“One of the best in Idaho Falls”

The SnakeBite Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 230 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The SnakeBite Restaurant
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

First off, this place is not a chain. It's a cook who takes pride in ingredients, creative combinations and presentation. Lamb... Bam! Salads are out if this world. Local brews. Bread with some kind of pesto, chicken garden salad, the list goes on... Suffice it to say the food is amazing. Atmosphere is good, kinda small, kinda open, but at Christmas time, with their lights glowing, gas fireplace going - you can't find better atmosphere anywhere. Waiters, waitresses always amazing, running their tails off. Amber always makes you feel special. Just a great place on planet earth.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My family and I were passing through Idaho Falls and heard great things about SnakeBite, so we decided to stop by and eat before we continued our trip. The wait to be seated took quite a while because they were packed for lunch, but we didnt mind waiting. We were finally able to get a table and waited for our waitress to bring us our menus. When our waitress finally came to our table she had a terrible attitude towards us. She took our drink order and didnt come back to our table for about 10 mins. we waited for our food and when it was finally ready our waitress brought our food to our table with a very disgusted and angry look. We just wanted to hurry and eat because we didnt feel like our waitress wanted us there. Due to our horrible experience we left our waitress a 10% tip because we didnt feel like we were welcomed. When we were walking out we saw her walk to our table, pick up the tip and say really loud "Really!". Due to this experience i don't think me and my family will ever return to SnakeBite.

2  Thank Ben C
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for lunch It was so good. I had a burger my husband had a salmon sandwich. Both came with a salad that had cranberry's in it and a very good dressing We really enjoyed our lunch. The service was very good .

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We are driving cross country due to my husband's job transfer to a new city. We like to stop at local joints like this one along the way. With two kids in tow it would be easier to just hit Wendy's but we like supporting the local businesses and getting a taste of the town. We sat at our table for at least 10 minutes and no one came to offer drinks or give us menus. One gentleman said that someone would be with us shortly, but alas that never happened. The last straw came when a waitress offered up menus to a family that seated themselves after us. Sure, the food may look fabulous, but I will never know because the service was so poor. We went down the street to Great Harvest and were immediately welcomed and we made sure to let them know how much that was appreciated through generous tips and purchases.

1  Thank Travelgirl0813
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've eaten here for years, and never had a bad meal. The specials are idiosyncratic - there's a good mix of burgers, steaks and pasta, but the cioppino I had last Saturday was really excellent. For out-of-towners; NO CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS! The house salad is tasty with a ton of feta and plump cranberries, and the pesto bread that comes with it is a nice alternative. I love to sit outside on a summer night and watch folks going to and from the theater and the local bars. Service can be spotty during rushes, but the staff is usually very personable and knowledgeable - I usually try to go after 8:00.

1  Thank JEM196204