“Wish we lived closer, so we could come back more often”

Boondocks Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Island Park
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Where the Locals eat in Island Park! Yes we are off the beaten trail, 4 miles west of Highway 20...(turn at the Bank of Idaho) Small casual restaurant serving lunch and dinner
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were told that we had to try this place when we visited Yellowstone/Island Park. We now know why. I had a Thai Salad and it was so flavorful and good. I had to fatten it up with onion rings (OMG). The staff is friendly and it is very kid friendly. We sat outside and watched the sun set. Don't be surprised if you see a few people roll in on 4-wheelers. Beer was cheap too! :)

1  Thank runmommierun

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Get here early (both lunch and dinner), this is a very popular "local" spot, and the best around outside the formal Henry's Fork Lodge.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Food was plentiful, cheap, and average. Service was poor. Anyone from the South would be offended by the iced tea so steer clear. CLOSE to the resort.

1  Thank gregory_ellis
blackfrito, Owner at Boondocks Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for your review! I'm sorry to hear that you did not approve of the service at Boondocks, it would be helpful to know what, specifically, you were not happy with so we could determine if it was a one time miss-step or something we could generally imporve upon! As you could probably tell, we are a small buisiness employing mostly family and friends and we are always trying to do our best to provide great food. I also apologize that the iced tea was not great; since you mention the south I suspect you might have been expecting sweet tea. This is something we have considered serving, but there is simply not enough demand for it in the west! If there was something else wrong with the tea, we would have been happy to deal with the problem! Again, thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Read about Boondocks on Trip Advisor so we thought we would give it a try. We went about 4:00 P.M. to avoid the lunch crowd and before the dinner crowd. The place is not very big and every table but one was occupied when we arrived. Even though they were busy, the service was very good and the food was excellent. Although we didn't have one, there homemade cinnamon rolls were huge and looked delicious. They sold several of them while we were there. I think they bake all their own breads. The prices were very reasonable for a tourist area and the food was great. I plan to eat there again whenever I am in the area. Highly recommended.

blackfrito, General Manager at Boondocks Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thanks so much for your review! You were definitely smart coming at an off peak time! Hope to see you back at Boondocks in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We decided to try Boondocks based on reviews here. We weren't disappointed. Everything was fabulous from the foccia bread appetizer to carrot cake for dessert. I had the Mediterranean pasta and my husband had seafood crepes and both were delicious. Service was prompt and pleasant. I would definitely come back.

Thank you so much for your review, we are always happy when new people find Boondocks, especially when they enjoy their visit as much as you did! Hope you are able to come back sometime!