“Tower rooms are good value”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
durango,co
“Tower rooms are good value”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed in a tower room which was very large and quite nice. Not sure about the addition next door, probably wouldn't stay there (see other travelers' reviews). There were no noise problems except the AC was loud (which doesn't bother us, but might keep some people awake). The breakfast in the adjoining restaurant was excellent.

Room Tip: Stick to the tower rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Durangojohn,
Thank you so much for your review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our tower. I will pass your accolades for breakfast to our chef! He is always happy to hear when people enjoy his food.

Enjoy an incredible day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Clontarf, Queensland
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel turned out to be one of the best value places on our recent trip through the central US. Thank goodness (on this occasion), we didn't take too much notice of some of the recent (July) postings on TA. I presume some people will never be happy.

We arrived early but were booked in and given a lovely spacious room on about the fifth floor. It had a beautiful view from the balcony over the falls.The room had all we needed with a decent sitting area, fridge etc, etc and a wifi that worked well.

The breakfast was one of the best, it was buffet, it had variety and it was plentiful with friendly and attentive staff. There was also coffee always available in the lobby.

The hotel was located conveniently to the city center and everything was within walking distance, shops, bars and restaurants. If you have the inclination, I would recommend a small bar/restaurant across the railroad in town called D'railed, it was great, perhaps have a look at it on TA.

There is also a nice walk by the river if you turn left out of the hotel and follow the path.

I don't think any one could be disappointed with the value the hotel on the falls affords. I gave it a mark of four because it was obvious the decor did need a revamp, but that didn't detract from the nice stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the round building and it looks the best option.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve P
Steve P,

Thank you! We love your review. I am so happy to hear that you really enjoyed your experience despite your worries coming in because of some of the reviews. We are working diligently to make this the best place possible within the perimeters we are given.

We hope to see you here again! I wish you the most amazing autumn!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

What a beautiful location. It is on the edge of the falls, right in the downtown and walking distance to anything. It is really great location but the hotel is so outdated and the rooms are so tired that I would not stay here again. They advertise the round building but it is a small old tired room in the back in a two-story concrete building that you get by the pool with very low end tenants staying in the neighboring room. This is as bad as a low-end Motel 6. Holy cow, the bathroom is at least 25 or 30 years old, and shows every minute. The front desk staff is mostly teenagers with no responsibility nor respect for the guests. Noise from the room for both nights we stayed there was very loud and raucous. Breakfast, however, was spectacular with eggs and bacon and grits, and as nice as you will find anywhere. Maybe the brown building rooms were nicer? C- is a kind rating.

DavidPlate,

I am so sorry to hear that you had concerns during your stay! Unfortunately not all of our rooms have been renovated yet (there are three still slated for the upgrade). It sounds like you had one of those. I do apologize for the imperfect, older room. We definitely like to provide our newer, fresher, and more inviting rooms every instance possible.

The noise should have been kept at a minimum, so I sincerely apologize about the lack of follow through about enforcing that. Our desk agents are a bit younger, but they are learning splendidly and constantly are improving.

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is always helpful to hear from our guests so we can continually work toward improving to be the best out there. Please do not hesitate to call me if there is anything I can do for you.

Enjoy a brilliant day!
Herriman
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This is in a great location just off the freeway and walking distance to restaurants and across the street from the river and falls. Walking trails along the river and great views overlooking the river

Colin66Herriman,

Thank you for your short and sweet review! We are truly lucky to have such a wonderful location next to the falls and beautiful walking area. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Have an utterly fantastic week!
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Very nice rooms and beds were amazing. Water pressure off the charts. Staff helpful and cheerful! Manager Tom treated us Tennessee folk very well! Thank you for an amazing experience. Right across from the beautiful falls. Paid $90 after taxes for the room. What a steal!

PuroKelli-

I am so glad to hear you loved your stay! Tom is pretty great. We are so fortunate to have him on our team. I am happy to hear he was able to make your stay memorable.

I wish you the most outstanding autumn!
Nixa
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The service was excellent for our Rally. The room was very clean and the management was accommodating when I needed to change rooms. The breakfast buffet was tasty and had a wonderful variety.

There were a few things that would have made the week even better. The bed was like sleeping in a hammock. The air conditioning unit was VERY loud. There is a knob missing on the air conditioner in room 375.

Room Tip: The Tower rooms are really nice although they are not by the pool. We were too busy riding to use t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Maria W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Ronnie A,
It was a delight to have you and the rest of the COG rally stay with us! I am glad to hear that everyone was treated well and you liked the food. I will pass that compliment onto our Chef. I do apologize about the maintenance items that needed attention.

I hope you have a wonderful autumn!
Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

A night's stay as part of a US roadtrip. Huge room, good bed, coffee machine and TV. Dated, but effective shower . Ok breakfast - my husband enjoyed the eggs and bacon, I enjoyed my early run along the lovely riverside walk. We had great service for our evening meal in the restaurant and enjoyed our salads and beer.

• Stayed September 2013
Maria W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
AnneCowdale,

Thank you for you very kind review! I do believe we are very fortunate in our prime location by the falls and the serene park. I am glad you were able to try out our Westbank Restaurant and enjoyed the food!

I wish you the best for your remaining tour of the US.

Enjoy an incredible day!