“Rooms for Wedding party”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I paid for 22 nights and one night in the Presidential Suite. We loved the rooms. They had all been renovated. Beds were nice. Had a great view of the falls. Great breakfast everyday. Breakfast was part of the price. That saved me money everyday. Staff went of their way to make sure all my needs and my guests needs were met. Staff was very accommodating to see that all my party was taken care of. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. They are willing to work with you on price for multiply rooms. Great bang for the buck!!!

Room Tip: Stay in the tower. Rooms are larger than most hotels
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vin d
Brady K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Dear vin d~

Sorry it has taken so long to reply to your very positive review from 2012. I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position and it is nice to see that we help make your wedding party comfortable.

If we can help with any other events that come along, please reach out to us again. We have a lot of new faces, but are holding to the same principles.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had many family members coming into town for a funeral. They we soooo kind and helpful! The hotel staff worked with us on rooms so we could have our family all together. It was all "last minute" and we're grateful for their help.

P.S. The view of the Falls was incredible.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Linda H ~

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on TripAdvisor, even at your time of grief. I have recently been promoted to the General Manager of this Hotel and am trying to catch up on reviews that have not been responded to.

I am glad to hear that the staff 2 years ago helped out while you and your family were grieving a loss. I am sure that the current staff would do the same.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked this hotel because of the picture on their site and its location to the falls. What a surprise when we were assigned a room in a separate building (nothing like the picture) with an outside door directly to the street (we are seniors and do not like to stay in a room to the outside), carpet was dirty, shower head barely worked, room was dingy - all-in-all a very poor experience. Please alert all your readers that if they book this hotel, they should be sure and request a room inside the hotel and not in the motel-like building next to the high rise hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room inside the hotel and not the motel-like building next to the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Charlene M~

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!

I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position here at Hotel on the Falls and am trying to catch up on what the previous management teams have not replied to.

Although it has been almost 2 years since your visit your review is very helpful to me to see what needs improved upon. I agree that our Cabana / Poolside rooms are not the same as the high rise Tower and they do need some help. We have started on a plan to make such improvements and hope you would consider giving us another try.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I am at this hotel right now. I'm sitting at a little table by the balcony. I can partially see the falls across the street so that is wonderful. I chose a premium room because I wanted a big room with a view. The room is big but the first third of the room is wasted. It has no light fixtures so it's dark and nothing in the space. The entire hotel seems to have been redecorated in the 80s. There's about a 10 inch circle of cobwebs on the desk lamp here and dust and water stains on the lampshade. The lobby and elevators are sort of clean; not filthy, just dust and little bits of trash here and there.
One thing that bothers me is the dimness. The lightbulbs are old, spiral halogens that take a while to get sort of bright so I recommend turning on the bathroom light a few minutes before you want to go in there or you won't be able to see to shave or put on make up.
Weirdly, the bed pillows are not even as big as twin-sized bed pillows even though the beds are queen-sized. They're about the size of couch throw pillows and filled with some sort of cubed foam. The beds are okay; not too uncomfortable but not great either.
What really bothered me enough to write this review is the way the internet problem was handled. I would never book a hotel that did not have internet access but this one said it did. The front desk gave me a security code they said I would need to access it. I spent at least 30 minutes trying to get on. I called the front desk and was basically told to keep trying. After another fruitless 10 minutes I took my laptop down to the front desk and asked for help. I was told that all the rooms were having trouble connecting. I was given the number of a computer help place and told that any guest who wanted to get online had to call them. I called and was on hold for 15 minutes. Then a recording came on telling me they were all busy and to leave my number and they'd call back. They never called back. Later I went down to the front desk again and was told to try turning off my computer and turning it back on again. That didn't work. I was finally able to get on this evening myself.
I keep thinking someone is knocking on my door. I finally figured out that when a door is shut on either side of my room, my door bangs. I haven't tried the food yet; we'll see what it's like in the morning.
Oh, an example of how long it's been since they updated anything: There's a poster on the wall in the lobby showing the World Trade Center towers from back in the 80s. Beneath the towers it says "Destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice." I'm sure before all those people died (not of their own choice) it was a profound poster. Now it's just poor taste not to take it down.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Brady K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear Melissa B. ~

I have recently been promoted as the General Manager to Hotel on the Falls. I have been reviewing the past 2 years of Reviews and noticed that the previous management teams had not responded to your concerns. I want to assure you that the internet issues you experienced are at the top of the list of what I am working on fixing. I want to apologize to you that you did not get any help from the Front Desk. We now have an entirely new Front Desk staff, and this has been a main topic as of resent. I hope that you will give us another try as we are diligently working to make upgrades. They do take time, but they are in the works.

Thanks,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Left Monday morning from Salt Lake City to take our Grand Daughter to Yellowstone Bear World. Afterwards, we checked into Hotel on the Falls. I requested a pool side room. The rooms where roomy, nothing fancy, but we didn't need that for a one night stay. Our inlaws had a room next to ours, and brought their dog. We all enjoyed the pool area, the short walk to the falls and had dinner and Snow Eagle Brewing, which was good. The Hotel had a free breakfast, which was way more than we thought it would be. Out of 5 adults and one child, we all agreed would stay there again. It has a really cool 50's vibe. PS: They give you a free buy one get one free drink coupon.

Room Tip: The pool area rooms on not in the main circle of the hotel, they are off behind the restaurant loung...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Brady K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear IngsBayou~

I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position here at the Hotel on the Falls. I have been reviewing some of the reviews that the previous management team never responded to.

I am glad to see that the rooms were satisfactory for you. We have had many changes in the past 2 years, and are looking forward to many more in the next 2 years. I hope that we can help you out, if ever you are out this way again.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I travel for business all over Idaho and I wish there was a place like this in very town. Stay in the tower, ask for a view room. The Falls, and Snake River provide wonderful view from the rooms private balcony. If you like, you can sleep to the sound of the falls, but if you want quiet, the doors are very soundproof. The green belt and walking trails are superb. Room was very clean, roomy, with all amenities. People were very friendly. No downside in my experience. You could pay twice this much for a newer place and not be as happy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Heymanwest ~

I have recently been promoted to the General Manager position here at the Hotel on the Falls and have been trying to catch up on what the previous management team left undone.

I was very happy to see that you "loved it." That is why I returned to this property after 11 years away. I hope that you get a chance to come see us again, as we have big plans for the future and I hope that you will still "Love it!"

Thanks,

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I'm sure this hotel has better rooms than one we were given with our Priceline bid, but I'll just say the room we had was sufficient and nothing more. We stayed near the pool, not in the tower. The room was just generally dingy, but we slept well enough. There was a microwave and a mini fridge which always score points with us. The riverfront and falls parkway across the street is great and there are restaurants near by.

Room Tip: In the tower the rooms have balconies and I imagine the view to be very good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Brady K, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Dear Nick M ~

I was looking through some reviews that had not been responded to and wanted to catch up on your's that caught my eye.

I am glad that the room was "Sufficient" to your needs. We do have rooms that are in the Tower and have a beautiful view of the falls and greenbelt that you mention in your review. We are working on getting better lighting to help the Cabana rooms be not so dingy. Since I have worked here I assure you that the Housekeeping staff take great pride in all the rooms they do.

Thank you for your review!