“The Race to the Pole”

Museum of Idaho
Ranked #2 of 31 things to do in Idaho Falls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Museum of Idaho is the intermountain west's premier museum in providing nationally and internationally acclaimed exhibits to the surrounding areas. Showcasing both traveling and permanent exhibits, we are dedicated to preserving and educating the public in the sciences, the humanities, and the natural and cultural history. MUSEUM IS CLOSED FROM MAY 30 -JUNE 23 June 23 - Nov 25, 2017 SPACE: A JOURNEY TO OUR FUTURE A highly interactive exhibition that ignites the desire for space exploration and discovery, sparking imaginations and inspiring new generations of explorers to dream of the possibilities that lie ahead. August 18-21, 2017 ECLIPSE SPEAKER SERIES check out our website for a list of astronomical events surrounding Eclipse 2017. December 6, 2017 10TH ANNUAL TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY Dec. 7 - December 31, 2017 OLDE FASHIONED CHRISTMAS AND WINTER FESTIVALS FREE to the public! The Museum of Idaho, the city of Idaho Falls, and the Interfaith Council are proud to announce the 10th annual Olde Fashioned Christmas and Winter Festivals presented by Chesbro Music Co. We feature a new addition each year along with your traditional favorites including nativity scenes from around the world, a collection of Santa Claus figurines, gingerbread houses, beautifully decorated trees, and also a celebration of other winter festivals. Check our website for a list of featured live music throughout the exhibition. *Dates subject to change. Please call the Museum of Idaho or check our website to verify*
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is a "top of the line" exhibition, usually reserved for large venues. The Museum of Idaho, in Idaho Falls, was very fortunate to procure this outstanding exhibit! I thoroughly enjoyed the entire tour. Get it while it's hot!

2  Thank Bobby B

Reviewed May 28, 2014

GO GO GO!!! The presentation at the Museum of Idaho are FANTASTIC! For a town the size of Idaho Falls we get some of the best presentations. The current event about the Artic Explorers is only in two cities in the USA. If you are taking a break before heading on to Jackson or Yellowstone this is your best bet. The currator always does a great job, has tons of information about the exhibits, and is supper friendly. He wants people to enjoy the exhibit and to understand everything about the exhibit. Take the time to go and ENJOY! Then take a little time to enjoy Idaho Falls, we have a lot to share.

2  Thank cj o
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We have seen several exhibits at the Museum of Idaho. My favorite is the permanent exhibit of Idaho History and culture. It's also nice that they continue to update and offer new exhibits. It has been educational for us to take our children and grandchildren to the museum. My only complaint is the cost. It has not been very busy when we have gone and I think more people would visit if admission was not so high.

1  Thank Laurie A
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

The brochure I had said there was a t-Rex display and a mammoth. When we got there I saw no sign of either. Granted I didn't get through the whole museum due to my grandpas leg but still. Other than that it was awesome. I learned a lot of stuff I really didn't know about. It was very informative.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have been going to this particular museum for many years. They always get interesting exhibits that are worth seeing. The ones that I have seen were Sue the T-Rex, mammoths, robotic bugs, the Bible and dead sea scrolls, Bodies the Exhibit and many others. Each time I have gone I have always came out more enlightened about our world. I would always recommend that everybody should go to it.