“Great staff”

Super 8 Idaho Falls
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Idaho Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Henefer
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Super 8 was good! I was pleased with the room. I have a black light and went through the room to see what I could find. I found some stains on the wall but found nothing on the bed spread. I thought I would find more than I did! The rooms are small and ok for what I was staying for. Glad to see a frig and microwave! If you want a 4 or 5 star hotel guess you better pay for it! I don't have that kind of budget and this room worked for what I needed it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Virginia R
, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Idaho Falls, responded to this review, February 3, 2017
Thank you for staying with us, we work hard to keep our guests happy. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you staying with us again!
Elmira
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Made a reservation by phone and confirmed with credit card. Receptionist quoted $73.95 with a 10% AARP discount, bringing the room rate to $66.56. When I checked in, she stated the rate was now $77.95 with no AARP discount. She stated that the rate can change if the hotel is almost sold out. I explained I had confirmed the rate with my credit card. After a lengthy discussion, she finally lowered the rate to $73.95 but would not give me the AARP discount. In my opinion this is a very unethical business practice. In addition, the SuperStart breakfast consisted only of packaged cereals, waffles and fruit that looked a couple days old. This is the first time I stayed at a Super 8 and it will be the last.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JeannetteWR
Michael C, Manager at Super 8 Idaho Falls, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
I would like to thank you for letting me know your perception of what occurred. I have spoken with the desk clerk involved to understand how something like this could happen. As it happens she quoted a rate which included the AARP discount on the phone without stating the rate before the discount. Later when you arrived she started to charge the discounted rate and you believed she did not include the AARP discount. In the end the discount was given two times because of a mis-communication.

You have already seen the discounted copy of your bill which includes the 2nd discount I issued. We have some new employees who were hired because they are more personable, however they are limited by how much they can reduce your rate which is why I had to be involved.

Thanks again for letting me know how you perceived this. It was mis-communication and not an attempt at anything unethical.

Travelers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Really horrible on site management--When spoke with front desk about discrepancy in bed size vs what is advertised the on site manager said we ordered queen sized beds for all the rooms. When I showed him the room--and made it clear it was not a queen but a dble all he said was that he would let ownership know. No apology no offer to drop cost based on FALSE advertising.
In checking in the clerk--took a phone call before completing my check in process and explaining where to park and where the room was

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jane r
As the manager on duty when you were asking for a discounted price I apologize for your feelings about the check in process. Guest service personnel are trained to answer the phone because people standing in front of them, such as you, can see they are busy, but the people on the phone who cannot see anything believe they are being ignored. It is an effort to not lose business to competitiors. It is likely the same treatment you received when you called here.

Concerning the size of the beds, the order of new linens that was delivered last week was for queen size beds. They fit perfectly, but today I was walking past a store where bedding was sold. I looked at several beds that were advertised as queens and looked specifically at the measurements. They matched perfectly with the appropriate demonstration of your husband lying across the bed to show it is only 5 feet.

I am sorry for the mis-understanding you have about false advertising, but noone has ever complained about our bed sizes before. The next time you come in I will be happy to go with you to any room and measure it for your comfort.