“Great gem in small downtown area”

The SnakeBite Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 230 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The SnakeBite Restaurant
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My coworkers and I had a few days in town to explore the limited restaurant options. This was our best find. I believe a total of 16 beers on tap- many Idaho and Oregon based microbrews. The corner restaurant and big windows to the street along with an eclectic mix of fireplace, art, and original tile floor are a warm atmosphere with seemingly well known local patrons greeted by name. I had the swordfish and potato pancakes with a saffron sauce was excellent- though ask for special pricing if looking to save money. The menu also appeared to have several bison options and good burger selection. Well worth a visit and less than 15 minute walk from the major hotel chains across the river.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

You would think an $18 hamburger would be something really special. WRONG! I ordered the special Buffalo Burger. Buffalo normally contains less fat than beef so was I surprised to have my bun completely saturated with grease. The patty was overcooked and had a very peculiar and less then complimentary after taste. The atmosphere was cold and the beer was warm. If all you want to do is hobnob with the local yuppies then come on down.

1  Thank sledguy
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is a locally owned restaurant that focuses on using local and/or regional products, such as the meat and produce, and creates their own sauces from scratch. We have had lunch at the Snakebite a couple of times before and were very satisfied. Dinner, however, was a better overall experience. We ate in the bar section and the atmosphere is similar to what you would find in Seattle or San Francisco. I had the osso bucco, which is made with pork rather than veal, and my fiance had the Kobe flank steak. We were both impressed with the quality of our meals. It was flavorful and the meats were succulent. Our server, Anthony, was great. He was knowledgeable and gave wonderful recommendations on both wine and entree selection. The only negative is they do not accept debit or credit cards and they could use some background music. Also, please--no kids in the bar. I eat in the bar to get away from kids. I would have given the Snakebite five stars if the bar was for adults only and if they accepted debit and/or credit cards.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Wow!! The food is amazing!! had the fish tacos!!! The waiter took good care of us. Made sure our sodas were full.I will make sure I call ahead for a reservation next time.. The lunch rush hour had a little wait time.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Snakebite is only open for lunch and dinner. Not between. The burgers and chicken sandwiches are a great value. The home made fry sauce is worth the $1 they charge you.