“Much improved Hotel - excellent experience!”
Review of Hotel on the Falls

and 1 more site!
Hotel on the Falls
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Calgary, Canada
“Much improved Hotel - excellent experience!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I travel with my wife who is a travel agent. It helps when reviewing hotels because my name isn't mentioned usually during check-in and I can come up with honest reviews.

As soon as I got to this hotel the first thing I noticed was the amazing exterior paint job that they have done since the last time I was here. It really helped the look of the place and I have to say I was very impressed.

Once inside after my wife had checked us in with her travel agent discount(that they honored), I was instantly greeted with a fresh smell that is rare in places of so much useage. It really smelt like home or even better I could say.
Nice sleepy paintings along the walls, and what seemed to be freshly cleaned or made new carpets - not a spec of dust anywhere on the carpet this time.

The elavator was in much better condition as well this time, and I have to say one of the more safe feeling ones I've been in before.

Our room was on the 5th floor tonight, room 583 which gave an amazing view of the water front, temple and just really creates a nice set aside fealing.
The belcony was a pleasent place to smoke as well, while enjoying the sound of the waterfalls and the lights from the temple directly across the easy to cross street outside the hotel.

One thing I realy was impressed with this hotel was it's efforts for being an Eco Friendly enviornment. All of their linens are washed daily so that the useage of water and power to clean them well is reduced over time - and also insures clean bedding every night which was really nice to come too.

For those that like to work out in the morning or late evening, you would definately be impressed with the gym as well. Several work out stations and TVs, not to mention the Jacuzzi that runs 24/7 as well as the dry sauna. I've worked in some very nice hotels before - and this room felt a lot more spacious and airflowing for working out in, I didn't feel the clusterphobicness I usualy do in hotel gyms.

Last but not least the Staff. I would have to say that the hotel desk gentleman was very kind and welcoming. Although he could probably use a little bit of help with his phone skills when directing people on how to connect to the internet, his over all effort was excellent and he smiled each time he met up with my wife and I during this visit so far.
I have yet to meet the morning staff before we take off for a Disney Cruise, but I expect from what I've seen so far that I will not be dissapointed.

Keep it up Hotel on The Falls your coming around!

The reason I felt so compelled to write this review in as much detail as i have, is because this is a hotel that has actually gained much from the reviews posted.
The last time my wife and I stayed here when it was under other managment, it was definately not even half of the quality this hotel is now.

Definately recommend this place of the ones in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotelonthefalls, Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm very glad to hear that you had such a pleasant stay, we take great pride in guest satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you travel through this area again, I would be happy to help make your stay memorable.

Brook Barber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Boise Idaho
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our flight was diverted from BOI to IDA and United put us up here for the night. The airport and local crew were overwhelmed, but the staff of the hotel were classic professionals. They checked us all in, the made sure we had everything, their shuttle drivers and breakfast staff were very qualified. I doubt I ever end up back in idaho falls, but if I do, this is where I will stay

Room Tip: You should try for a view of the river. It isn't much, but it's the best view in the house
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your and your fellow passengers and help meet your needs. Please let us know if you do ever come back to Idaho Falls, we would love to have you as a guest with us again.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were given a room in the tower on the 8th floor. The room was fine and the view was great. In the middle of the night the fire alarm started going off intermittently. After over an hour of this, with assurances that they were working on the problem, we finally checked out and went to a nearby hotel (at 2:30 a.m.) for the rest of the night. When we returned home, we discovered that we were charged for the night!!! Even after the manager assured us that we would not be charged. I know that this was an isolated problem and, if they make our account right, we would try to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotelonthefalls, Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the alarm sounding in the night and for the miscommunication regarding your billing, I assure you that this is not a common occurrence. I'm very glad that I was given the opportunity to speak with you on the phone and correct this billing situation. As we discussed on the phone please feel free to contact me directly if you return to our area and I would be happy to personally take care of your reservation and make sure that your stay is a much more positive experience.

Thank You!
Brook
Brazoria, TX
Reviewed September 11, 2012

After waiting in line for about 15 minutes (only one person available for check-in. Where was the manager?), we were given our room. This hotel has two separate room areas. One is known as the "tower", and the other area is "poolside". Our room was in the area classified as poolside. However, it was not beside the pool, It was behind a building that faced the pool. The only thing visible from that room was the back of a wall about 12 feet away.
Inside the room was like the inside of a $39 truck-stop room. The furniture was very old and worn. The couch had been torn and stitched together. I wouldn't sit on it anyway. The TV was an antiquated CRT type sitting inside a cheap entertainment center with a big hole cut out in the back to allow for the back of the picture tube to stick through. The bathroom looked to be about 50 years old. We decided we were going to skip a shower that night because the tub looked so grungy. And then we found out the AC didn't work.
After standing in line at the front desk for another 15 minutes to report the non-working AC, I was assigned another room. This one was also poolside, but on the second floor. And you could see the pool! This room was much nicer, it had been updated. There was stone tile on the floor in the bathroom with new fixtures. A more modern (but still outdated) TV. A major improvement. However, there were two queen sized beds in the room and it was too small for that. One of the beds was inches away from the floor mounted AC and blocked air flow to the rest of the room. In order to get it to work, I had to move the mattress out of the way. That allowed the AC to stay on and cool down the room.
The AC and fan cycled on and off together. So the room would go from quiet (cycled off), to noisy (fan and compressor cycled on) all night long. Very disturbing to a good nights sleep. And to add to that, there must be little to no insulation between rooms. We could hear the person in the room next to ours snoring.
Why did they assign us that old nasty room initially? Why would they think anyone would want to stay in there?
If you have an option, I would suggest you try somewhere else.

Room Tip: We hear the tower rooms were better. Don't settle for poolside.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less then perfect. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review, we take pride in guest satisfaction and feedback helps us to improve. If you would please give me a call if you are ever traveling to Idaho Falls again I would be happy to personally ensure that we meet your expectations and provide you with an experience that will be memorable.

Travelers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We got a poolside room for 2 nights. The location was great - right next to the falls and the Riverwalk. The rooms had been renovated which was nicely done, however, the bathtub drained very slowly. The walls are paper thin and I heard our neighbours throughout the night. The restaurant had average food but the staff was very pleasant.

1 Thank nimzer
Brady K, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear nimzer ~

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! I need to apologize for the lateness in our response! I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position and am trying to catch up on the reviews. I am glad that you found the Cabana / Poolside rooms to your liking. That is nice to hear.

Thanks again,

Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were so pleased with all the attention we received. The managers worked with us for all the needs we had. The breakfast was delicious and abundant. All the housekeeping personnel went out of their way to treat us like royalty. Rooms were big and comfortable. We will recommend your hotel to our friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Claudia D
Dear Claudia D ~

I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position here at Hotel on the Falls. I need to apologize for the lack of follow through with the previous manage teams that never responded to your review.

It is nice to see that the staff went above and beyond to make your Wedding experience a good one. Many of those staff members are now in management and are striving to keep those experiences going for other guests.

I hope you get a chance to visit us again.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Location was nice. Service and rooms were a failure. It is hotel run by amateurs. Elevators didn't work, vending machines with no water, in fact all of them on the property including the 7 floors we walked. The man at the desk did go to the restaurant and gave us water, which was nice. Rooms were clean but in need of repair. The walls are paper thin, you can hear the folks next door, in fact any conversation and usage of the restroom.
The restaurant was a joke at best. Once you cleared off a table and found your own silverware, it was eat whatever you could find. The waitress never acknowledged us once, except when we left. No coffee, food was disgusting, the cereal was good.
Don't be fooled by the pictures and lobby.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear WPHall ~

I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position at the Hotel on the Falls and your review gives me some great insight on what I need to be looking at to change. I apologize for your experience, but please be assured that I have added your concerns to my list and will be addressing them immediately.

Thanks,