“Best BBQ in Idaho!”

Pitmaster BarBQue Company
Ranked #11 of 224 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Pitmaster BarBQue Company first began when owner Rob Harding got started cooking BBQ in Terre Haute, Indiana. Since then, Rob has traveled all over the Midwest sampling ribs, brisket, and pulled pork in order to gain experience and knowledge in order to perfect his technique and recipes. As his expertise in the BBQ industry grew, so did his motivation and desire to become a creator of world-class BBQ. After countless experiments and trials, Rob went out and bought a small water smoker and started making delicious ribs. Rob's first break occurred when he was offered to cater a rehearsal dinner. Coincidentally enough, some of the bride's family members had been judges at the 'Memphis in May Cookoff', one of the largest invitational cook-offs in the world. "Don't change a thing!" And "We loved the ribs" were just a few of the flattering remarks heard by the guests at this very first event. All it took were those responses to know that it was time to get cooking.
Lehi, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ in Idaho!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I'm passionate about BBQ and I've had lots of it! I'm here to tell you that Idaho is lucky to have BBQ this good. Everything from their meats to their sides are off the charts good! Everything I've tried is amazing!

1 Thank Stevealij

Idaho Falls, Idaho
“I don't really like barbeque, but I like this place...”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Barbeque is honestly toward the bottom of my preferred cuisine list, but I really, really like Pitmaster. I always get the pulled pork sandwich and it is SO good. It isn't too heavy, so I don't feel too full after eating it. It's the only barbeque I crave (which my husband loves, since he loves barbeque). We go quite often, especially as it is near our house.

Sides are great too... the fries are home cut, the onion rings are amazing... kids devour the corn bread.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank E M
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Being a Southerner I like to think that the best BBQ is in south, but how wrong I am!! This is undoubtedly the best BBQ I have eaten! You owe it to yourself and your taste buds to dine here. The staff is outstanding and the facility very clean!!!

2 Thank verellis67
Rexburg, Idaho
“Absolutely amazing!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I simply cannot get enough of this place! I've eaten BBQ all over the country and this is hands down some if the very best I've had. Their brisket has such a deep, smokey flavor and is still incredible moist. You have to try the "pig candy" (thick bacon coated in some sugary sauce); it's unbelievably good. Their ribs (which are only available after 4:00 PM) are superb! Truthfully, I haven't found anything here I haven't liked

1 Thank Jimmy K
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Mouthwatering smoked deliciousness!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Need I say more? Also, try the homemade desserts! OK, I guess I need to say more. The meats are tender and not overcooked, the buns are fresh and the portions are generous. I eat here often (once a month or so) and have never been disappointed. Try it and you'll agree that this is the best BBQ in town!

• Visited March 2014