“Awesome, theme room”

Ranked #1 of 2 Idaho Falls B&B and Inns
Pocatello, Idaho
“Awesome, theme room”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I went to Thailand for the night..No not really but it sure felt like it,,The staff is wonderful, the room was wonderful and the stay was AWESOME..The room was very romantic in everyway,..Im ready to go back enjoy another room..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kelly C

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed May 28, 2012

As a 50ish executive couple... You know just not enough hours in the day... This was an excellent substitute for a real trip to France!!!

Room Tip: Close your eyes and throw a dart as this place is wonderful!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dennis h
Reviewed May 14, 2012

we stayed in the Paris room and it was perfect in every way!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica N
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here a total of 5 times and have stayed in different rooms each time. Every time that we have stayed it has been a wonderful, romantic vacation. The rooms are very clean with all of the romantic touches that we have come to expect and enjoy. The front desk staff has always been very gracious and helpful during check in or for any questions that we might have.

The cheese cake, sparkling cider and the continental breakfast is a wonderful touch and very tasty. The steam room or sauna and the champagne bubbler tub are wonderful to just sit back and relax in.

I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a quick, romantic get away.

Room Tip: My favorite rooms are the Rome room, the Egypt room, the New York room and the Rio room. The rates...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PPacker1964
Williston, North Dakota
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and I LOVED spending the night in the Egypt room! The T.V. was a bit complicated, but was great to walk into music playing and a personalized thank you card! Sparkling Cider chilled with wine glasses was cute and a sauna in room was AWESOME! Delivery of breakfast at night was strange but understandable due to their staff not being on hand (on call phone is available) through the night. The food basket for breakfast was FUN! I've enjoyed staying at the Black Swan also. Great theme hotels. I'll continue to visit!

Room Tip: Egypt room is fun and classy! Has King Tut and heiroglyphics and great paintings!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank leodoodlebug
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We ran away to Rome for the day and loved every moment of it. The property could use a little love for the price but all in all it was perfect!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ru4brite
Clearfield, Utah
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I have read many reviews on this site, and I have to say that I'm glad that I went before I read the negative ones. This place was PERFECT! We traveled from out of state to visit family in Idaho Falls and I (wife) had planned a surprise get away for my husband, since our anniversary was the following weekend. I had informed them upon booking online that this was a surprise and only to contact myself if needed. As part of the surprise I kept telling my husband after dinner that we were traveling to "a new Destination." He didn't get it and kept asking why I wouldn't tell him where were going, until I drove up to the building and he read "DESTINATIONS INN" on the door. He was confused by the outward appearance and you can read in the book in your room about the building history...built in 1904 and has been home to many different businesses. I think it was very honorable to have someone come in & restore it to such beauty since it was said to be condemed and torn down. It's sad when history that old is just destroyed, so koo-doos to the builder for the remodel and keeping Idaho Falls moving forward by bringing new faces to town, with such a beautiful hotel! It was great! Parking is alittle tricky, we first parked in the lot across the street, but moved to the front door area later. The front desk clerk assured us we would not be ticketed even though the sign said short parking; she also said if we were the hotel would pay for the ticket (we weren't ticketed though). When entering the building you are confused by the outter antique appearance, but pleasantly surprised by the beauty within. Our room was amazing! I loved the romantic lighting and their attempt at romantic music was ok too. I noticed first thing that there was a card on our bed with our last name on it and said "Happy Anniversary". I thought that was a really cool touch. Our room was VERY CLEAN, we received sparkling cider on ice, wine glasses, and fresh cheesecake in the fridge. We also ordered our breakfast basket upon arrival and was surprised that it was delivered 10 mins later. It was nice to get it the night before so when we woke the next morning, we weren't rushed to get to the lobby for a quick, picked over continental breakfast. I was able to get up when I wanted, and with no kids it was nice to sleep in late, and eat when I was ready...which wasn't until after 10am. While staying we enjoyed the tub that was perfect for the two of us to share and the hotel said it was fine for us to use bubble bath if we wanted. (bring your own). We also enjoyed the huge, comfortable bed! I slept like an angel. The only issue we had was our heater, which kept turning on and off at random, we finally unplugged it and slept snuggled...yes it was winter, but we were not cold. I did inform the desk and she said they were going to replace it, because they can't seem to fix it. We also had a projector TV, and usually I do ok with electronics, but even the instructions book was not good enough, I had to call the desk for a walk thru instruction. It was easy once he told me that there is a basket full of remotes in the night stand...the multiple remotes was easier to use than the universal one they also provided.
I also had a little issue with a neighboring room that had their TV turned up very loud, but it was only for a minute, that could happen by accident. And there are notes left in the room that ask all patrons to keep their TV's turned down for respect of others.
We have stayed at the sister hotel in Pocatello called the Black Swan, sereval times in the last 12 yrs. I felt a little more welcomed at the Destinations. The office staff was all wonderful, helpful, ect. I would say that since we had been to the Black Swan so many time we had high expectations, but this surpassed them all. I don't remember there being cheesecake and sparking cider with wine glasses at BS. Destinations staff gave me resturant advice, and more. There's a new place called Costello's within walking distance that was a great little Italian Resturant, for 2 we paid about $30. The hotel is also within walking distance of the Museum, which always has different things there, it is a museum that hosts traveling exhibits. When we visited it had Sue--T Rex , Teeth, Tails and Trouble. NEAT!
Can't wait to visit another "Destination" in Idaho Falls soon! Thanks to the staff!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn Idaho Falls
#8 of 23 in Idaho Falls
Fairfield Inn & Suites Idaho Falls
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rexburg - BYU

Been to Destinations Inn? Share your experiences!