“Excellent Customer Service”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I would just like to give kudos to Brady Kraupp and the staff at Hotel on the Falls in Idaho Falls, ID. Our baseball team has stayed at this hotel several times over the years. We have always been treated with respect and made to feel extremely welcome at this property. Brady works very hard to accomodate our big groups, crazy schedules and parents coming and going from games. I always recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to the Idaho Falls area. Thank you Hotel on the Falls crew!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Falls!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Maria W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

TFHawks,
Thank you for the kind review! Brady surely does do well to try to improve guests experience while at our hotel. I am glad we were able to make your trip go smoothly and you were able to have a great experience.

Enjoy a marvelous day!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night, Two couples arrived to see a nice tower of accommodation. We were in the annexe around the pool. At the time we there 17th july the pool area looked derelict and looked like it had not been used for years. The decor of the whole area looked like it needed a good makeover, The room was not too my standard, dated and dark not particulary clean. Could not wait too leave. Iwould pay more and go elsewhere

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Susan6052,

I am so sorry about your less than stellar stay. I know that during that time period our pool wasn’t in working order and it did cause the whole area to look quite dismal. Fortunately, it is working now and several guests are enjoying it. I also apologize that the room wasn’t bright and refreshing. I know while traveling, I certainly like to have rooms that are light properly and look modern.

Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you!

I hope you have a terrific rest of the summer!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent one night here and we left with a very positive memory. The place is located right across from the falls and a park. We set our alarm clock early and caught a beautiful sunrise over the mountains from our 7th floor room.
The staff at the front desk is young, and while it was evident that they work hard, I would suggest that they get a little more assertive with rude patrons. I was discussing the upcoming sunrise the night before with the clerk on duty when another patron walked up and said "excuse me" and then proceded to start a lengthier dialog about her concerns. I was not happy that the clerk did not cut her off and tell her she was already with a customer. I did this on my own and was able to get the clerk's attention back to me. Again, she was young and she was trying to please everyone which is usually impossible.
The room was very nice and spacious, the location can't be beat, the included breakfast was better than average, and the pricing was more than fair.

Room Tip: A room on an upper floor facing the falls is worth a few more dollars
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Lew H,
Than you for your review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate getting comments to know how to better serve our guests. We are very fortunate to have such a lovely view of the falls! I am so glad you were able to enjoy its breathtaking sunrise splendor.

I do apologize about the guest situation. I hope that we will be able to have you stay with us in the future!

Enjoy a million beautiful summer sunrises!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I had seen several poor reviews of this hotel on this, and other sites. My experience was nothing to complain about, so here's my review. I stayed for a single night in August of 2013. I stayed in one of the poolside rooms -- part of a mid-century complex build next to the tower. The pool was clean and recently refurbished. The curfew on the pool is 10pm, so noisy revelers aren't allowed to keep you up all night. The room was spacious, the bathroom was recently renovated and it was exactly what I expected for the price I paid.

The breakfast buffet (free to hotel guests) was prepared in their onsite kitchen, and was superior to most chain-hotel fare. The wifi was a it hit and miss, and the TV was a bit dated, but I wasn't inconvenienced by any of it.

In short, this is a nice, non-chain hotel, right by the falls and near all of the major highways. My experience was completely positive.

Room Tip: If you want a good view of the river, make sure to request it when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

James B,

Thank you for you very nice review. I do think we have great potential and I am glad you were able to see it. I'm sorry the WiFi wasn't working well. I have called our contracted company to see how they can improve that for our guests.

I hope you have a wonderful remainder of the summer!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We spent one night on our return trip from Jackson Hole to catch a flight at Idaho Falls. Brandon helped us. Their shuttle was out of order and Brandon made all arrangements for our airport transfer thru a local taxi at hotel expense. This hotel is located rite on the falls and is close to many great restaurants within walking distance. Rooms are average and clean with good airconditioning

Room Tip: Try to stay at their main building
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Jagar S,

Thank you for you review. I am glad Brandon was able to help accommodate. I feel we are very lucky to have such a spectacular view.

Enjoy a great summer!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Disgusting. Never stay here unless you like dirty rooms, sheets that have not been laundered and the strong smell of BenGay ointment left over from the in laundered sheets of the previous guest. How this hotel gets 3 stars is a joke. Pay the extra 30 dollars for a room at the next hotel over.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Xtklp

Xtklp,

I am so incredibly sorry your stay wasn’t good. I have shared your comments with my Executive Housekeeper and reitteated to her the unacceptable status of the room you rented.

I sincerely apologize. Please contact me directly if there is anything that I can do for you.

I hope the rest of your trip was every bit as wonderful as you dreamed.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

After all of the arguing over staying in a room with a roll away for our daughter, the room ended up having a sofa sleeper which easily accommodated our daughter. We said on the phone, "we would love to get a roll-away for our two year old." If the response had been, "Theres a pull out couch, will that work?" We would have been PERFECTLY happy, however, the customer service was only focused on the question we asked and telling us no, and not actually providing a solution.
If you are booked "Poolside", just sleep in your car. The pool for us was actually not a problem, it was decent, but COLD (which was not the hotels fault!) The Conference Center that was right across from our door had a "Live Band" playing until 1AM... LOUDLY. We could hear EVERY word the DJ said, and we could hear the half dozen drinking/smoking people talking, cursing, and yelling to eachother, all while leaning on the outside wall to our room. When we called the front desk at midnight to complain about the noise we were told "They should be leaving soon...." and that was all. The dozens of cigarette butts in this area make the sign in the lobby that says "This is a Smoke Free Facility" rather comical.
The Ice Machine was in the opposite corner from where we were, and when we walked there, it was actually just a sign saying the ice machine was out of order on a glass door with an empty hole behind it. We then had to walk to the lobby in search of ice/soda. The lobby vending machine only had ONE type of soda available, the other 4 sodas were out.
We were trying to connect to the WiFi (since we couldn't sleep due to previously mentioned OBNOXIOUS party), and we called the front desk for the password. They told us that because we couldn't see their network popping up like they said that it must be an issue with our computer. Our two iphones, ipad and a laptop DID however see the network popping up for the hotel down the street... but apparently it was OUR problem that the network wasn't available... so therefore, we didn't have WiFi...
After a LOOOOONG night, morning revealed we had an overnight guest sleeping with us that we were unaware of... dead beetles in between the sheets in both the King Bed AND the Sofa Sleeper that our tiny two year old was sleeping in. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only thing we can say positively about this hotel was that the restaurant was good for dinner, and the continental breakfast included with the room was decent.
To Sum Up: WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE we have EVER had!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jbjenk13
Maria W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Jbjenk13,
I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your terrible experience at our hotel from reservation to check out. This is definitely not the type of quality service we are working toward returning to. I apologize when you stayed our guest service agent, who is hired to specifically help guests with every aspect of their stay, was less than his/her best. I also apologize for the band playing until 1 AM, the ice machine not working, the vending machine being out of stock, WIFI not working (and the lack of front desk’s help to resolve the problem), and most certainly the bugs in the room. I have called our pest control company to come out again to get rid of all the bugs. My Lead Maintenance Engineer has confirmed with me that the poolside ice machine has been fixed. I will be following up with the Lounge about the live music ending no later than 10:30 in the evenings.

I apologize again about your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to talk about your stay further.