“Good late lunch”

Ranked #1 of 224 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We enjoyed our lunch here, seated near the bar. The drinks were good as was the food. Everything we had was tasty, with generous servings. The wait staff was friendly and made an effort to see we were happy.

There are newer reviews for Jakers

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We dined here late on a Sunday night, as the options in town were limited. My husband had the potato soup and French dip, as we very pleased with his meal. I had a salad that was starting to turn brown, the trout chargrilled and it lacked any seasoning and was disappointed with my meal. The service was good and our waitress attentive.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Jakers is my favorite restaurant in Idaho Falls. My last visit was no exception. The service was excellent. Everything was provided before we even thought about asking. The food was excellent, a very impressive salad bar with yummy lobster bisque (and other soups), fresh strawberries, freshly cut and trimmed pineapple, and a host of other fresh, delicious salads. My friend had a turkey avocado wrap, which was very impressive and came with a delicious spinach salad. The portions were large and prices were very reasonable.

1  Thank Mary E
Reviewed May 8, 2014

In the past several years, I've dined sporadically at five of the Jaker's restaurants in Idaho and Montana, and after my last two visits here in ID Falls can categorically state that this Jaker's is the worst. The salad bar is smaller, and the soup less fresh tasting, with many fewer selections than other Jaker's - and the soup/salad is a primary reason for me to eat at one of these. One member of our party ordered the meat loaf dinner with the extra salad bar, and what was served was small, mediocre, and not of good value; $22 spent on something that would have been better at a dozen other places. The service was adequate, but overall it was an unsatisfactory dining experience. The time before that I'd had the almond-encrusted chicken and as soon as I cut into it the grease poured from it. This location has gone noticeably downhill in the last year or two.

Patti J, General Manager at Jakers, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Hello,
We appreciate you coming to Jaker's and we thank you for leaving a review. Your review helps us to pinpoint areas of improvement to help us provide a better dining experience for our guests.

We apologize that you received anything but extraordinary service and food in our restaurant. You mentioned visiting our other locations and that we weren't up to par with what you experienced there. Our goal at Jaker's is to make sure every guest leaves happy. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations and that we weren't able to remedy the situation at the time of your visit. If you would like, please contact our General Manager, Patti Jennings at 208-524-5240 or at patti@jakers.com

Jaker's

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great experience. I've only been there once but I'll be back. I visit IDF a couple times a year and have generally been unimpressed with the restaurants. This last visit, I was there only over a Sunday night so my choices were limited by very few restaurants being open. Fortunately, Jakers was. We went early and the place was quiet and relaxing. My guess is that later in the evening, it would have been a more intense experience. The happy hour Chardonnay was excellent and a reasonable quantity was served. We each had Caesar salad as starters, served on an icy plate with crisp, fresh lettuce and good dressing. I had a cup of the very good but rich lobster bisque. My husband had a very good French-dip sandwich but the star of the show was my halibut. Halibut is a standard item on the menu (which I usually take as a warning sign not to order it, because that usually means old/frozen.) I took a chance and was very specific about wanting the halibut undercooked. The result was exceptional: moist and flaky and a very generous size portion. Perfectly cooked with a crisp outer layer (very lightly breaded and then quickly sauteed) but with a perfect interior. Delicate fish is difficult to cook and an excellent insight into a kitchen's ability. Jakers passed with flying colors. Reasonably priced. Good service.