“Great Location on the river”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place has a prime location on the river and falls, with plenty of walks along the river in addition to the usual amnities.Rooms were spacious and good for views.Staff were fine.The hotel itslef looks a little mature, but is OK.The restaurant service was let doen by inadequate staffing, and despite the best efforts of the few staff, service was not good.Howver the bre pub up the street offers a superb alternative.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Maria W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Ruuner002,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and restaurant. I am so sorry to hear that the service was subpar. I apologize the staff wasn't adequate at the time and will look into adding more servers during the busy times. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Idaho Falls and we would certainly love to have you come back!

I wish you the best of everything for the rest of this year!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel on the Falls for a motorcycle rally. It is an older property but is well maintained. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The on site restaurant and lounge were clean and provided decent food at a reasonable price. If I were to return to Idaho Falls, this would be a likely place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Maria W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Eddie M,

Thank you so much for your review! It was a delight to have your rally stay with us! I am glad you enjoyed your time here and we defiantly hope you come back through Idaho Falls!

I wish you an incredible autumn!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Staying in the tower with a view of the falls was well worth it. The room was large and included a table where we could eat. Room service from the restaurant was fine. The park along the falls was well-maintained. It was a busy summer weekend and I was struck by how happy all of the people strolling along seemed to be.

Room Tip: Rooms on the tower with a view of the falls are well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Maria W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

HikerB_13,

Thank you for your review. I agree the park is simply wonderful. I am so glad we had the opportunity to have you stay with us while you were in Idaho Falls. We hope to see you again soon.

Enjoy an incredible end of summer!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I came here for a convention. After reading the reviews here, I hedged my bet by making a reservation at a different place, just in case. I did take the room at the Falls. My big question is what is everyone nitpicking about? Yes, the building and grounds need some TLC. Paint peeling, weeds growing,etc. but both rooms I was shown - both tower and poolside, were completely a surprise. The tower rooms are HUGE, with a large balcony. I didn't take it because I did not want to deal with an elevator.
So- the much maligned pool rooms? Clean, spacious, a mini frig, microwave, huge granite bath counter, tiled tub surround, , hair dryer, amenities, coffee supplies. What more do people want?
I would stay here again. Hopefully they will be able to get at the landscaping and painting in the off season.
All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Tower view of falls in huge demand. Meh. The falls are more like a runoff.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Maria W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

shezonit,

Thank you for your review! I appreciate hearing from our guests to know what is working and what needs attention. I have instructed my maintenance department to pay better attention to the grounds. Thank you.

I look forward to having you stay with us again!
Enjoy a great day!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hello I been staying at this hotel for many years now and it's been a good experience for me but tho last time I stayed it was vary different the coffee pots was by the sink with hair on the cups and to me it looked like dried tooth past on them maybe from the splashing but not sure, the beds field like the was just through together and not even changed I hate to say the bad but it was a good place but not now l.... At least the customer service was good.....

• Stayed: August 2013

Young5150,

Thank you for taking time to review the hotel. I agree the hotel isn't as great as it used to be and that was why I was recently hired. I am trying to get it back to the old glory. We have tried to make a few changes. Some have worked and some have not. We definitely are strong believers of exceptionally clean. I sincerely apologize that the room you were given were not up to our standards or yours. I will address the situation with the appropriate housekeeper.

Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you!

Enjoy an incredible autumn!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We asked for a room in the tower with a view of the falls and were amply rewarded with just that. Best of all was the sound of the river rapids below, serenading us to sleep was a relaxing highlight of our stay. The hotel shows its age around the edges, not as updated as a major chain hotel but it was clean, roomy, and the price came in a bit lower than nearby chain hotels. If you value supporting local, small business this place deserves your support and the view just can't be beat. We would stay there again, be sure to ask about a tower room with a view.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the river, no other reason to choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Greg T,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so excited to hear that you were able to enjoy the melodic ambiance of the falls. I hope we will be able to have the privilege of having you stay with us again in the future!

Have a magnificent and wonderful week!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have to admit that the recent reviews of this place almost caused me to change my reservation, but I'm glad I didn't.

The staff was great; we shared a few laughs with the guy at the check in counter when we got there. Our room was clean and almost exactly as pictured on the website with a great view of the falls. Sure, the place could use a few touch-ups, but I'm really not sure what everyone has been complaining about. The bed was comfy. Breakfast was good with friendly service.

My only complaint is that the shot of Jameson I ordered at the bar tasted like it was either watered down or simply not Jameson... although that wouldn't keep me from coming back here.

All in all it was a good stay, even if just for one night.

Review by someone who has stayed in hotels and hostels all over the world.

• Stayed: August 2013

Lilly_gator,

Thank you so much for giving us a chance despite the previous poor reviews. I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay and have a chuckle or two with the guest service agent when you checked in. I do apologize about the Jameson. I will check with the Lounge to see why it didn't taste accurate.

I do hope to see you in the future! Enjoy!