“First and last time going there”
Review of Jakers

Jakers
Ranked #1 of 230 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

My parents have been here many times over the years but I haven't ever gone with them. We went to celebrate my dad's birthday and Mother's Day because I came to visit them from out of town. On a Saturday night there was absolutely no wait which should have been a signal as this place used to be busy! The real problems came after we started eating. They sat us across from the kitchen where you could see the chefs cooking...and eating. It is against health code for employee food and beverage to be in the kitchen, but that didn't stop the chefs from eating off plates with their gloves on. Our entire party of 8 witnessed 3 chefs, one of them the assistant manager of all people, eating in the kitchen. Two of them were eating off customer plates that were put up on the counter that the waitresses would then come pick up and take out to people's tables. When we confronted out waitress with what we saw she at first acted like we were mistaken but then she turned around and witnessed it herself. She then went and talked to them and as soon as she walked off the chefs laughed at her. Yes, all of this we could see through their big open window. They ate off at least 6 plates that we saw taking items here and there that other waitresses then picked up. The waitress felt bad and told the manager, who never had the nerve to come talk to us instead sending out the assistant manager chef who was one of them eating. He basically told us the food was comped which is good because 70% of it was uneaten because we all lost our appetites after seeing this. Maybe this is why they have lost customers? Or the fact that I can go across the street to get coconut shrimp that is way better for half the price? Needless to say they lost my parents as customers.

4  Thank kristie p
Patti J, Owner at Jakers, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Kristie,

Thank you for your recent visit to Jaker’s Bar and Grill and for leaving a review. We are sorry that your experience was not up to our usual high standard. Any issue involving health and safety is of top concern to our management as we pride ourselves at being industry leaders in this area. Our first priority is to serve a safe product to our guests that meets and exceeds local health department standards.

We have researched the comments from your review and have taken steps to ensure that Jaker’s continues to provide a safe and enjoyable experience to our guests. If you would like, please feel free to contact our Supervising Partner, Justin Philbrick, at 406-370-1690 or at Justin@jakers.com.

Jaker’s

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We enjoyed our lunch here, seated near the bar. The drinks were good as was the food. Everything we had was tasty, with generous servings. The wait staff was friendly and made an effort to see we were happy.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We dined here late on a Sunday night, as the options in town were limited. My husband had the potato soup and French dip, as we very pleased with his meal. I had a salad that was starting to turn brown, the trout chargrilled and it lacked any seasoning and was disappointed with my meal. The service was good and our waitress attentive.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Jakers is my favorite restaurant in Idaho Falls. My last visit was no exception. The service was excellent. Everything was provided before we even thought about asking. The food was excellent, a very impressive salad bar with yummy lobster bisque (and other soups), fresh strawberries, freshly cut and trimmed pineapple, and a host of other fresh, delicious salads. My friend had a turkey avocado wrap, which was very impressive and came with a delicious spinach salad. The portions were large and prices were very reasonable.

1  Thank Mary E
Reviewed May 8, 2014

In the past several years, I've dined sporadically at five of the Jaker's restaurants in Idaho and Montana, and after my last two visits here in ID Falls can categorically state that this Jaker's is the worst. The salad bar is smaller, and the soup less fresh tasting, with many fewer selections than other Jaker's - and the soup/salad is a primary reason for me to eat at one of these. One member of our party ordered the meat loaf dinner with the extra salad bar, and what was served was small, mediocre, and not of good value; $22 spent on something that would have been better at a dozen other places. The service was adequate, but overall it was an unsatisfactory dining experience. The time before that I'd had the almond-encrusted chicken and as soon as I cut into it the grease poured from it. This location has gone noticeably downhill in the last year or two.

Patti J, General Manager at Jakers, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Hello,
We appreciate you coming to Jaker's and we thank you for leaving a review. Your review helps us to pinpoint areas of improvement to help us provide a better dining experience for our guests.

We apologize that you received anything but extraordinary service and food in our restaurant. You mentioned visiting our other locations and that we weren't up to par with what you experienced there. Our goal at Jaker's is to make sure every guest leaves happy. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations and that we weren't able to remedy the situation at the time of your visit. If you would like, please contact our General Manager, Patti Jennings at 208-524-5240 or at patti@jakers.com

Jaker's