“Very Good place to stay in Idaho Falls, ID”
Review of Hotel on the Falls

and 1 more site!
Hotel on the Falls
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Baton Rouge, La
“Very Good place to stay in Idaho Falls, ID”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived inn Idaho Falls around 11pm and made it to the hotel close to midnight. The staff
was extremely helpful and got us to our rooms quickly. They were large, clean and well
equipped...king size bed, couch, desk & chair, microwave & coffee pot. We were told to visit
the restaurant the next morning for the breakfast buffet which we did. Not just cold cereal and
make your own waffles but eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, english muffins & bread to toast
along with cereal, milk & yogurt. In addition--REAL PEOPLE to get your coffee and help you if
needed it. We were thoroughly impressed with the friendliness of everyone who helped us--from the shuttle from the airport to the front desk late at night. The view was great too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Michele N.,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you were able to have an enjoyable experience at our hotel. I will pass your appreciation on the guest service agents working the evening you arrived and let the chef know breakfast is going well!

I hope to see you again in the future. Enjoy a marvelous day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This an older property and is showing it's age. Nice big room, but very outdated, but for the most part clean. No table and chairs. A sofa, club chair and ottoman, very old box TV. The star in this place is the view from a very spacious balcony..of the falls, river and beautiful green belt that runs beside as well as the little park accross from the hotel with fun animal benches, great place for photos......however NO chairs on balcony to sit and enjoy it...

Uncomfortable bed, too hard/worn out, poor quality linen and towels, very thin and small. Pulled back the bedspread to very wrinkled up sheets..YUK! Not very inviting, it did smell clean however, I think they were just left in the dryer to wrinkle. Terrible flat worn out pillows.

Ice and vending machines are on odd # floors only...they do have an assortment of microwave food, nice... if you show up tired and hungry, but no utencils or napkins provided. The machines do take credit cards, which was a conveinence.

The bar and restaurant in the midst of remodel, which they need. Food just ok..cheep drinks and 20% food discount if you show your key. All in all way over priced, would not stay aging, without remodel.

Room Tip: Rooms with view of falls ... But bring your own chairs!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BEVSF,

Thank you for your review. We are fortunate to have a beautiful view. I appreciate your thoroughness in your review as it brings to attention a great perspective of you the guest. We are looking into the possibility of getting chairs for the balconies and updating the rooms.

I hope you enjoyed a wonderful vacation/ trip.
Garland, Utah
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have stayed here before and were quite happy. This time, not so much. It was a family trip, so I make reservations based on a swimming pool. The swimming pool was broken. Apparently, that wasn't something they thought they needed to share. We had reservations for 2 nights, after threatening to leave after one night, we were offered the use of the pool at a nearby hotel. Why was that not offered at check-in? Our room was large, but outdated. The sink would only trickle water. You could barely brush your teeth. The shower ran out of hot water extremely fast. When we were ready to check-out, we waited and waited for the elevator, but it never came. Finally we found someone to ask. The elevator was out of order, but there was no sign to state that. So we got to lug our bags and cooler down 5 flights of stairs.

The location can't be beat. The price was low. But I will have to think long and hard about stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room with a view of the falls.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bscabow
Bscabow,

Thank you for the review of your stay. I am so sorry the pool was not operational for you and communication of that wasn’t given you before you arrived. Thankfully the pool will be ready this weekend! Unfortunately that doesn’t help your experience, but do know that your comments have been used constructively. In addition to reopening the pool we are implementing several programs through more training to make sure all areas of the hotel and restaurant guarantee a great guest experience.

I have shared your comments with my maintenance department and they are working to ensure all rooms have adequate water pressure and the elevators are in good working order.

I hope you will give us another try. Please contact me directly and I will be happy to get you special accommodations.

Travelers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

California
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel on the Falls last night, which was our anniversary. The lovely people at the desk gave us a room with a side view of the falls, which was gorgeous.. The room was large and very nice.

Here, however, are the negatives: no hand towels and the breakfast, though free, was not the best buffet (there were tablecloths, though, so it felt nice). My husband insists that I add that he would have trouble giving a 5 to a hotel that has only plastic drinking glasses.

I'd be very happy to stay here again, so you can see it's almost a 5....

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view! We forgot to specify this, and you can't always play the anniversary...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Doolang,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that the guest service agents helped make your anniversary (congratulations!!!) special. We are working on getting better inventory control in place so hand towels will be plentiful. We are excited to have you stay with us again in the future!

I wish you the best of the best today!
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Visited Idaho Falls on a business trip to INL. Stayed on 6th floor overlooking Snake River and could see the mountains in the distance. Went running on the path around the river. Wished I would have had time to see more, but not sure there was much more in Idaho Falls to see. If you do decide to visit and stay here, make sure you stay in the high rise building at not the annex. Rooms there have outside doors and no elevator to get to 2nd floor. Hotel could use some sprucing up, but it served it's purpose. When we checked in on Sunday night the night desk clerk might not have been the smartest guy available.

Room Tip: Stay in taller building on upper floors. Do not stay over where pool is located
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Maria W, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Will1989,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. You are correct we are fortunate to have a beautiful view. We are working to “spruce the place up” so we can better serve our guests.
Have a marvelous summer!
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel and they had three people helping one customer, and there were maybe 5 of us waiting to get helped. When I got to my room the view I had was of other hotels, even though I paid for the room with a view of the falls. I ordered room service, food was cold, fries were dry, there was nasty hair in my food and about 30 minutes after my kids ate they got really sick, diareah and vomiting. I called the kitchen and they not only didnt answer but never called back, I ended up going down to the front desk where they were being very apologetic. when the kitchen person came up to my room to give me my money back she gave me $5!!!! She pretty much called me a liar because none of her kitchen staff had the same hair color as the hair I found, then called me a bad mother because food poisoning doesnt happen that fast, it takes 24hrs, and I had probably fed them something that made them sick and I should watch what I gave them. I would NEVER recomend this hotel, it was the worst experience I've ever had!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Fregoso31
Fregoso31,
I want to sincerely apologize for all the difficulties you encountered while staying at the Hotel on the Falls. You should never had to deal with cold food, illness, and especially a staff member treating you in such fashion. Since I was recently hired, I have begun to retrain all staff on the extreme importance of quality value, reservation integrity, and top notch guest service.

If you feel inclined to give us another chance to see the changes we are making, please contact me directly.

I wish you the best for the remainder of this summer!
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I chose this hotel and booked it on hotels.com where it was rated as a 3/5 star hotel. I was not impressed with the condition of the room (it smelled lightly of vomit) and there were spider webs with dead bugs over the vanity. We had to wait for 10 minutes to check in and were not informed that there was a complimentary breakfast. The rate I paid on the hotels.com site was more than the standard rate charged at the hotel too, also frustrating. I was expecting to stay in the main hotel not the adjacent building by the empty pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kameron B,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am sorry that your stay wasn’t what you expected. We should be able to exceed expectations and not fall far short of them. My staff and I are working very diligently to improve the hotel in all areas. We do have the pool back up and running and guests are enjoying the clear waters! I hope to see you in the future so we can show you how we used your comments constructively. Have an enjoyable day!