“Govt Per Diem Rates Accepted!”
Review of Destinations Inn

Destinations Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Idaho Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 19, 2011

As a government contractor, I travel at least 2 weeks of every month. I have slept in almost every type of hotel chain there is, so going to a hotel that was not part of a large chain was a new experience for me. Although their rates are higher than the per diem allowance, I contacted them and they agreed to give me their govt rate. I was allowed to choose one of three types of rooms for that rate. I stayed in the England room and it was incredible.

The room was clean, the staff was extremely friendly, the breakfast was filling, and the place was quiet. Their large screen tv/audio system made it a more enjoyable experience to watch TV, and the steam room and large jetted tub helped me relax at the end of a long day.

When I had concerns about my pillows, they immediately resolved them, and they were responsive to my requests to bring breakfast the night before since I had early morning meetings.

I will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future, and I would encourage other travelers who are looking for something different to do the same.

One note: the staff do leave at night, so you are in the hotel alone with other guests. However, during my stay I never even saw another guest--although I know they were there from the parked cars.

Room Tip: The England room has a steam room and a "secret passage" to the bathroom. Each room has...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Oceanviewer2

Reviewed October 30, 2011

We booked the Athen's Room on a weeknight as we had a coupon. We frequently use these types of accomodations for our 'getaways'. We thought the theme's taking you to different parts of the world were wonderful. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Decor of everything from the lobby to our room was beautiful! This is one of the cleanest, best put together places we have been to. The massage table in our room turned out to be an excellent bonus-even for my husband who doesn't much like massages. Overall, we had the most relaxing wonderful time. The owner was there the next morning as we checked out and I told them about a small problem with the faucet/shower head in the jetted tub and he was going to not only have it fixed right away, but offered to compensate us for the less than ideal problem. However, as we all ready had used a coupon to obtain the room at a significant dicount we felt no further compensation was necessary. But the fact that the owner offered and was willing to made me all the more glad we stayed here. The owners were very generous and supporting the returning soldiers of the 116th who had spent a year in Iraq. Hoowa to them for for their support, generosity, and patriotism! He (the owner) was very personable as I shook his hand and thanked him for the gift of a discount and a very much needed relaxing and romantic evening away! Loved it!

Room Tip: Athen's has a drop down TV with a projecter instead of a flat screen, but has great surround sou...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Awesome what a treat we really loved there theme rooms would recommend to any couples who are looking for a very romantic atmosphere

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband & I stayed just this past weekend for the first time. The room was very clean and very elaborately decorated for the region. It really creates the ultimate atmosphere for the perfect romantic escape. The tranquility of the bath was supreme. Mood music was on when we walked into the room & helped us unwind the second we walked in. We chose Rio with the massage table & we would recommend that little extra for every visit! The breakfast was scrumptious. The staff was so welcoming & helpful. We are already planning our next trip!

Room Tip: get a massage table!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miller98
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I found this accomodation on the internet, and was impressed and intrigued about the concept. It appealed to me, and I chose this for one night, on our way to Grand Teton, from SLC. I wanted to surprise my husband, so I did not tell him what to expect. I'm so happy I booked this !! When arriving, no problem to park your car in front of the B&B. The welcome from staff was friendly and informative. The reception area is very nice. So up we went in the elevator, to our room. I had chosen New-York. When I opened the door, I said to my husband : "welcome to New-York". The look on his face was very funny, as he was not expecting this at all !! When entering the room, a replica of Lady Liberty welcomes you. Some lights are hidden in a replica of Empire State building and Chrysler Building, which are on each side of the giant TV screen.
The room in itslef is so spacious ! There is like a garden area, with a table and 2 chairs. Then, there are a few steps, and you arrive when the bed is situated. The bed area is beautiful. It is a round bed, which was the first time we slept in this kind of bed. It was very comfortable, with drapes, we thought we were in a broadway show.
There was a tub, jacuzzi style, with chromotherapy. We tried it and it was great ! The shower was so large you could fill 10 people in it ! When we arrived, we found the cheesecake in the fridge, along with the bottle of Sparkling Cider apple. We appreciated both. As entertainement is concerned : there is a central panel which operates ambiance lights. We tried different ambiances, very agreeable. It also operates music, great fun. You can operate TV and DVD. In the room, several 3D DVD's were available, with glasses. We watched a movie about fish in the ocean, it was fun also.
This was the funniest and most agreeable getaway I had with my husband. You are in the middle of Idaho, and it is as if you are in an exotic place, the strangest sensation. We had the change to have a glimpse at several other rooms, such as Congo, Egypt, England... They were also very nice. If I go to Idaho Falls again, I will make sure to return here without a doubt !!

Room Tip: Try the jacuzzi style tubs !
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2011

All the suites are theme and provide the perfect atmosphere for a romantic night away. The value of the stay was great! Offering us sparkling cider, and cheese cake on arrival, and our choice of what to have for breakfast the following morning, delievered right to your door.

Room Tip: Book during the week and save about $30-$40 night
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway! It was amazing! We stayed in Paris, and the Congo! Paris was beautiful, and completely took our breath away! The congo was amazingly relaxing! We really enjoyed the aromatherpy steam shower! We kept thinking "wow, we completely forgot we were in a hotel in desolate cold Idaho! The Service was amazing! You could tell that the employees loves working there. WE WILL COME BACK!!!!

Room Tip: Stay more than one night!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple