“Great Value”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have to totally disagree with the person who says "DO NOT STAY HERE" I recently stayed at this property over the holidays and found it to be one of the best values I have experienced in long time. The staff was exceptional, my internet worked great, the room was updated and was very clean. The views from this hotel are amazing. Its central location to nearby restaurants, the histroic downtown and it being on the Falls itself make this the "must stay" property in town.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Hotelonthefalls, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm very glad to hear that you had such a pleasant stay, we strive to exceed guest expectations here at the Hotel on the Falls. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you travel through this area again, we would love to have you as a guest again.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I just stayed here and it was horrible! Very old establishment, horrible breakfast, and they don't even have real room service. Internet didn't work and staff was rude and incompetent. Seriously, you get what you pay for. STAY AT THE HILTON.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cconyers
Hotelonthefalls, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

I'm very sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. It is not common for our guests to have complaints such as yours. We strive to give all of our guests the highest level of service. While our building is an older building we are constantly renovating and upgrading our rooms to reflect a high standard for our guests to enjoy along with our view. Please contact me personally if you are ever in the area again, I would love to speak with you and make sure that your next visit to Idaho Falls and stay with us meets and exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

The only reason I gave this hotel a less than average rating is due to the poor internet service, and lack of willingness of the staff to try and resolve this issue. The room itself was nice. It's clean, and up to date aside from the old TV. But anyway, I was here for 6 nights, and on the first night I tried to connect to the internet which was very easy but thats as far as I got. Connected. I had a full signal, and there was nothing wrong with my connection, but when I try checking my email it wouldn't even load the page. I called the tech support number that was provided on a card in the room and they said they would have to call the front desk because they couldn't even log on due to it being so slow. I waited a few hours and still nothing. The next day I tried it again and couldnt get anywhere so I called the front desk. The girl said someone would fix it. I waited an hour or so and my computer was connected the whole time. Apparently they didn't even bother to reset anything because it never disconnected me. I called back and she said "well ours is working fine here at the front desk." WTF?! "I think she reset it a while ago." I said "Are you sure it's the same wireless router? I am on the 6th floor you know." "Oh ya its the same one I'm sure," and she left it at that. I'm thinking how in the hell could one router be running the whole building? Needless to say I tried a few times, and got sick of feeling like I was a nuisance and I could picture them rolling their eyes as I asked for help. It sounds to me like they get this same question all the time and eventually they just tell you what you want to hear so you will think that it must just be your computer.
Well it's the last day that I'm staying here and I finally got some kind of connection that I could actually use. If you're looking for a place to do some work from and need to send emails then I wouldn't recommend it. If they get this problem fixed then I could see this place being pretty decent.
P.S. Every time someone flushes the toilet upstairs I hear a knocking sound in the bathroom. I think thats why people think the place is haunted.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Hotelonthefalls, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues that you were having with the internet. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and let us know about your stay, it is not at all common for our guests to have problems with the internet, please be assured that this issue has been investigated and resolved. Please let me know if you are ever traveling to this area again, I would be more then happy to make sure that we meet all your needs.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I travel with my wife who is a travel agent. It helps when reviewing hotels because my name isn't mentioned usually during check-in and I can come up with honest reviews.

As soon as I got to this hotel the first thing I noticed was the amazing exterior paint job that they have done since the last time I was here. It really helped the look of the place and I have to say I was very impressed.

Once inside after my wife had checked us in with her travel agent discount(that they honored), I was instantly greeted with a fresh smell that is rare in places of so much useage. It really smelt like home or even better I could say.
Nice sleepy paintings along the walls, and what seemed to be freshly cleaned or made new carpets - not a spec of dust anywhere on the carpet this time.

The elavator was in much better condition as well this time, and I have to say one of the more safe feeling ones I've been in before.

Our room was on the 5th floor tonight, room 583 which gave an amazing view of the water front, temple and just really creates a nice set aside fealing.
The belcony was a pleasent place to smoke as well, while enjoying the sound of the waterfalls and the lights from the temple directly across the easy to cross street outside the hotel.

One thing I realy was impressed with this hotel was it's efforts for being an Eco Friendly enviornment. All of their linens are washed daily so that the useage of water and power to clean them well is reduced over time - and also insures clean bedding every night which was really nice to come too.

For those that like to work out in the morning or late evening, you would definately be impressed with the gym as well. Several work out stations and TVs, not to mention the Jacuzzi that runs 24/7 as well as the dry sauna. I've worked in some very nice hotels before - and this room felt a lot more spacious and airflowing for working out in, I didn't feel the clusterphobicness I usualy do in hotel gyms.

Last but not least the Staff. I would have to say that the hotel desk gentleman was very kind and welcoming. Although he could probably use a little bit of help with his phone skills when directing people on how to connect to the internet, his over all effort was excellent and he smiled each time he met up with my wife and I during this visit so far.
I have yet to meet the morning staff before we take off for a Disney Cruise, but I expect from what I've seen so far that I will not be dissapointed.

Keep it up Hotel on The Falls your coming around!

The reason I felt so compelled to write this review in as much detail as i have, is because this is a hotel that has actually gained much from the reviews posted.
The last time my wife and I stayed here when it was under other managment, it was definately not even half of the quality this hotel is now.

Definately recommend this place of the ones in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm very glad to hear that you had such a pleasant stay, we take great pride in guest satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you travel through this area again, I would be happy to help make your stay memorable.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our flight was diverted from BOI to IDA and United put us up here for the night. The airport and local crew were overwhelmed, but the staff of the hotel were classic professionals. They checked us all in, the made sure we had everything, their shuttle drivers and breakfast staff were very qualified. I doubt I ever end up back in idaho falls, but if I do, this is where I will stay

Room Tip: You should try for a view of the river. It isn't much, but it's the best view in the house
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your and your fellow passengers and help meet your needs. Please let us know if you do ever come back to Idaho Falls, we would love to have you as a guest with us again.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were given a room in the tower on the 8th floor. The room was fine and the view was great. In the middle of the night the fire alarm started going off intermittently. After over an hour of this, with assurances that they were working on the problem, we finally checked out and went to a nearby hotel (at 2:30 a.m.) for the rest of the night. When we returned home, we discovered that we were charged for the night!!! Even after the manager assured us that we would not be charged. I know that this was an isolated problem and, if they make our account right, we would try to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotelonthefalls, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the alarm sounding in the night and for the miscommunication regarding your billing, I assure you that this is not a common occurrence. I'm very glad that I was given the opportunity to speak with you on the phone and correct this billing situation. As we discussed on the phone please feel free to contact me directly if you return to our area and I would be happy to personally take care of your reservation and make sure that your stay is a much more positive experience.

Thank You!
Brook

Reviewed September 11, 2012

After waiting in line for about 15 minutes (only one person available for check-in. Where was the manager?), we were given our room. This hotel has two separate room areas. One is known as the "tower", and the other area is "poolside". Our room was in the area classified as poolside. However, it was not beside the pool, It was behind a building that faced the pool. The only thing visible from that room was the back of a wall about 12 feet away.
Inside the room was like the inside of a $39 truck-stop room. The furniture was very old and worn. The couch had been torn and stitched together. I wouldn't sit on it anyway. The TV was an antiquated CRT type sitting inside a cheap entertainment center with a big hole cut out in the back to allow for the back of the picture tube to stick through. The bathroom looked to be about 50 years old. We decided we were going to skip a shower that night because the tub looked so grungy. And then we found out the AC didn't work.
After standing in line at the front desk for another 15 minutes to report the non-working AC, I was assigned another room. This one was also poolside, but on the second floor. And you could see the pool! This room was much nicer, it had been updated. There was stone tile on the floor in the bathroom with new fixtures. A more modern (but still outdated) TV. A major improvement. However, there were two queen sized beds in the room and it was too small for that. One of the beds was inches away from the floor mounted AC and blocked air flow to the rest of the room. In order to get it to work, I had to move the mattress out of the way. That allowed the AC to stay on and cool down the room.
The AC and fan cycled on and off together. So the room would go from quiet (cycled off), to noisy (fan and compressor cycled on) all night long. Very disturbing to a good nights sleep. And to add to that, there must be little to no insulation between rooms. We could hear the person in the room next to ours snoring.
Why did they assign us that old nasty room initially? Why would they think anyone would want to stay in there?
If you have an option, I would suggest you try somewhere else.

Room Tip: We hear the tower rooms were better. Don't settle for poolside.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I'm very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less then perfect. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, we take pride in guest satisfaction and feedback helps us to improve. If you would please give me a call if you are ever traveling to Idaho Falls again I would be happy to personally ensure that we meet your expectations and provide you with an experience that will be memorable.