“Good Flavors...”

Pitmaster BarBQue Company
Ranked #15 of 227 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: The Pitmaster BarBQue Company first began when owner Rob Harding got started cooking BBQ in Terre Haute, Indiana. Since then, Rob has traveled all over the Midwest sampling ribs, brisket, and pulled pork in order to gain experience and knowledge in order to perfect his technique and recipes. As his expertise in the BBQ industry grew, so did his motivation and desire to become a creator of world-class BBQ. After countless experiments and trials, Rob went out and bought a small water smoker and started making delicious ribs. Rob's first break occurred when he was offered to cater a rehearsal dinner. Coincidentally enough, some of the bride's family members had been judges at the 'Memphis in May Cookoff', one of the largest invitational cook-offs in the world. "Don't change a thing!" And "We loved the ribs" were just a few of the flattering remarks heard by the guests at this very first event. All it took were those responses to know that it was time to get cooking.
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on our drive across country. I'm always down to try BBQ places and I know Idaho isn't known for BBQ. The flavors were great but both the pull pork and the ribs were over cooked and mushy the day we visited. The fries, beans and onion rings were amazing. I would come back again on the next trip back east.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Searched quickly on the internet to find a good restaurant on our stop-over trip through Idaho Falls... and found Pitmaster BBQ Company listed, with great reviews.
They are accurate reviews! Great young lady taking our order, explaining the different choices available, and GOOD BBQ! My husband was pleased to see they have "Gluten Free" choices clearly marked on the menu. He had the 2 meat choice with 1 side and corn bread. The cornbread was the BEST I have ever had, the simple side of green beans was incredible (I know - what could be so great about green beans?), and he loved both the pork and brisket sides, and tried all the bbq sauces. I ordered the salad with brisket, and it was good. I should have ordered something a little more daring, but I will when we come back this way!

1  Thank Jeri S
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were traveling through the area and were in the mood for BBQ. We like local restaurants so we actually found this restaurant on trip-advisor and decided to try it out. We expected a sit down restaurant but it is actually a walk up counter where you order and they bring the meal to our table. We made the right decision as the food was fast, tasted excellent (including the beans and mac/cheese), and the price was fair. THIS IS A FAMILY OWNED BUSINESS WHERE THEY ALL WORK IN THE BUSINESS. The owner stopped by our table to see how everything tasted and actually spent a moment to give us some local places we may wish to visit. They cook it, and actually make mostly everything including the desserts from scratch. From our experience, you will not regret your decision to eat here.

1  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Amazing BBQ. As soon as you get out of your car you can smell the smoke. There was so much on the menu I didn't know where to start. They can run out of items which shows that they care about what they are making that they just will not pump out a bunch of cheap meat. I went with a few coworkers and we bought a family meal of brisket, the Idaho fries (fries with brisket and cheese), and a side of Pig Candy (honey glazed bacon). It was all so good! The corn bread was moist and awesome. They have three different sauces that you can add, and the original was amazing. If I ever come back to Idaho Falls, this place will be on my list. Skip all those chain BBQ joints and go get some real Southern BBQ.

1  Thank Kloberda
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I eat a lot of BBQ, and am very picky with "true" BBQ, this was amazing!! Everyone in Idaho Falls must eat here, and everyone driving through, definitely worth the stop.

2  Thank allison J