks, TA users!

Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

The food here is to die for ! The ribs are so tender they pull right off the bone and the sauce they use is so tasty. The chicken fried chicken breast is so moist and yummy. They make the best margaritas always get the pitcher or you will kick yourself for wanting more. The salad is great I'm in love with the poppyseed dressing . the veggies are my favorite side , they are saluted in garlic and butter normally I don't like squash but cooked this way I eat the squash and carrots completely. Omg the carrot cake is fantastic and big enough for 2 or 3 people to share.

2  Thank Dana S
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in over Labor Day weekend, it was raining so we wanted to get out of the cabin and visit based on reviews. Place was pretty busy, I ordered a crab and shrimp salad and my husband had a burger. Salad was pretty "fishy" smelling so I didn't eat it. Husband had a bunless burger and fries. He didn't complain other than he literally got 5 steak fries with his meal. I wasn't impressed and prob won't stop back in. Staff seemed nice, but my order was to-go. The fresh baked cinnamon rolls had the whole place smelling amazing, didn't try one so I can't comment on them. I like to support local mom and pop places but sadly the food just wasn't the best.

1  Thank bella b
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Boondocks in Island Park, Idaho is by far the best meal I have ever eaten! The young men that served us were awesome! My only issue is that we did not find Boondocks before we had to leave. If you are in this area you have to go!

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Our crew does not mind driving 30 miles to eat at Boondocks and it being our main destination . Love the food and and desserts! We are greeted with overflowing flowers leading to the front porch in the summer....sample Idaho lava rocks at the door... And a hard working family inside that cooks and serves carefully prepared meals. Top off a meal with their unbelievable carrot cake or freshly baked cinnamon rolls. Walls inside display stringed musical instruments, visiting young artists handiwork, and carefully selected antiques. We consider it a treat to go there!