“Comfy hotel picturesque location”
Review of Hotel on the Falls

and 1 more site!
Hotel on the Falls
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Buxton, United Kingdom
“Comfy hotel picturesque location”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

A night's stay as part of a US roadtrip. Huge room, good bed, coffee machine and TV. Dated, but effective shower . Ok breakfast - my husband enjoyed the eggs and bacon, I enjoyed my early run along the lovely riverside walk. We had great service for our evening meal in the restaurant and enjoyed our salads and beer.

• Stayed September 2013
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
AnneCowdale,

Thank you for you very kind review! I do believe we are very fortunate in our prime location by the falls and the serene park. I am glad you were able to try out our Westbank Restaurant and enjoyed the food!

I wish you the best for your remaining tour of the US.

Enjoy an incredible day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Mpls
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was there for a recent gathering with a couple of hundred people. The place looks pretty dated from the street and it's architecture, but the inside is up to date and appears recently remodeled. Very fair pricing, HUGE rooms and great service. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I had a nice view of the falls from the balcony.

Room Tip: Ask for the Falls view in the tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
BrianinMN,

Thank you for your review! It was a pure delight to have your group stay with us! I hope that should you chose Idaho Falls again, we will have the honor of hosting.

Enjoy an incredible autumn!
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place has a prime location on the river and falls, with plenty of walks along the river in addition to the usual amnities.Rooms were spacious and good for views.Staff were fine.The hotel itslef looks a little mature, but is OK.The restaurant service was let doen by inadequate staffing, and despite the best efforts of the few staff, service was not good.Howver the bre pub up the street offers a superb alternative.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ruuner002,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and restaurant. I am so sorry to hear that the service was subpar. I apologize the staff wasn't adequate at the time and will look into adding more servers during the busy times. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Idaho Falls and we would certainly love to have you come back!

I wish you the best of everything for the rest of this year!
Sanford, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel on the Falls for a motorcycle rally. It is an older property but is well maintained. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The on site restaurant and lounge were clean and provided decent food at a reasonable price. If I were to return to Idaho Falls, this would be a likely place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Eddie M,

Thank you so much for your review! It was a delight to have your rally stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed your time here and we defiantly hope you come back through Idaho Falls!

I wish you an incredible autumn!
Rangeley ME
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Staying in the tower with a view of the falls was well worth it. The room was large and included a table where we could eat. Room service from the restaurant was fine. The park along the falls was well-maintained. It was a busy summer weekend and I was struck by how happy all of the people strolling along seemed to be.

Room Tip: Rooms on the tower with a view of the falls are well worth it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
HikerB_13,

Thank you for your review. I agree the park is simply wonderful. I am so glad we had the opportunity to have you stay with us while you were in Idaho Falls. We hope to see you again soon.

Enjoy an incredible end of summer!
Montana
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I came here for a convention. After reading the reviews here, I hedged my bet by making a reservation at a different place, just in case. I did take the room at the Falls. My big question is what is everyone nitpicking about? Yes, the building and grounds need some TLC. Paint peeling, weeds growing,etc. but both rooms I was shown - both tower and poolside, were completely a surprise. The tower rooms are HUGE, with a large balcony. I didn't take it because I did not want to deal with an elevator.
So- the much maligned pool rooms? Clean, spacious, a mini frig, microwave, huge granite bath counter, tiled tub surround, , hair dryer, amenities, coffee supplies. What more do people want?
I would stay here again. Hopefully they will be able to get at the landscaping and painting in the off season.
All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Tower view of falls in huge demand. Meh. The falls are more like a runoff.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
shezonit,

Thank you for your review! I appreciate hearing from our guests to know what is working and what needs attention. I have instructed my maintenance department to pay better attention to the grounds. Thank you.

I look forward to having you stay with us again!
Enjoy a great day!
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hello I been staying at this hotel for many years now and it's been a good experience for me but tho last time I stayed it was vary different the coffee pots was by the sink with hair on the cups and to me it looked like dried tooth past on them maybe from the splashing but not sure, the beds field like the was just through together and not even changed I hate to say the bad but it was a good place but not now l.... At least the customer service was good.....

• Stayed August 2013
Young5150,

Thank you for taking time to review the hotel. I agree the hotel isn't as great as it used to be and that was why I was recently hired. I am trying to get it back to the old glory. We have tried to make a few changes. Some have worked and some have not. We definitely are strong believers of exceptionally clean. I sincerely apologize that the room you were given were not up to our standards or yours. I will address the situation with the appropriate housekeeper.

Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you!

Enjoy an incredible autumn!

Travelers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels