“Loved it!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Today I had lunch at Il Castello in downtown Idaho Falls. I travel on business and am always looking for a good restaurant in the towns that I visit. I like Italian cuisine and was excited to try IL Castello. I enjoyed the quaint atmosphere. I could see right away that its locally owned. The staff was friendly and attentive. I've always had a weakness for calamari so I decided to try the calamari and musscles appetizer. It was prepared in a way that was lighter, more subtle and flavorful than the typical breaded and fried calamari that I often find in other restuarants. It was served uncoated with the musscles still in the shell in a wonderful butter sauce that was divine. The rest of the meal was great too. The highlight was a really unique salad dressing that I've never tried before.

1  Thank Greg Z

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Some friends took me to this wonderful new restaurant in downtown Idaho Falls. I was very impressed with the location, the easy access to the local theatre and the food and service. An unpretentious wine list with a great selection of wines paired well with a good menu of great Italian dishes.

I enjoyed an excellent Il Castello Milanese. Cooked to a perfection and with a delightful sauce and Italian vegetables. I would gladly go here again and sample other dishes from the menu.

This is my favorite Idaho Falls eatery. Reservations may be required.

1  Thank Gary H
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Found this place while walking downtown Idaho Falls. Situated right across the street from the Colonial Theatre and we loved it. Service was quick and the food was great, and at a great price. I'd recommend to anybody, especially those who appreciate good lighting.

1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed February 9, 2013

First off, I wanted to take my wife to a wonderful Italian dinner for our anniversary. I made reservations so we wouldn't have to wait for a possible problem in being seated, for a relaxed evening where we would be seated easily and start our anniversary dinner. An evening un-incumbered with any problems so we could be relaxed and enjoy each other and celebrate our time together. After looking up the menu online I thought this would be a perfect evening.

We arrived a bit early for our reservations, checked in with the hostess, gave our name and there was no record of me making the reservation. Dang!! My Anniversary night started off not going the way I had planned. Thankfully the hostess said that there was no problem and they would seat us.

After we were seated, our waitress contacted us in a fairly timely manner, and explained the menu and appetizers in a fairly adequate manner. The noise in the reastaurant was a bit overwhelming with the staff feeling very free to mingle with the pre-marriage planning party, that was there testing wine for an upcoming wedding (my assumption) and drinking wine with them freely.

The menu offered looked wonderful as well as the appetizers. The waitress took and placed our order in a fairly efficient manner, but the wine party and the staff were so loud that my wife and I couldn't carry on a comfortable conversation.

As things progressed, our appetizers arrived, which were ok, our dinner salads arrived, which were ok, and then our entre arrived which was ok. But, still the staff and other patrons were so noisy that we couldn't have a conversation. All in all, very different from what I had planned for an anniversary dinner with my wife.

I rated this a three, generously, because I think that this place has potential to be a great restaurant if managment and staff act professionally and not mingle with patrons as if they were in a local hook up bar.

Would I take my wife there again? No!

1  Thank PPacker1964
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Tried it tonight, the restaurant is done very nice but there were some weird acoustics in there I could hear every one but my wife! Server was nice but needs a little more experience. I got the manicotti and it was great, I also liked the stuffed mushrooms. They have a big menu and I'd like to try some other things on it. I'd go back. The Panninis looked good as well! Glad we went, hope they do well, it's nice to have a downtown Italian place to go with snakebite and pechangas.