“Hard to fathom the TA rating this place has”
Review of Jakers

Jakers
Ranked #2 of 225 Restaurants in Idaho Falls
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The sign out front said NUMBER ONE ON TRIP ADVISOR! Reality? They must of held the spot for at least one week and were so proud they forgot how to cook! The food was of a far TOO low quality for the price! I have had better quality for less in New York City! I make it appoint to try the top 3 restaurants in every town I visit and this one was number one but it should be down around number 10-15. Food was greasy, service was fast but unattentive. (I filled out a comment card on that one). I would of expected food like this to come from a taco wagon or mobile truck! TA, don't waste your money on this one...PS It also seems that they are a chain with a few locations, try to support something more local!

There are newer reviews for Jakers

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have been eating here for more than 25 years and Jakers has always had the best food and service in Idaho Falls. I took my mother in law for lunch this week(I knew it was her favorite place too). We both had the lunch special, the chipotle burger. OMG I'm sure that was the best burger I have ever had. I was also happy that Jakers is now cutting their own fries, that is important in my book. I highly recommend Jakers to my family and friends.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Hard to decide with so many choices but I went for the salad bar.....really fresh salads, very tasty, loved the broccoli salad......shocked at the excellent variety of fresh berries and melon....taste was tops.
Husband chose the chicken fried steak....delicious and loved the sides of macaroni and cheese and bistro mashed potatoes. I tasted his steak and decided when we pass through town next week, I will get my own.

Oh, forgot the nice soups on the soup bar. Lobster bisque with lots of meat in it, chicken tortilla soup, gazpacho, clam chowder, and my choice, a yummy potato soup.

Meal includes tasty scones, which are hot biscuit-like things you can spread on honey butter.
Very friendly and accommodating staff, nice, comfy seating, nice decor. We will definitely go back on our way through again.

Thanks to other trip advisor reviewers for the tips. We love trip advisor !

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Have to disagree with recent reviews. Thought the food and service was very good! I had the salmon which was cooked and seasoned perfectly. And my husband thoroughly enjoyed his pan fried Idaho trout. Our waitress was helpful and very attentive, without hovering. Would definitely return.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We recently dined at Jakers in Idaho Falls, as we have done many times before, when we are in the Idaho Falls area. The food was good and the waitress did a very good job, but the downside was that we had reservations and still had to wait. When we were finally seated, we ordered drinks, then a short time later we ordered our dinners. This was a first at Jakers, but the food almost beat the drinks to the table. Perhaps the bartender was overwhelmed, but regardless a manager should have taken notice and provided the additional support to better serve the customers. This experience was only average after a number of above average visits.