“A Very Good Restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Ahwatukee, Arizona, United States
“A Very Good Restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We recently traveled through and stayed the night in Idaho Falls. This was our first visit to this delightful city. We looked at what were the dining options and Jaker’s seemed to offer a menu that would work for my wife and me, so we made reservations and off we went.

The location was a little strange in that it was in a quasi-industrial zone, a bit different from what we expected from internet photographs. Once inside, however, that was all forgotten as it was a delightful place. It became even more delightful when the hostess said that today was the last day of their summer lobster promotion. Ooh, I think I am going to like this place.

The lady that served our table was great. She had our pre-dinner martinis prepared exactly the way we like them. Most certainly we were off to a good start. While my wife decided to do the vast Soup & Salad Bar, I had no choice but to go for the Lobster Tail sourced from Canada. It was both huge and excellent!

Jaker’s was a very good choice and we returned to our hotel happy!

SLC Utah
“A very nice place with good atmosphere, and always good service”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Now for Idaho Falls, this place is a gem. Great bar, large restaurant. Kind of a step back in time, but a good one. Can't beat the prime rib. I think you are good with just about everything on the menu. Fun spot for a town with little choices. Always good service. I remember Jake from the 70's in Boise, and this 'ol boy has it dialed in on his places.

• Visited April 2014
Lakeside, California, United States
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Started with lobster bisque. Creamy and lots of lobster. The biscuits were hot and different than any I have ever had before. They were served with honey butter. Soooo good. Next I ordered salmon and halibut baked with a fantastic sauce. My husband ordered 12oz. Sirloin steak with garlic potatoes. The baked potatoe was light and fluffy and loaded. The waitress was outstanding.

Magna, Utah
“Amazing Food!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The atmosphere is wonderful, and the food and drinks are amazing! Service is always spot on! We try to go every time we visit Idaho Falls. Their Rolls are wonderful!

Visited June 2014
Idaho Falls, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I went to lunch recently with my friends at Jakers. It's an attractive restaurant, very classy, yet homey. We arrived early and without a reservation, though reservations are recommended. We did not have to wait. The cheerful hostess was very accommodating and seated us immediately.

The server, also very cheerful, immediately greeted us. Two of us ordered salad bars. The other ordered a sandwich with French onion soup. The salad bars were so fresh and delicious, with many items to choose from. I especially liked the artichoke hearts, fresh strawberries, fresh pineapple, and a Greek salad. Jakers had removed the stems on the strawberries and all of the parts of the pineapple that you do not eat (unlike most other restaurants), just one example of the professionalism of Jakers. Another example is how very well the servers are trained. We never had to ask for anything. Refills were offered before they were needed. They serve very delicious, complimentary scones. We also had a very yummy cheesecake for dessert. It was a very large slice and easily satisfied the three of us. We spent about $35 for three meals and dessert.

1 Thank Rachel B