“One of the better Motel 6 properties”

Motel 6 Idaho Falls
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Los Angeles, California
“One of the better Motel 6 properties”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I had an overnight stay here. The motel appears to have been built for another chain and then recently remodeled to be part of Motel 6. It has the latest Motel 6 decor with faux-hardwood flooring, dark wood-look furniture, flat screen TV built into the wall, and other Euro-style accents. Unlike most older Motel 6 properties, it has interior hallways and the entry points are all key-card accessed for greater security. The night desk clerk was very friendly.

As other reviews said, it's otherwise basic, but clean, and the rooms seem to be larger than those of your typical Motel 6. Even the sheets and bedding are an upgrade from their usual....the pillows are actually decent. The towels, while they won't fool you into thinking you checked into a 5 star hotel, are better than what you usually get from this chain.

My only complaint was noise...after not getting in until nearly midnight, at 6 AM I was awakened by my upstairs neighbor who was walking around his room, presumably with boots on. I could also hear the plumbing of other rooms nearby. A second floor room would probably be better from a noise perspective.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RonTheTraveler
m60056, Manager On Duty in training at Motel 6 Idaho Falls, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you Ron for the great review about our Motel 6 in Idaho Falls Idaho. We appreciate the compliments you have given to us. I will share with my team your suggestions and your compliments.

We hope to see you again soon. We will leave the light on for you.

Peggy Reese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Camrose
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night returning from Vegas. There was nothing at all wrong with the room,it was clean,newly redone and the bed was fairly comfortable. We realize that Motel Six is generally a budget motel and did not have high expectations The room was priced around $60 all taxes included but we saw other motels near the same price with more amenities. We just thought that it should be a little lower priced in relation to the competing hotels that offered breakfast and more amenities for only a small amount more of money. I would noy hesitate to stay here if other properties were full.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TimMicheleCamrose
Thank you Tim for the great review you gave for our Motel 6 in Idaho Falls Idaho. We really appreciate your feedback as it helps us to achieve our goals of bringing you the best possible service that we can.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you in the future. We will leave the lights on for you.
Cody
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Two complaints. I know when staying at motel 6 it's not going to be the ritz, but i do expect the room to be clean. There were two trash cans in the room & one of them was full of someones lunch leftovers. And I didnt check in until after 8PM. The other was the $2.99 charge for wifi, which quit dropping. After an hour of fighting with it they did refund the cost.
Over all the place was nice, with the exception of the above. It was very modern looking as someone mentioned.

I travel extensively, spending upwards of 60+ nights per year in motels.

• Stayed November 2012
Woking, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is in a good location near the interstate and the falls. It is also next door to a family restaurant (called Bradys, I think) which serves an outstanding breakfast and was very well patronised when I was there. The room had been redecorated fairly recently, the bed was comfortable, there was a tv on the wall and the bathroom looked to have been refitted. There was only a shower, no bath. My only issue with the room was that the door frame was damaged where it looked like someone had tried to force the door – I reported this and it seemed the people on reception were unaware of it. I did not have any problems though I did put something heavy in front of the door while I was asleep. There were a lot of dogs staying at the motel when I was there. Good wifi signal (costs $2.99 per day).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here last summer and wanted to try it again in August of this year as my son enjoys the pool. We had a great experience. It was one of the better Motel Sixes we have stayed in and the price was cheaper than many. Plus, I and my son had a great time in the pool on a hot August day. We had a small problem wiht our reservation and the manager (Varvara) and possibly the assistant manager (Mitch) made a great effort to solve our problem and refund us a couple of dollars. These little reservation problems can be irritating so it was nice that they helped me in such a friendly and efficient manner.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Buda, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

After 5 nites on the road, & our first stay at a Motel 6, we didn't expect much, & we weren't disappointed. For $59/nite, you'd think there'd be a mini-fridge, Kleenex, a clock, free internet & microwave. All the other motels we stayed at had all of the above, & some were cheaper than this one.
From now on, we will avoid Motel 6, if possible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

Meadville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed here one night on a road trip. We knew how highly rated it was on tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. It was pretty clean, though there were hairs in the shower/sink and dust around the mattresses. The shower design was really interesting with the spout hanging above the curtain. Water pressure was good, the tv was impressive, the facility in general was nice. The beds were quite thin and on a platform which made them way to firm for our tastes. But, it was quite cheap, so I was expecting a lot more. Cost us around $65.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family