“Not Family Friendly”

Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Idaho Falls
Cypress, Texas
“Not Family Friendly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We took our whole family, which consisted of 6 kids and 3 grandkids, to stay here for a family reunion. We couldn't let the grandkids out on the balcony because the rails are not close enough together. Everyone of my grandkids ages 1-4 could fit their head through the railing. When you are 7 and 8 stories up, that is really scary! We also had a barking dog in the room next to us and people talking in the next room until 2 am. We could hear every work of their conversation. Plus, when I reserve 3 rooms, doesn't it make sense to put us all together, not on 2 separate floors.
We will not return to this hotel. There are many to choose from in the same local that looked much nicer!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brady K, General Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear txgallup~

I recently took over as the General Manager of the Hotel on the Falls and say that you had reviewed the Hotel in June of 2012. I want to give my sincere apologies for the problems that you experienced in 2012. I assure you that many changes have been made and we are looking forward to hopefully winning you back. Although, there isn't much we can do about the railings, you must admit that the views from the Tower are gorgeous. I will definitely put this on my list of priorities to be taken care of soon. I also would like to let you know that I have personally coached each Front Desk Agent on the policies and procedures that need to occur when one guest is disturbed by another guest. This should have been taken care of right away.

If you are ever in our neighborhood again, please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to let you experience our new kind of Hospitality.

Brady G. Kraupp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Tooele, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We payed for a room with a view of the falls and we got a good one. Very nice room and very nice staff. We paid for the breakfast buffet with our room and I would strongly advise against doing this, the food quality was the lowest it could have been. I will stay at this hotel again but I will not eat the breakfast. The restaurant was good if ordered off the menu for dinner.

Room Tip: Request a tower room with a view of the falls, it is a little more exspensive but well worth it.
Joffendoffy ~

I have just recently became the General Manager of the Hotel on the Falls. I have been reviewing the reviews and noticed that you had not received a response from the previous management. I would like to apologize for this oversight.

Although the Hotel has had many changes, the one thing that has not changed is the view that we provide in our Tower overlooking the great Snake River. I also, agree that it is worth the extra dollars spent to have this view. We no longer offer the breakfast buffet and now have a Continental Breakfast that is served in the Hotel lobby area.

If you are ever back in Idaho Falls and staying at our Hotel, I would love to meet you personally and to welcome you and your family.

India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We were given a room facing another wall where the Aircon did not work . The tub and the tray for the coffee machine were filthy. The concierge went out of his way and tried to help us but there was not much he could do regarding the Aircon. Had to sleep with a fan which he arranged for.

The restaurant was another disappointment. We were kept waiting for over half an hour before our order was taken even though the lounge was only 25 percent occupied. Food was also very disappointing.

Overall.....hotel needs an up gradation and a little more supervision.

Room Tip: Only in the main building not in the adjacent unit.
Dear Ravi46~

I noticed that you had left us a review in 2012 and had not received a response from the previous Management of the Hotel on the Falls. I would like to let you know that we have upgraded our Dining situation and have new Staff that would be more than happy to invite you in and to make your dinning experience a great one. I hope that you will give us another chance if ever you are traveling through Idaho Falls. Please feel free to ask for me personally and I will make sure your visit is a great one.

Travelers are raving about these Idaho Falls hotels

Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

i drive a truck for a living, and it broke down. they could've sold this room for the night for max price and gotten it, i was lucky to get one of three rooms left. first time to idaho falls and due to the treatment from their staff, i will most definitely be back. but the next time it will be for sight seeing and pleasure.

Room Tip: 7th floor 784 is a great room, exceptional view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hotelonthefalls, Manager at Hotel on the Falls, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am very glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you. Please let me know if you are coming back to the area so that I can make sure we get your reservation taken care of. We look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks again!
Twin Falls, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was once a nice hotel and part of the red lion hotel chain. During that time i stayed at the hotel several times and found it to be a good hotel with good service. NOT anymore i can see why the red lion dropped them. the room was dirty, the service poor and the place now looks extremely dated.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us with your input. We did transition from a Red Lion Hotel to an independent property and we are now the Hotel on the Falls. As always along with the transition and the name change there are other transitions within the company. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction. If you would please contact me on your next trip to the area I would be more then happy to ensure that your stay is much more positive experience.

Thank you!
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

My wife and I have been staying at this Hotel since our wedding in 1977. At that time it was called the Westbank Hotel and was a Grand Hotel for the area. Time has not been kind to this Hotel. We arrived for our 35th anniversary stay to see a dirty mustard orange pumpkin of a building, with the signage of a reminicent of a kids koolade stand. We had reservations for 3 days on the upper floor viewing the falls. When we show up, we are told they cannot check us in until 3:00pm. we leave to visit my wifes mother and come back at 6:00pm, the hotel is now full of little leage teams with one adult per 15 children. the only room they have for us is 142 next to the 24 hour fitness room. The overworked stressed and tired worker behind the desk says they are 101% booked take it or leave it. We get into our room that has a mildew smell from an old jetted hot tub shower combo, the headboard of the bed was on the same wall as the weight lifting rack in the ajoining fitness room. We tried to settle in but with a 100 little leagers running wild in the weight room and whirlpool all night, (we left at 11:45pm to the hammering of weights and the roar of the giant wirlpool full of playing unsupervised adolesents)
we decided to leave. The desk clerks (all 3 we delt with) we rude and not careing,indicitive of employees with insecure futures. We were able to get a nice room 2 doors down at the Hilton Garden Inn . (a little more money but worth it). With the completion of the Residence Inn across the street and nicer hotels along the river I predict that within 10 years Idaho Falls will witness the implosion of this once Grand Hotel. Steve Husarik and Karen Anderson Husarik Sacramento, California

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a response. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences and the quality of service that you experienced with your stay. Please feel free to contact me if you are ever in the area again, I would be happy to help accommodate you and help to make your next stay a much more positive experience.

Thank you!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

The tower portion of this now generic "Hotel on the Falls" is pictured on the website and half of it faces the river and very small falls. that section of the hotel ( and you can see that the sign near the tower room has been removed and altered from the former Red Lion designation) is y far the nicer section of the location and does not share many similarities with the separate pool/ restaurant location. the two-story poolside section isvery old, 60's concrete and metal ( look at some of the guests photos as they are accurate). the interiors look like they were re-done a bit ago and the rooms vary, even in the same category. We had three rooms for our family, and all were the same price, although two of the rooms had a seating area and small couch, and one did not. one room had a low ceiling and was dark. Rooms had standard mattresses, smallish pillows and old style small ,non-flatscreen TV. Rooms were clean , but basic. did bring back memories of road trips in the 60's..dating myself now. The tower rooms were $30.00 more, and if we hadnt had three rooms, would have definitely upgraded to there, but for one night it wasnt worth the extra $$. The motel portion was only average more like two ranking at best, I feel was overpriced, even with the included breakfast. Forgot one thing, accessibility. motel's second floor is reachable only by steps, no elevator. tower portion, of course is accessible with elevator service.

Room Tip: Pass on the two story motel section; Tower is a daifferent atmosphere altogether
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are constantly working to improve and upgrade. Please contact me if you are ever traveling through this area again, I would be happy to set up your reservations for you and help ensure that your stay will be a memorable one.

Thanks again!