“Best in Idaho Falls”

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Billings, MT
“Best in Idaho Falls”
Reviewed May 15, 2008

We come through Idaho Falls once a year on our way down to Arizona to see the Inlaws and we have one other hotel that we stay on usually on the river. Just so happened that they were over booked and they recommended us the Le Ritz Hotel. Big Mistake on our part. Le Ritz is twice the hotel, 10x nicer, and the staff is unreal in customer service. We will always stay at Le Ritz for now on. Their rooms are all new, Breakfast (out of this world), Internet hooked right up no problems. Staff right there when you need them and the pool area is by far the nicest we've seen probably ever in our travels. They showed us some of their suites (Wow), we'll be coming back here for our honeymoon. Perfect view of the river and the Temple.. Absolutely love it!!!! 5 stars *****

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank EternalCompanions

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed April 14, 2008

We have stayed in Idaho Falls several times, as we had a student at a near by college. We chose the LeRitz for the first time, because we decided to bring our little dog and LeRitz is pet friendly. We booked two rooms for two nights

PROS:
Awesome Front Desk Service and Friendly, Helpful Staff
Pet Friendly
Beautiful View of Idaho Falls Mormon Temple and River
Wonderful breakfast included in price (better than most)

CONS:
More expensive than other much nicer hotels in Idaho Falls
Rooms are definately on the SMALL side, feels cramped
Skimpy amenities (shampoo, etc)
Room was dusty (especially TV and Refrigerator)
One of the rooms had practically no pressure in the shower
Very loud fan in bathroom
Rooms are VERY average, or maybe a little below average

While it wasn't a horrible experience, I probably wouldn't stay again unless we needed a pet-friendly hotel. The best thing about the LeRitz is its views, breakfast and super friendly staff. The rooms . . . not so much.

• Liked — SUPER FRIENDLY Front Desk and Staff, Pet Friendly, Views and Good Breakfast
  • Disliked — Rooms are SMALL, dusty room, more expensive than other nicer hotels in area.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BabsOswego
Salt Lake City
Reviewed July 30, 2007

Charged my credit card $200.00 extra for accusing me of smoking when I have allergies and asthma!! Terrible management!!! BEWARE!!!

Stayed July 2007
4 Thank ojos_asi_violet
California
Reviewed July 25, 2007

We were on a family road trip for 2 weeks with young children and were going to stay here 2 nights, but we had to call ahead and cancel the first night ( the day before we were to be there)because we were running behind schedule. I had made the original reservations on the internet at home and then a couple of days later we left on our trip. When I got to the hotel to check in they told me that they were going to charge me the full rate for the first night because it was on July 4th and they had sent out a letter to everyone stating that you could not cancel any reservations on the 4th. The problem was that I had left town before receiving the letter and my internet reservations stated that I could cancel up until the day before. I told the front desk that I did not receive the letter and showed them my internet receipt, I was told that it would have to wait for a manager to help me in the morning. The next morning (prepared for a fight) when I checked out I mentioned the problem to the girl helping me and she called her manager and when the manager saw the problem she told me oh, I already took care of that this morning and the charge has been reversed. The customer service was great, but the room was also great, very clean and modern and a nice lay out with plenty of room. They have a walkway that takes you right up to the river that is located behind them that is easy to walk to. Would stay again.

• Liked — The customer service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank RoadTripsCalifornia
Boise, ID
Reviewed January 10, 2007

The hotel ambiance was very nice. Nicely landscaped with a waterfall and statuettes out front. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. Everything was sparkling clean. The breakfast was Wonderful! No run-of-the-mill continental breakfast here. Eggs, sausage, and waffles galore! Plenty of seating and not too crowded. The pool was clean and refreshing as well and we had it all to ourselves. Overall much better than I expected at this price range!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank shydynbay
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 8, 2005

we have stayed at Le Ritz 3 times in last 18 months. The hotel is like new after major refurbishing, but the staff is old fashioned friendly. I have traveled the world and the breakfast provided ranks with the best. I have bought property in IF and will stay here on all inspection trips. Great location on Snake River green belt.

Stayed September 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2005

The hotel was like new. The beds were very comfortable. We would stay there again. The breakfast area was crowded for our stay, would suggest getting there early. Great indoor pool. Very good for the price.

• Stayed July 2005